Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKC papers

• 26-03-2013 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi, looking for a bit of advice on an issue i've run into.

bought a pup from a family last year, was advertised in donedeal. the pups were advertised as IKC reg. when I bought the pup, they didnt have the papers for the pup there, as they were waiting to send them all off together.

anyway, still waiting on the papers to arrive. phoned several times, story is they are still waiting on them from the IKC.
    But, I called the IKC and made my own inquiries and IKC have no dog registered with my dogs micro chip number.

basically, i think i'm dealing with either idiots who don't really know the process of registering dogs, or i'm dealing with scammers.

any advice??

also, anyone else on here have the same problem??
    there was more than just my pup in the litter.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Moving to Animal & Pet issues as they are better suited to answer such questions.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Happens all the time. Puppy farmer claims they will register the pup, waiting on papers and they will never arrive. Was the pup vaccinated and do you have proof of this?

What breed is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Is your pup microchipped? They have to be chipped to be registered. I highly doubt they have registered the pups to be honest.
    This is why you really need to do proper research into breeders and never accept that line of they will send on the papers, they never will!!
    Looks like you have learned a valuable lesson here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

I hate to tell you but you were scammed.
    Now i dont know much about the dog world but in the cat world registrations are done at around 6 weeks old for all kittens and we dont home kittens until they are 13 weeks old or in our case 15.
    You should be given transfer papers and pedigrees on the day you collect your pup.

Do you know the sire and dam names to check if they are IKC registered? Is the breeder IKC registered? If they are surely you can put in a complaint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Oh it only takes a couple of weeks to get the papers so they are lying for a start.
    I'd threaten them with legal action but to be honest you are wasting your time. You will know for the next time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 snatch73

yeah, it def does seem like they are scammers.

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Happens all the time. Puppy farmer claims they will register the pup, waiting on papers and they will never arrive. Was the pup vaccinated and do you have proof of this?

What breed is it?

i have a vac record, with her chip number on it etc. it all looked legit at the time.
    I've bought from accredited breeders in the past, and no papers were available at the time of the purchase then, but they turned up a few weeks later.

I guess its just down to the breeding lines in the people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I got caught out like that before but do you know what I didn't give a **** I have my dog and I love him.

dave1982 wrote: »
    I got caught out like that before but do you know what I didn't give a **** I have my dog and I love him.

thats fair enough dave, i dont feel any different about the dog with or without papers, but the fact remains, I paid to have papers.

just out of curiosity, how hard did you try to get the papers from the breeder??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

dave1982 wrote: »

Whilst it's lovely that you love your dog, that's not really the point... It's a bit the point, but there is a bigger picture that perhaps you've chosen to ignore. The fact is that whilst pups like yours might get out to enjoy a nice life, his mother, grandmother, father, grandfather etc never will. It's hard to escape the fact that any money given to people like this is funding cruelty and neglect, let alone misrepresentation, false advertising etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

snatch73 wrote: »

i have a vac record, with her chip number on it etc. it all looked legit at the time.

You have a number written down on a vax card... Have you confirmed that she is actually chipped? And with the same number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

snatch73 wrote: »
    I've bought from accredited breeders in the past, and no papers were available at the time of the purchase then, but they turned up a few weeks later.

I guess its just down to the breeding lines in the people!

Does the vacc card have the stickers from the vaccination bottles, and the vet's signature and/or stamp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

DBB wrote: »
    You have a number written down on a vax card... Have you confirmed that she is actually chipped? And with the same number?
    Thats what id be doing too. Go to your vet and ask them to scan the dog to make sure there is actually a chip there and your details are correct. Just because you have a chip no. doesnt actually mean theres one there.

Is the breeder not answering your calls?? If they are can they give you contact numbers for other people who've bought pups from them so you can check with them that all is legit?

Advertisement