Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueing

Options
  • 26-03-2013 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

Hi All, anybody know if you can get barrels blued in Irl. would like to get them looking good again as they are off an old db that were pristine before they were put away while slightly damp, its an old English gun with the name Harkness who I presume was the dealer who sold it many moons ago, anybody ever heard of this name, its licensed as Harkness.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

There is a chap over on the vcrai forum who has just got set up do various types of bluing and parkerising, do a search on there and you should find him easy enough.

P.s his name is nonex.

http://www.vcrai.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1695&hilit=Bluing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Hi All, anybody know if you can get barrels blued in Irl. would like to get them looking good again as they are off an old db that were pristine before they were put away while slightly damp, its an old English gun with the name Harkness who I presume was the dealer who sold it many moons ago, anybody ever heard of this name, its licensed as Harkness.

What condition is the barrel? Is there any surface rust? Unless, the barrels are perfect, I would leave them as is.

Can you post some images?

Normally, I advise not to do anything to an older firearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

Eamon Galvin in Donegal is top class, knows his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭HughF

is it hot or cold blueing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Thanks guys for the replys, the barrels were fine until they got the light surface rust because of the dampness, if it wasnt cost prohibitive i would like to have the factory finish, must try and make contact with one or other of the guys you recommend and see what they have to say, wouldnt be too concerned but for the fact that they were in really good condition prior to this, i have compared it to an early purdy and it looks very similar

• Advertisement
Advertisement