Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco "wine sale"

• 26-03-2013 10:19pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Went for a look today. Santa Rita Sauvignon Blanc, that I bought recently elsewhere for €8 is now "reduced " to €10.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Went for a look today. Santa Rita Sauvignon Blanc, that I bought recently elsewhere for €8 is now "reduced " to €10.
    Tesco always do that kind of thing. Its why i refuse to shop there. They have no respect for their customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Got my online shopping from them today and they messed up a few items with short dates and some items like the leeks and onions were such poor quality they are giving a refund of about €8. Still works out better value to shop in aldi and pay for a taxi home with the shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Santa Rita wines were always about €10 or a little above before the budget, so afetr budget increase I suspect it is about 11.50 in most places.

However as its one of the brands that is regularly discounted, you will find it on offer every couple of months somewhere.

I'd say the €8 promotion was before Christmas.

Also, if you buy 6 you get another 25% off - so price is 7.50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Where did you buy it for €8?

I had a quick look around online and everyone has it around the €12 mark?

According to this, it RRP was €10.99 and that was in September before in the increase.

So, if you did get it for €8, it was either on sale or the place was selling it at a loss.

Advertisement