Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

I'm glad that Leila stayed, the jacket alone has me excited on her comeback.

Loving Bob and Chi Chi, and also Kim. Also surprisingly liking Thorgy. The challenge was def. back to what they do best, showcasing some talent and some fun. I'm cringing at how serious last year's episode 1 took itself.

Still undecided on Robbie or Betty. Hopefully Robbie can pull off something less tragic, and that Betty isn't going to be a Detox carbon copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

On the above,

Thorgy is an absolute DOTE - definitely my favourite for this season.

Betty is a b*****d going on the clip from next weeks show, but she has aesthetic for days!

Robbie - bye gurl bye / soory - neext

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

On the above,

Thorgy is an absolute DOTE - definitely my favourite for this season.

Betty is a b*****d going on the clip from next weeks show, but she has aesthetic for days!

Robbie - bye gurl bye / soory - neext

Like, with Thorgy I'm not that interested in her drag. There's nothing particularly intriguing about her style, but my God, I want to be her friend so bad.

Betty is a bit like Bianca but minus the hidden heart of gold.

Like, with Thorgy I'm not that interested in her drag. There's nothing particularly intriguing about her style, but my God, I want to be her friend so bad.

Betty is a bit like Bianca but minus the hidden heart of gold.

This! She is the most likeable qween evah! need her in my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Rick_

I think the general vibe I was getting from some sites was that Bob was gonna be the run away star of this season and favourite to win etc., but nothing I've seen so far has made me see what others have (though they have seen him perform in person before the show).

Then again, it is only the first week so I'm not making any snap decisions on anyone yet. I like everyone really.

Interesting that the second episode is 90 mins again like the first episode.

Another episode will be available from 1am tonight to watch live if streaming is your thing.

Also, I have a drag channel on Youtube which I will be uploading more content to in the coming months (all going well) so subscribe if you like. www.youtube.com/pad-eDrag

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kanhir

My takeaway from episode 2:
    - What a challenge and what an ending. This really is fantastic television.
    - The queens this season are *so good*. Strong personalities, strong talent and still a strong sense of community beyond the shading. Best lineup for a Drag Race season?
    - Dax and Laila were screwed from the moment they were called as bottom two. The hushed conversation beforehand, the fact that they chose an upbeat drag fan favourite for the bottom two in a *dancing challenge*, the phone call afterwards? Yeah, there was no way either of them were meant to come out of this.
    - YASSS SHANGELA'S BACK
    - How shady was that exit? Every queen gets an inspirational "you are a fierce queen and the world is waiting to be blown away by your talent" exit, but with these it was just "BYE FELICIA".

Speculation for episode 3:
    I'm calling Skarlet Starlet as next week's fresh fish. It would make sense, what with the convenient absence and her lightning-fast denial.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Wow. Last nights episode was better than the entirety of Season 7.

Next week should be another fantastic episode. They really have got this season spot on so far. This episode is the reason I love this show

Wow. Last nights episode was better than the entirety of Season 7.
    Quoted for truth.

Loving Season 8 so far, this makes up for how shíte Season 7 was on the whole [hole? ;)]

I'm calling it now... Kim Chi for Miss Congeniality.

It's a three way at the moment for Ms Congenialty between Cynthia; Thorgy and Kim. I think if either of Kim or Thorgy don't make top 3 or four they'll take it but if they do then maybe Cynthia.

• Advertisement

I really want Bob, Thorgy and Chi Chi for top 3 with Kim and Naomi 4th and 5th with Kim taking Ms C. :D:D

I'm obsesed with Thorgy, a queen I thought I'd hate. Thought I'd love Robbie but...eh...meh...

Top 3 for me would be Thorgy, Chi Chi and Bob. Kim will get the Katya edit and to be honest I'm okay for that. Past seasons show you don't need to win to make it.

So... who do we think Ru was talking to on the phone and who is joining the show next week?

A new queen?
    A queen from a previous season?
    Will Naysha come back?
    Shangela?

The suspenders are killing me!

