Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old red house in Nutgrove

Options
  • 26-03-2013 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I've been searching online trying to find some info on the old red house that used to be on the hill in the fields between nutgrove shopping center and holylands. I think it was knocked down about 10 years ago. Obviously googling 'red house nutgrove' is not giving me much joy. I'm just wondering can someone point me in a direction on this. I remember a few years ago seeing some interactive maps of Dublin which went back through different years and I'm thinking if I can find that site again I might be able to get a lead. So anyone know this map site even?
    Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Lambs fruit farm was once on that site, but that was many years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Lock Knife

Thanks gerard, it's a lead I can work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

It was called Holylands House, I lived in it in the early seventies, when it was a youth club, the Parish had the use of it then. Before that, the land Stuart, Terrance Doyle, lived in it when he ran the fruit farms for the Lambs Brother, he was there from the fifties. He was big into greyhounds and had many winners. I am trying to locate photos of it, will post them if I can locate them.

Nice one Busted Flat, that's some great information. I remember seeing a punch and judy show there when I was a nipper around '79. Any idea roughly what year it became a youth club, when it closed? I know it became a sort of den there towards the end. Can you remember roughly what the layout was, like when you stayed there can you remember how many bedrooms?

If you come across any photos that would be great, there doesn't seem to be any online that I can find.

I found this video it may be from there

• Advertisement
Advertisement