Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wellington bars open good Friday?

• 27-03-2013 2:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know do pubs/bars/clubs etc close in Wellinton for good friday? Is there a list of places open (if there are any)?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

What do you need a bar for? Go to Tesco Countdown and buy 2 crates of beer, bottle spirits, wine, mixer and some sherry )just in case "That Person" comes round). Sorted

Failing that...i did a quick Google search..."bars opens on Good Friday" and got results....so and so bar is closed. Probably one of those need to know the place. Maybe, do the above and search for a bar that will open at 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I'm only there for easter weekend so don't want to spend it cooped up inside a house!

I tried googling it but couldn't find a list - all it said was some special licence was needed but no mention of where might have said licence...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

You can get alcohol in some pubs/restaurants as long as you also purchase food so some places will be open that can serve you a meal with your beer. So hence the special license. I think nothing will be open past 12am Thursday/Saturday if memory serves.

There is also a public holiday surcharge in some places to cover the extra pay given to full time staff. Usually they will display this or let you know when you order.

Don't know of any list of whats open...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,525 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

pclancy wrote: »
    You can get alcohol in some pubs/restaurants as long as you also purchase food so some places will be open that can serve you a meal with your beer. So hence the special license. I think nothing will be open past 12am Thursday/Saturday if memory serves.

but won't continue to serve you once the meal is over :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Thanks, that's the info I was looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Just eat for 12 hours...easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,525 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Just eat for 12 hours...easy

expensive.

and I found out yesterday the local bars don't consider a plate of chips enough! :eek:

Advertisement