Someone thought it could be Bianca, and that she'll return for a challenge to whip them into shape. She said on Twitter she does come back for something so....maybe this?

It could be Naysha but I'm not too sure on that. I really don't like bringing eliminated queens back and it's very early to be doing that right now. But again, I found Dax! and McQueen were a bit like early elimination fodder anyway...

As an aside, read a few pieces were people actually thought Dax! was going to be top 3. LOL!

I think in any other year Dax would have made it a lot further. This year, with the bar so high, she stood out for not standing out. Laila was also someone who never really hit their stride. Also taking your dress off in a lipsynch............no!

I'm not sure how next week is going to go down. There's a big part of me that really wants Shangela to jump out of a box again but maybe it's someone else. I like the idea of Bianca returning to whip them into shape as like a bootcamp mini challenge of something.
    People are suggesting Katya but I'm sure she's going to be on All Stars 2 so it's unlikely

That's true. I think since Phi Phi and her cosplay came into the fray there's a lot more focus on this. It's not as "shock factor" as could have been a few seasons ago. Kim and Dax! fit the same niche, only Kim is (at least on the show) so much better.

I do feel a little bit annoyed over their exit though. I know if I was built up so much to be on the show to be out in that manner...I don't know. It felt a bit unfair. I think as Naysha said, by being eliminated so early you run the risk of being unemployed! So to be sent home without even a little homage is a bit miffy?

I know Laila is pissed just because they had filmed a goodbye with Ru etc. but it just showed them leaving the stage as if they blanked the judges and stormed away so they looked to be petty.
    Shady editing altogether when you think that there were no confessionals about the lip sync at all and we just got weird looks from Ru/Michelle to make the lip sync seem worse (can only imagine that the confessionals were somewhat positive because if they were negative then they could have put them in).

Is anybody else absolutely loving the fact that they can watch the show on Logo TV this year?

I think it's deadly - I never got why they restricted it in the first place, given that they would presumably have wanted to sell tickets for BOTS

How are you watching it on Logo? Isn't it geoblocked or you have to put in the details of your TV provider to get access?

It has been revealed which queen RuPaul was talking to on the phone.
    Naysha Lopez is the returning queen, after being eliminated in the first episode

• Advertisement

pad e wrote: »
    How are you watching it on Logo? Isn't it geoblocked or you have to put in the details of your TV provider to get access?

It has been revealed which queen RuPaul was talking to on the phone.
    Naysha Lopez is the returning queen, after being eliminated in the first episode

Hi Pad e. Sorry - episode 1 was open and it seems episode 2 is geo blocked. crappy.

not happy with the returning qween to be honest. i just dont see the point.

I think with their track record there has to be some "umpfh" to the Latino queens. Otherwise they're just so forgettable and less understandable. Que the "omg she's fierce" reaction when there's a tailored challenge for her to win.

I just think the worst part of it all is that her elimination was so justified that I think it's very unfair to bring her back. The dress, photo and lip sync were all terrible. Then she gets to come back while Laila and Dax! are both gone even though they performed better than her.

I just think the worst part of it all is that her elimination was so justified that I think it's very unfair to bring her back. The dress, photo and lip sync were all terrible. Then she gets to come back while Laila and Dax! are both gone even though they performed better than her.
    Honestly, her lip sync to Applause was so terrible as well. At least with Laila, she really wanted it. Nayasha didn't seem that bothered. She is fierce in a very fishy way, but I can't imagine she'll stick around too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I watched both episodes on YouTube. Loving the new series so far, great potential for the rest of the episodes.

The latest spoilers are very.......disappointing. Was anybody looking for this queen to return? Pointless twist

• Advertisement

The latest spoilers are very.......disappointing. Was anybody looking for this queen to return? Pointless twist

That's the thing; nobody will be gagged/happy. It's a lackluster twist in a season that just doesn't need it...

Episode 3 has already leaked. I'm holding off until Tuesday, even though I know who the returning queen is.

Oh, has everyone seen the Ru-up for Season 8 Episode 1 yet?

