Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

podger9 wrote: »
    can anyone show me what a WTN number looks like? Is it W and then a load of digits?

Mine from 2008 is WXXXXXXXXX (9 numbers that is!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

My passport doesn't have my correct name or date of birth on it, and appears to printed on some kind of cracker.....:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Jaysus me nerves.... Good luck boards friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

eenm wrote: »
    Jaysus me nerves.... Good luck boards friends!

ah sure its only a few clicks .should be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

My passport doesn't have my correct name or date of birth on it, and appears to printed on some kind of cracker.....:-)

I'd say you'll be grand lad. Last year I submitted a scan of my face drawn onto a Weetabix in lieu of my passport and they granted me a visa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

Yeah. The folks on Boards who have been preparing for months are pretty much guaranteed a spot, I'm sure. It's the folks who haven't quite decided whether they'll go to Canada or Australia this year who are more likely to miss out, because they're not hovering on that IEC page quite as anxiously as some!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

ah sure its only a few clicks .should be grand

I couldn't believe the speed of some people on Tuesday. Ding, dong, done! :eek: ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kitchenchair

Toronto wrote: »
    Use what's on the laminated ID page, because that's your official "passport name", for lack of a better term.

Yes, use whatever is on the main page with your DOB and picture and all. Because you will have to scan that page and send it to them, whereas you will never have to scan page 3 and send that to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

Agro Head wrote: »
    I'd say you'll be grand lad. Last year I submitted a scan of my face drawn onto a Weetabix in lieu of my passport and they granted me a visa.

Pfff..I actually posted my own head. I think the secretary freaked out when it arrived.

Yeah. The folks on Boards who have been preparing for months are pretty much guaranteed a spot, I'm sure. It's the folks who haven't quite decided whether they'll go to Canada or Australia this year who are more likely to miss out, because they're not hovering on that IEC page quite as anxiously as some!

That was me last year. I'd only finished college and was still testing out options, waiting on news. Then I flipped priorities and it's off to Canada now. Research maximo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Agro Head wrote: »

I'm treating this as fact till I hear more.

Well, I think Page 3 is the page facing the ID page, so it'll show up on the passport scan.. But still, the name on your ID page is the one that's tied to all the biometric stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Getting a bit tense now :D. We're waiting until after we apply tonight to have dinner and I'm STARVING!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Clazicolleen

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Yea, double check folks. Everything corresponding with the Passport ;)

Wow! I'm just remembering my middle name on the cv!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

On Ottawa time in NYC at the moment! 15:18..... wont be long now. :D
    It'll be slightly sooner for me, right?

RIGHT?! :p

That was me last year. I'd only finished college and was still testing out options, waiting on news. Then I flipped priorities and it's off to Canada now. Research maximo

So you've been waiting for months! I hope you get a place this year, then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

Well, I think Page 3 is the page facing the ID page, so it'll show up on the passport scan.. But still, the name on your ID page is the one that's tied to all the biometric stuff.

The new passports don't have any information on page 3 bar an area near the page center where you just sign your name. I got my new passport in December and It has the new layout on it. Much different to my old 15 year passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kitchenchair

If I had a dollar (I'll actually take euros instead at the moment) for every person in your situation last year who says to me when I go home "oh whats canada like? i am defo going to get a visa this year" and then text or email me a few months later saying "yeah i still think I am going to get the IEC this year sure why not" and then when it comes to it I hear nothing from them, or I give them loads of information about where/how to go about getting one and then nothing happens...., I'd be a very wealthy person.

IrishTeddi wrote:
    The new passports don't have any information on page 3 bar an area near the page center where you just sign your name. I got my new passport in December and It has the new layout on it. Much different to my old 15 year passport.

I have one of the new passports too, but I think some people can get their birth cert names printed on that page, in case it's changed. For maiden names and such, I think.

On a related note, aren't the new passports lovely altogether? Full of poetry and the Irish anthem and stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭john_jobin

So close guys! Nervous but excited! This is it! Good luck to everyone! See you in Canada ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭stevief01

I would just like to say thank you to everyone for their input on this, much appreciated beats paying usit and go4less!!! best of luck to everyone...!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭MrMojoRisin'

Last minute nerves here, do we need to upload passport photocopy and resume tonight? Because if so I need to run home quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

I would advise people to have a quick check of the inputted information before clicking submit. Theres no point clicking submit in a blind panic, and then realising that one of the fields turned blank for example. Once you click submit that's it, no further changes. So make sure you're happy with everything before submitting, even if it takes an extra minute or two.

Last minute nerves here, do we need to upload passport photocopy and resume tonight? Because if so I need to run home quick

Yes. Passport and resume need to be submitted to get to the next phase

I would advise people to have a quick check of the inputted information before clicking submit. Theres no point clicking submit in a blind panic, and then realising that one of the fields turned blank for example. Once you click submit that's it, no further changes. So make sure you're happy with everything before submitting, even if it takes an extra minute or two.

Or even just log in now, or a few minute before 8 and make sure everything is correct, if you want to get it submitted as soon as possible after they open it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

john_jobin wrote: »
    Yes. Passport and resume need to be submitted to get to the next phase

Wrong, not until the email you should get approx 48 hours following submission.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

No, not until u receive the request of payment email in ur Kompass account in the 48hrs following "submit"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

john_jobin wrote: »
    Or even just log in now, or a few minute before 8 and make sure everything is correct, if you want to get it submitted as soon as possible after they open it

Yeah, but also just before submitting also, as in your panic you may remove text etc by accident by clicking on a text box for example. Just check before clicking submit is all im advising.

If I had a dollar (I'll actually take euros instead at the moment) for every person in your situation last year who says to me when I go home "oh whats canada like? i am defo going to get a visa this year" and then text or email me a few months later saying "yeah i still think I am going to get the IEC this year sure why not" and then when it comes to it I hear nothing from them, or I give them loads of information about where/how to go about getting one and then nothing happens...., I'd be a very wealthy person.

The relaxed attitude on the part of others might benefit us tonight! Yeah, the percentage of people who are 'do-ers' I guess is a lot smaller. I've lived abroad before myself so I have to say I quite enjoy it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

I think everyone should wait till 10 past 8 to login. That means I'm guaranteed a spot. Cheers guys!

Advertisement