Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mach 3 compatible blades

• 27-03-2013 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭

Pigsback have a deal at the moment - 32 for e24 but are they worth a try or should I stick to the original. thanks

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Moved from Gents club.

OP - this is where the facial hair experts hang out on boards. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Original you say?

Here's an original razor blade.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10028&stc=1&d=1185648965

So yeah, recommend the original :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,470 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

sweetie wrote: »
    Pigsback have a deal at the moment - 32 for e24 but are they worth a try or should I stick to the original. thanks

Compatible is the operative word there op.Buy the original and maintain them you'll get several months out of each cartridge anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Several months from each cartridge????

I'd have thought 4-5 shaves max per blade.

OP, you'd be better off switching to a DE razor and DE blades.

Several months from each cartridge????

I'd have thought 4-5 shaves max per blade.

OP, you'd be better off switching to a DE razor and DE blades.

You can use a Razor Pit or an old pair of jeans will do the same job,I've had the same cartridge since before Christmas howeve switching to DE blades seems to be the most common advice by everyone.

• Advertisement

Traditional shaving is highly cost effective - you either get a shave for pennies; cost of soap plus a DE traditional blade. Or almost free once you have made the investment in a straight razor and the tools to maintain it.

Getting into to DE shaving will run about €40-60 and straight razor shaving upwards of €100-120.

When you amortise that investment over a lifetime of shaving, Mach 3 and the like simply make no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

A tweet from Mantic earlier today comparing the costs http://sharpologist.com/2013/03/shaving-for-life.html

I'll get a year from a €10 pack of Wilkinson cartridges plus probably half a tub of Poraso soap equals €15 for the year.

So a straight pays for itself in 4 years. Wow. $0.01 per shave is impressive.

Advertisement