Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dermatologists in Dublin

• 27-03-2013 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,I'm looking for a dermatologist in the Dublin area, preferably one who does not require a referral from a gp. I have already visited a gp and they have referred me to a public hospital but the appointment is at the end of next year and I was hoping that a private dermatologist would see me before then. I would like to get a mole removed from my face and some kind of treatment for my rosacea, so should I have to visit a dermatologist first or just go for a consultation at a cosmetic clinic. If anyone knows any good dermatologists or cosmetic clinics where I could get either(or both) of these procedures done,I'd be really grateful. Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Hi,I'm looking for a dermatologist in the Dublin area, preferably one who does not require a referral from a gp. I have already visited a gp and they have referred me to a public hospital but the appointment is at the end of next year and I was hoping that a private dermatologist would see me before then. I would like to get a mole removed from my face and some kind of treatment for my rosacea, so should I have to visit a dermatologist first or just go for a consultation at a cosmetic clinic. If anyone knows any good dermatologists or cosmetic clinics where I could get either(or both) of these procedures done,I'd be really grateful. Thanks:)

Any consultant dermatologist will insist on a referral from a GP before seeing you.
    Does the dermatologist that you've been referred to publically have a private clinic too? If so then the same referral letter do.
    If not, then call your GP, tell them you're not happy to wait that long and you'd like a referral to another one privately.
    They shouldn't charge you the full consultation fee for this second letter, they may not charge you at all or may charge a €10/20 administration fee for the second referral.

Advertisement