Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what is this part?

• 27-03-2013 10:09am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

cant get a photo, but basically, its the back of my speaker, floor standing, the speaker cables get screwed in as such, and across the two cables there is a metal plate, i have misplaced one of these plates and looking to replace it or find something to take its place as i seem to be having issues with my souns, cutting out the amp and mid level volume suddenly, although it has only been used again recently after a year or so in storage. any one have a clue what i'm on about?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Could it be Bi-wiring posts ? Do they look similare to this ?

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Yeah, Zener is right. If one is missing then there's no signal going to either the woofer or tweeter. You can happily use a few inches of decent cable to connect the two terminals.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

would that be causing the amp to cut out at higher volumes too? So a piece of wire is all i need to connect the two, the plate isnt really needed, the speakers arent exactly great quality so I doubt i'd notice any slight sound degradation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

would that be causing the amp to cut out at higher volumes too?

Well no to be honest. Check the speaker connects at both ends for any stray strands as if there's a + hitting off a - it can cause the amp to cut out. That's the usual 'simple' cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If you're not bi-wiring then the back of the speakers should look like this. If one of the gold straps is missing then as Slaphead said just use some of the speaker cable to form the link.

Ken

• Advertisement
Advertisement