Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure where to put this??

Options
  • 27-03-2013 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

My daughter was sick I rang doctor on call.DDoc. They took details and said they would ring me back. . They didn't so i rang again explained the symtoms . They said they where busy but we should take her to A&E as she is only. 17 months.she told me to say that she had refered me.
    Did all this got a bill for €100 as I wasn't refered by the doc on call service. ??
    I said I was they told me to go to and e.guy asked did I exchange cash , I said no she had said she was busy ? So now I said no way as I was happy to go to Doc service. .anyone know where I stand with this and guy just said sorry there is a gap .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

cathy01 wrote: »
    My daughter was sick I rang doctor on call.DDoc. They took details and said they would ring me back. . They didn't so i rang again explained the symtoms . They said they where busy but we should take her to A&E as she is only. 17 months.she told me to say that she had refered me.
    Did all this got a bill for €100 as I wasn't refered by the doc on call service. ??
    I said I was they told me to go to and e.guy asked did I exchange cash , I said no she had said she was busy ? So now I said no way as I was happy to go to Doc service. .anyone know where I stand with this and guy just said sorry there is a gap .

Referral from a gp is always in the form of a letter for hospitals ,as it explain's symptoms or asking for direct admission to the hospital ,a doctor on call couldn't refer your child without attending and examinaing your child first then writing a referral letter
    Unless you have a medical card for your child your liable for the bill
    Sorry if above sounds harsh

Advertisement