Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800 - charging issue?

Options
  • 26-03-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Are there any Nokia Lumia 800 owners out there that have issues with the handset not recharging after the battery has fully discharged?

I have one here that I've tried a couple of different chargers on, as well as trying to charge by plugging it into the laptop. The handset was functioning normally prior to the charging issue raising it's ugly head. An interweb search reveals that this problem has happened to other Nokia owners.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Only issue is that I might have to leave plugged in for a few minutes before actully starts charging, or before I can switch it on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

It's happened to both mine and an friends, we handed them in to the nokia care centre in Limerick, they were sent away and had something replaced, free of charge. If you'll pardon the pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

It's happened to both mine and an friends, we handed them in to the nokia care centre in Limerick, they were sent away and had something replaced, free of charge. If you'll pardon the pun.

Were your phones still under warranty?

The phone I have is outside of warranty from it's manufacture date but not sure about it's date of sale.

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Were your phones still under warranty?

The phone I have is outside of warranty from it's manufacture date but not sure about it's date of sale.

Hmmm, I'm not sure, if you have a nokia care centre somewhere nearby it might be worth asking. I don't think they mentioned anything about a my warranty before. I bought mine from Adverts.ie second hand so I never even had a receipt or anything from a shop for the phone. The may have taken the serial number or IMEI of the phone and cross referenced that to check if it was within manufacturers warranty. But perhaps they don't.

Hmmm, I'm not sure, if you have a nokia care centre somewhere nearby it might be worth asking. I don't think they mentioned anything about a my warranty before. I bought mine from Adverts.ie second hand so I never even had a receipt or anything from a shop for the phone. The may have taken the serial number or IMEI of the phone and cross referenced that to check if it was within manufacturers warranty. But perhaps they don't.

Thanks.

I've emailed a few Nokia repair centres with the IEMI to confirm it's a warranty repair. Failing that, carphonewarehouse are offering €125 trade in on it.

• Advertisement

Even with the faulty charging?

Even with the faulty charging?

Yeah. Thats what they told us.

That's a pretty decent trade in price, but see how the repair centre route goes first I guess.

Advertisement