Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan junk food

Options
  • 26-03-2013 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hey so I'm sure this gets asked a lot around here but I was wondering if theres any biscuits or general junk in spar or centra that just happens to be vegan. I tend to eat healthily but it would be nice to be able to just pick up a pack of biscuits every now and then if I find myself in one of those fine establishments.
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sav1980

I never really shop in centra or spar - I do go to spar occassionally for their own brand chocolate hazelnut spread as that's vegan. Hobnobs are vegan as are most brands of fig rolls and bourbon creams. Oreos have recently changed their ingredients so some more recent batches are vegan now as well. Fry's chocolate cream bars are vegan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ChoiChoi

Thank you for this wealth of knowledge. I'm gonna go... to spar.. to, stalk... lenny and carl...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Bourbon Creams and Gingernuts are vegan - om nom nom. Jelly Tots, surprisingly, are vegan too! Snax are as well, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

cosmic wrote: »
    Jelly Tots, surprisingly, are vegan too!

Deadly, never knew that!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Texas BBQ, Paprika, or Plain Pringles. Frys Peppermint Cream. Bacon Waffles. Some packets of jellies - just check if they use pectin instead of gelatin. Most hobnobs, digestives, bourbon creams, fruit shortcake etc are all vegan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sav1980

starbursts are vegan too - and much more substantial than jelly tots!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I can't add much to what's already been said, but Cheese and Onion Hunky Dorys are vegan too! As mentioned, while some brands of fig rolls and bourbon creams are vegan, do double check the ingredients list for that pesky skimmed milk powder which is present in others.

Oh! Orange creams, jersey creams and digestive creams are ok too (again, double check ingredients, it may depend on the brand - note: Boland's are fine). And Boland's chocolate chip cookies too! 99c a pack ;) And jammy dodgers are ok too (though again, it may depend on the brand).

I hadn't heard about the Oreos ingredients change. I must check it out :D

Thanks guys theres way more stuff available than I thought! I just went vegan a while ago and was finding it tough, but knowing I can pick up a few munchies here and there is deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Not limited to Spar/Centra but some things I found are

Chocolate dodgers, chilli heatwave doritos, M+S big bag crisps (various
    flavours), chips, onion rings (from Lidl - always used to be ok havent had in a while so double check), swedish glace ice cream, m+s jelly pots, O`Donnells s+v crisps, calippo and thats all I can think of for now.

What are chocolate dodgers? like jammy dodgers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

ChoiChoi wrote: »
    What are chocolate dodgers? like jammy dodgers?

Yes! They are! I spotted them on the shelf in Tesco today, and noted their veganicity (if that's a word?!), right before I picked myself up my first ever packet of Oreos!!! The verdict? Very pretty biscuits and a satisfying crunch :D

I think I've used that word before lol. Does anyone know of any good vegan shops? like ones that have a wide selection of strictly vegan foods?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

I've recently found out that Lemon Puffs are vegan. I was pure delighted to find that out haha.

Advertisement