Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unprotected batteries on unprotected mods

Options
  • 26-03-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

i have a udt-l mod on the way! im wondering if it will be safe to use my unprotected efest batteries or should i get protected ones for this mod! ill also use it with rebuildable atomizrs at times but i allways check them for shorts and dont use really low ohms

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

The Efest IMR are unprotected but are "safe chemistry" ....

Basically if they do give out there is safeguards, just not electronic protection.

Protected batteries don't have the fast discharge rate of the IMR's, which is really needed in mechanical mods.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

surely it's only needed if you want to vape at high watts, he already said he doesnt want to go very low ohm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Is there no protection built into the udt-l switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I thought there was too. Read about it having a 2.5amp limit, and it regulates the battery to 3.7v... Who knows, there could be many versions of it...

1.5ohm atty at a consistent 3.7v would be good though, nice and steady @ 9w.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I thought there was too. Read about it having a 2.5amp limit, and it regulates the battery to 3.7v... Who knows, there could be many versions of it...

I think its this one ? http://www.vapegear.co.uk/product/udt-l which is purely mechanical.

On a mechanical mod you can't really do High Resistance if you want to produce any real vapor though as your vape curve is completely different than a regulated mod.

Vaping an AGA-S @ 1.0 ohms on a 18350 efest 800mah is perfect for me, 1.2ohms is pretty weak, any higher and there is Zero Flavour.

Safe Chemistry batteries are just as safe as protected, either can potentially cause a fire, explode etc.. if the respective safety measures fail. E-cig forums recommend using High Drain IMR's like the Efest or AW. Just don't leave it near your face if you don't need to, and remove batteries whenever you are leaving it unattended for any length.

Bottom line: The Batteries you have are fine for the device in question.

*edit* correct on the wiring for the UDT-L .. it has an amp limit of 2.5 amps, alot of peeps seem to upgrade it to a higher gauge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

yep was deevey thats the one! ill give it a try

Advertisement