Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow broadband, but torrent downloads at full speed

• 26-03-2013 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Every evening my broadband speed falls down from 12 Mbps to 2 Mbps. I have Sky broadband now, but i had same problem with Eircom. My line is NGB enabled.
    Recently i noticed despite poor www.speedtest.net results, utorrent download speed is flying.
    Torrent is NOT on all the time, that is NOT speed drop reason.
    Googled my problem, but nothing useful come up.
    Looking here for any advise and possible solution to my problem. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

OsZa wrote: »
    Every evening my broadband speed falls down from 12 Mbps to 2 Mbps. I have Sky broadband now, but i had same problem with Eircom. My line is NGB enabled.
    Recently i noticed despite poor www.speedtest.net results, utorrent download speed is flying.
    Torrent is NOT on all the time, that is NOT speed drop reason.
    Googled my problem, but nothing useful come up.
    Looking here for any advise and possible solution to my problem. Thanks!

For some people, Speedtest can be unreliable. What's your ping like? Do pages load slow?

You can have the fastest speed in the world, but if your ping is high, the pages will take ages to load.

How do you know if your speed is dropping to 2 Mb if you say your uTorrent is flying? That's a contradiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

Morning speedtest http://www.speedtest.net/result/2603059775.png
    and evening http://www.speedtest.net/result/2604529083.png
    Same server, same ping 41 ms.
    Browsing is slow, Netflix not possible to watch, but torrent dowloads at 1000 kB/s. Linux ISO downloading much slower, average speed is just 100 kB/s.
    If ring Sky, they will tell your line is OK. What can i do?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

OsZa what web browser are you using. I noticed when i switched from Microsoft's browser to firefox web pages loaded three times as fast on my pc

• Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

i`m using Mozilla, my favorite browser!

• Advertisement
Advertisement