Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B & Q Delivery

Options
  • 26-03-2013 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

Ordered 40 boxes of floor tiles last week in B&Q Swords last week and was advised I could have them delivered for €25 ,
    2 days later DHL arrive and drop them in the front garden using a Hiab on the back of the truck , my wife asked the delivery guy could he leave them in the hallway but he refused , It was last Thursday (the day it rained cats n dogs all day )My wife started to lift the boxes in as they had no protection from the elements and the boxes were starting to disintegrate,
    Anyways she carrys in all the tiles (40 boxes x25kg =1 tonne )
    I came home from work and she cannot move with her back in a heap, I called the store and they eventually apologised as it clearly states on their order form that goods destined for indoor use will be delivered to a room of your choice ,
    Today 5 days on, my wife is still hurting although it is starting to ease , I rang today to talk to <SNIP> who is the manager but he refuses to speak to me , I was offered a 50euro voucher for the store , should I accept it and move on or should I bring it further?
    Sorry for the long post.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I cant see how you can bring it further.

Your wife had 2 choices, bring the tiles in or leave them in the rain.

If she had left them in the rain and they were now useless then at most she could have claimed for the cost of the tiles.

As she saved them, she can no longer do this.

You cant hold B&Q liable for your wife's decision to carry in the tiles, (though I completely see why she did it).

Bad for that the 'manager' wouldnt speak to you.

I'd say take the €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

What do you mean by "bring it further" and what are you seeking when you get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭ALS

slimjimmc wrote: »
    What do you mean by "bring it further" and what are you seeking when you get there?
    I would like the manager to explain why my wife had to complete the delivery that i paid for and perhaps offer to pay for her to see a chiropractor or such like to sort out her back .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

perhaps offer to pay for her to see a chiropractor or such like to sort out her back .

Slightly unrealistic, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

ALS wrote: »
    I would like the manager to explain why my wife had to complete the delivery that i paid for and perhaps offer to pay for her to see a chiropractor or such like to sort out her back .

I have to agree with the other posters. Your wife took on to move the tiles on her own bat, and the store are in no way responsible for her injuries or a potential minefield of medical bills. The €50 voucher seems reasonable compensation for not completing the contract fully (indoor delivery).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Similar happened to us when were were building. The store we bought our floor boards from told us they would deliever them and put them in our garage. However the courier company/delivery crowd only dropped them in the front garden as they use a Hiab on the back of the truck. Apparantly the shop never actually told the courier that the items should be delievered indoors and if the had they would have been told it wouldn't be done.

We were lucky that it was dry the same day and a few of us carried in the boxes together. If it was raining we would have refused delivery.

Your wife made the choice to carry them in and to be fair the shop can be held responsible for your wife's choice imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If your wife had left them there, then you could have contacted them and made them sort it out.

However, I do agree with other posters, she made the decision to carry them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭ALS

dudara wrote: »
    If your wife had left them there, then you could have contacted them and made them sort it out.

However, I do agree with other posters, she made the decision to carry them in.
    Thanks for the replies ,The manager just called , apologised and said they would not be using that particular courier again and upped their voucher offer considerably so all ends well I guess .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Good result there overall. Nice of him to do so. Hope your wife is feeling better.

Advertisement