Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More cushioning/Nike

Options
  • 27-03-2013 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,this thread is aimed at Nike wearers,specifically Lunarglide. I was wondering is there a Nike shoe with a lot more cushioning than the LG's but with the same feel/fit as them. I'll add that i'm a neutral runner/midfoot striker but find that the LG's suit me the best.However,I dont find them cushioned enough even though Lunarlon is meant to be.Does this make sense? Also,im open to trying a different make shoe but as ive said,the feel/fit etc would have to be the same as im used to. Anyone any experience of this? Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭EMPM

I wear LG 4+, i think they have the right amount of cushioning and a quite light. I used to wear luner racer but not enought cushioning, maybe if i was a bit lighter.

I did try on another pair, cant remember that model, could have been pegasus, they had more cushioning than tha 4 but were very similar in structure. I didnt go with them as i felt thay had to much cushioning for me

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

After Lunarglide, I think the next most cushioned would be Pegasus and then finally, Nikes most cushioned runner is the Nike Vomero. The Vomero is heavily cushioned and as such is a bit heavier than the LunarGlide

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Cheers for reply.Ive gone from 3's to 4's and whilst I agree that the 4 is a lovely shoe,I find that after a while I feel the road a lot more ie the shoes feel hard.They are still well within their "best before" timeframe,so this leads me to believe I need a more cushioned shoe? Im in the mid 12st weight bracket so would this qualify me needing more cushioning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Nike's premium cushioning shoe is the Vomero.The Vomero is a softer foam than the pegasus and both these shoes are neutral.
    The Lunarglide uses a dynamic support feature which (suposedly)works for mild over pronators and neutral runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

nellocono wrote: »
    After Lunarglide, I think the next most cushioned would be Pegasus and then finally, Nikes most cushioned runner is the Nike Vomero. The Vomero is heavily cushioned and as such is a bit heavier than the LunarGlide

I just got a pair of Nike Vomero and I find them brilliant. I'm relatively new to running and from a weight point of view I find them very light, a lot lighter then my old ascis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Cheers for the replies thus far.Ideally though,i'd like to know is there anybody who has tried a couple of these and how they compare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

To each their own.
    I'm a bit lot heavier than your mid 12stone :o
    I've used LG and Pegasus 28/29 for the last few years.
    In order of comfort the Peg 28 were superb, the cushioning was just right for me and I used them for every distance up to 50miles.
    I also love the LG2 that I still have, I only used them initially for shorter runs as I found them a bit firm but I eventually got used to them and found them a better all round shoe than the pegasus, but I found they are a narrow fit so I couldn't wear them at long-long distances due to blisters.
    I hated the LG3 when I tried them on in a shop on a treadmill so didn't buy a pair.
    All of my pegasus suffered early toe box poke through and the LG4 are a lighter weave / material so I didn't even chance them.
    I have a pair of peg 29 which I hate with a passion, given how much running I did in 4 pairs of 28's I can't seem to take to the new model, every time I wore them (I've given up on them) I got serious discomfort up the front of my shins, could only manage one 10km run, and a few shorter training runs before retiring them to wear around the house etc.
    I've never tried the vomero but a skinny friend of mine has a pair, he likes them but thinks they lack feel due to softness.
    My current favourite road shoe is a shoe with a lot less cushioning than any of the above, inov-8 road-x 255, at the risk of coming across all fan-boy I think they are one of the better shoes I tried, (granted my exposure to alternatives is limited) a nice roomy toe box, enough cushioning to do the job and a light airy construction, and I run sockless in them.
    I've regularly ran in them up to 20miles and these will be my marathon shoe for this year.
    I'd love a pair of brooks green silence but looks like my size is sold out everywhere. :(
    There is a good review section on runnersworld where shoes get a scoring based on cushioning etc, you can also search for shoes based on what you are currently wearing, "shoes like mine"
    http://www.runnersworld.com/shoemine

Sorry for the brevity of this reply, I'm short on time, I can give a longer answer if required. :D:D

Advertisement