Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking around the O2

Options
  • 27-03-2013 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Going to a concert in the O2 in May. We were gonna book in to a hotel for the night but can't get the next day off work so have to hit the road straight afterwards. Are there any car parks in the immediate area? We'll be going straight to the O2 from work so will be pushed for time so the closer the car park, the better.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 manarocket

There is an underground carpark in the IFSC which is about a 5 minute walk from the o2.

http://www.parkopedia.ie/parking/carpark/ifsc/d1/dublin/

Also I would have a drive around the area 1st, you may get a spot near enough parking is free after 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Jurrys Inn car park in the IFSC is your best bet. About a 5-10min walk to the o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ffm

I knew there was one on Jurys but I thought that was about a good long walk but according to google, it's only 15 minutes. The IFSC will probably be the one we'll go for though. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Park in the Gibson hotel carpark. 30 sec walk to the O2.
    It's maybe €2 more than the IFSC / Jurys one but worth it if you're looking to get away quick after the gig or if it's raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Park in the Gibson hotel carpark. 30 sec walk to the O2.
    It's maybe €2 more than the IFSC / Jurys one but worth it if you're looking to get away quick after the gig or if it's raining.

Think the Gibson Hotel car park has a very limited amount of dedicated car parking spaces for O2 punters. You definitely have to book in advance. Think you can do it through Ticketmaster but it might be worth giving them a ring in advance. There are a number of car parks on the way up to the O2 but they are a rip off (at least a 10er for a couple of hours). Best advice would be park somewhere in town and get the Red Line Luas directly to the O2.

Jurys is definitely a good shout, no more than 15 minutes walk for me, and I'm pushing a wheelchair....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

marwelie wrote: »
    Think the Gibson Hotel car park has a very limited amount of dedicated car parking spaces for O2 punters. You definitely have to book in advance. Think you can do it through Ticketmaster but it might be worth giving them a ring in advance. There are a number of car parks on the way up to the O2 but they are a rip off (at least a 10er for a couple of hours). Best advice would be park somewhere in town and get the Red Line Luas directly to the O2.

Jurys is definitely a good shout, no more than 15 minutes walk for me, and I'm pushing a wheelchair....

Not at all. I've turned up on spec (without booking online) with no problems getting in. Even for sold out shows. They have a seperate car route on gig nights in the carpark. By all means book online (the car park tickets you book on ticketmaster are for this carpark), and it's a tenner i think, but factor in the price of the other car parks / cost of LUAS tickets and time wasted, the extra few quid is more than worth it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I've turned up on spec a couple of times and had no problems getting into the Gibson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Joe Hart

Park in Ringsend for free if you're coming from the South.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement