Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thermal panels

• 26-03-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I have not sure if I am using the correct term but I recently read an article about a type of panel that takes energy from both sun and wind. I think they were called thermal panels.

Does anyone have experience of these or have any useful information?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

I have not sure if I am using the correct term but I recently read an article about a type of panel that takes energy from both sun and wind. I think they were called thermal panels.

Does anyone have experience of these or have any useful information?
    Hi
    Your looking for thermodynamic solar panel's
    They are a heat pump/ solar panel hybrid and have a running cost of €200 per year.
    Have fitted several without any problems or complaints.
    Cc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Tommyboy08

ccsolar wrote: »
    Hi
    Your looking for thermodynamic solar panel's
    They are a heat pump/ solar panel hybrid and have a running cost of €200 per year.
    Have fitted several without any problems or complaints.
    Cc
    What €200 euro for just hot water!
    That's ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭freddyuk

Not quite, you have to buy the unit first! We have one real time data feedback post which suggests the costs are about €250 per year. If the weather gets really cold - which it has not been, then the system will cost more to run. Potentially a lot more.
    So you need to consider what system you have running now and what that costs to heat just your water. Only then can you compare the running costs and then factor in the capital cost which is about €3500 - 4000.
    If you take the estimated running cost of 25kWh per week that equates to roughly one hour and ten minutes of having your immersion heater on in a standard cylinder every day. It takes roughly 20 minutes to heat a cylinder with immersion so you could get over 3 full tanks for the same cost per day without spending €3500. This is not fully calculated because incoming water temperatures will make a difference but it is a rough idea of what you need to consider before spending the money as there will be a long pay back period.

Advertisement