Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are IT Central on Castle Street any good?

Options
  • 27-03-2013 2:26am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

My laptop is giving trouble. Anyone have any experience of dealing with IT Central in Castle Street? Got burned before with that useless bunch on south terrace.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Stenth

They fixed my laptop (the power port was broken and needed to be soldered) a few months ago. Very fast service - I dropped off the computer before work and they had the work finished around lunchtime. It probably was not the cheapest service I could have got, but I'm satisfied with the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nash Bridges

I have used them before for memory recovery. Coincidently it was also after the "other bunch" failed to find any files on the same equipment. Very happy with service and price.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

A friend went there with a broken external HDD (casing/board broken) and they checked the drive for corruption and swapped the HDD into a new enclosure, charging just for the enclosure. So good service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

That's reassuring. Will give them a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

They also run two on line business's one selling chargers and the other fixing screens. I mention as its cheaper to get them to deliver the charger to you then pick up in the spop for some weird reason. I would recommend as ive used them a fair few times before and were way cheaper then anywhere else when I had to fix my screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Who is this other bunch..Ill spoil it and say is it broken screen.. Was pondering the other day, I used broken screen before but it was for two friends who really had huge cracks across the screens, and it was done online where they come pick it up. But have to say I dropped two laptops in the other day there and wasnt too impressed how i dont know I got this kinda cockiness vibe off the man there (although) he was nice now.. But he was saying ohh it is more than likely the graphics and it would be €150 max but himself who knows what he is talking about kinda knows it isnt the graphics card so I am just waiting to here what they come back with..If they try to be sneaky i shall not be impressed..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

brockenscreen.ie are it central. Have found them good myself anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Jes there's no flies on you... :) Sorry Im crap at the streets town so never know the names. Anywho It all back (except for that yummie turkey sandwich i just demolished mm) anywho.. Got a call there at lunch from them and they were not being sneaky, think it was more like the man was taking a wild guess at what was wrong. One is an old one and not really worth fixing at this point but the Toshiba he said was €80 to fit a new inverter and get the screen back working.. Very good I think.. One friend who got her screen fixed here also was charged €150 but that was between collection and drop off and fix of a huge crack down the screen, the place she got it from wanted to charge €400 for repairs as she didnt get the warranty with it..

It Central/Broken Screen Im sorry they are really good

Advertisement