Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch and options 4,5 and 6

Options
  • 27-03-2013 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just moved into a house and the Phonewatch panel is beeping regularly due to a system communication failure. I know the box isn't monitored anymore and it's the GSM model if that helps...

Anyway, I read on the threads here that in order to stop the beeping I should delete option 4,5 and 6 from the panel. I put in the 54321 code and tried to do this but it jumps straight from option 3 to option 7 in the delete menu.

Is there a different code I need to delete these options to stop that infernal beeping?!

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Chochese wrote: »
    Hi,

I've just moved into a house and the Phonewatch panel is beeping regularly due to a system communication failure. I know the box isn't monitored anymore and it's the GSM model if that helps...

Anyway, I read on the threads here that in order to stop the beeping I should delete option 4,5 and 6 from the panel. I put in the 54321 code and tried to do this but it jumps straight from option 3 to option 7 in the delete menu.

Is there a different code I need to delete these options to stop that infernal beeping?!

Thanks guys!

Options 04, 05 and 06 are the monitoring station numbers.
    If you don't have the engineer code send me a P.M.

To turn off trouble beeps, drop the front lid and enter your user code.
    Press, Delete, Option, 01, Done.
    That is how to turn them off.

I would only recommend this as a temporary measure as the trouble beep are there to warm of potential faults on the system. Fix the fault to stop the beeps is the better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Thanks for your reply, Altor. Deleting option 1 stopped the beeping.

I have no engineer code to delete the options 4, 5 and 6. If I got them deleted would it stop trying to connect to Eircom every week?

Chochese wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply, Altor. Deleting option 1 stopped the beeping.

I have no engineer code to delete the options 4, 5 and 6. If I got them deleted would it stop trying to connect to Eircom every week?

Yes you would need the engineer code to do this.
    Removing the numbers will stop the alarm system trying to ring them also.

You could also set up the system to ring you in the event of an alarm activation.
    You would need a new sim card to do this, A ready to go sim will work.

If you register the sim card on line before putting it into the alarm it will save you having to take the sim out to check credit plus top it up.

Meteor are doing a good deal on sim cards so a deal like this would suit as the sim never dies.. You just have to make sure the sim has a good signal strength plus make sure you turn off the pin code.

Set you a P.M. re the engineer code :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jaybe

I also have a problem with Eircom alarm beeping. It is driving us mad!! We do not have the engineers code as alarm is no longer monitored. We have replaced the battery in the panel. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jaybe wrote: »
    I also have a problem with Eircom alarm beeping. It is driving us mad!! We do not have the engineers code as alarm is no longer monitored. We have replaced the battery in the panel. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Which system do you have installed?

• Advertisement

Its a GE Security International Concord Wireless system- not sure which model but manual is for 60-840-43 / 60-868-43 or 60-857-43! Key pad located in top left hand quarter with two aerials/receivers on top.

Press the star button a couple of times and see what it says is the fault.

When I press star twice it just asks for the code - I presume thats the engineers code. Nothing happens when I put in our own code

When I press star twice it just asks for the code - I presume thats the engineers code. Nothing happens when I put in our own code

The newer version will ask for the user code, if you enter the code then press the star button again what does it say?

Hi Again,

Message coming up is "Phone Failure Alarm Memory".

We no longer have a main phone line and system is no longer monitored!

Thanks for your time in replying to these questions. you may just save my sanity!

Jaybe

• Advertisement

Hi Again,

Message coming up is "Phone Failure Alarm Memory".

We no longer have a main phone line and system is no longer monitored!

Thanks for your time in replying to these questions. you may just save my sanity!

Jaybe

The alarm is trying to dial out and that is why your getting this error.
    The only way to solve this is to deleted the phone numbers the alarm dials out on.

I have sent you a P.M re the engineer code.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 zborisha

I have engineering code for my PhonWatch Concord system but I can not find anywhere how to delete phone number and prevent it from dialing.

Anyone can help with instructions?

thanks a lot

zborisha wrote: »
    I have engineering code for my PhonWatch Concord system but I can not find anywhere how to delete phone number and prevent it from dialing.

Anyone can help with instructions?

thanks a lot

That engineer manual should be freely available on the net.
    We are not allowed share manuals.

Go into the phone menu to delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 zborisha

Thanks Altor,

I will try to decrypt that manual... :)

This is my first encounter with home alarms and so far not impressed at all.
    So much complexity and security-through-obscurity.

I understand sharing codes could be problematic (not really convinced about that either) - but not being allowed to share manuals and instructions, that is a bit silly TBH.

zborisha wrote: »
    Thanks Altor,

I will try to decrypt that manual... :)

This is my first encounter with home alarms and so far not impressed at all.
    So much complexity and security-through-obscurity.

I understand sharing codes could be problematic (not really convinced about that either) - but not being allowed to share manuals and instructions, that is a bit silly TBH.

Unfortunately the Concord system is not a system that would be the easies to navigate.

Advertisement