Robbie seems to be getting a lot of cut away scenes and "storytelling" bits similiar to Bianca and other front runners. I'm baffled really. Was one of the queens I thought I'd love but not warming at all at all...

Another great episode this week. Did feel kinda rushed though, we went to the main stage 18 minutes in. I liked the RuCo challenge, but feel the rollerskate runway could have been better kept for a different week and could have even been a theme in itself with outfits to match instead of it seemingly 'tacked on' to another challenge like it was this week.

Oh, and here's episode 2 of the Ru-up

BOYS in the Olympic last night was ****ing savage

• Advertisement

Sharon stole the show for me. Loved her!

Pandora not so much...! Who knew Michelle could sing THAT well though? Fair play to her.

Ash885 wrote: »
    Sharon stole the show for me. Loved her!

Pandora not so much...! Who knew Michelle could sing THAT well though? Fair play to her.

Stop. Sharon dominated. Easily the best. Slayed. Her CJ impression was golden. I'm not even a particular Sharon fan but she converted me. Would have liked to have seen more of Violet. All round, I was surprised by how good the singing was - Adore was just showing off!

Bit disappointed by Katya and Pandora, though I'm not a big fan of comedy queens as live acts.

#MichelleDontGoThere

I heard Violet and Pandora were a big disappointment in the meet and greets before the show. Could have done without them tbh, but I did double over laughing when Pandora couldn't find the microphone for Spice Girls!

I thought Pandora was OK in a campy comedy way. Her Snatch Game was ok too.

Katya doing Titanic was hilarious. I was disappointed with the lack of Violet. She was barely there and her solo was a bit.......meh. She should have been higher in the air to add a bit of excitement maybe.

Sharon was very good. Her alien thing was freaky as. And her Snatch Game was hysterical.

All in all I really enjoyed it. Hopefully if they come back next year we have some new queens. Is have liked Alaska or Bianca to have been there

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tony91

Sharon killed it for me. Her David Bowie tribute and the everything was just brilliant. I was disappointed with Violet too, there wasn't really any need for her in it tbh. Like billion dollar baby said her performance was a bit....meh. All in all I really enjoyed the show tho.

Untucked is must-watch viewing this season. With the exception of Derrick, all the queens are so charismatic and have so much personality. (Even Betty slightly grew on me this episode.)

Really enjoying this season.

i keep ruwatching the accapella challenge from last week - it gives me SO much life.

i have to say - acid berry is my favourite. even if she wasn't as fierce as she is every episode, in this challenge alone her look and her face is just so amazingly fierce that i just can't even. it's gunna be enough for me until AS2!

although prolly my favourite drag race moment of the last few years was in last weeks episode when team nyc is trying to get their 'street meats' piece together - the interactions between them and les chicken wings who try to distract them is just so, sooo good.

i feel sorry for people who don't have this program in their lives, i really do. it's one of those times when you thank the lord you're not a breeder (just kidding, of course lol!)

Gagged at this weeks elimination. Was not expecting that to come so soon. Not that she didn't deserve to be in the bottom after that awful Snatch Game. I don't get how you can't have Snatch game nailed as this point. This is season 8! You know this challenge is coming.

Kim Chi was so underrated this week. I was howling with laughter. Definitely should have won.

I think Michelle said it about Bob that she is starting to come across as a bit 'showboaty' and I have to agree. It seems like I hear her voice all the time regardless of the situation. She's still a front runner though. I think Thorgy is my favourite. I hope she gets a win soon

Michelle said at one of the BOTS venues that the queens you think would go far go home early and the queens you think should go home early end up making it really far. So, it's hard to know who will be Top 3 at this point. Bob seems likely, but will the showboating end up coming back to bit him in the ass and he gets surprisingly eliminated in a few weeks time, or will he be this seasons Detox, making it to Top 4 and just missing out.

Who could the Top 3 realistically be, at this point?

Thorgy - Practically a cert
    Derrick - Not a chance
    Kim Chi - Quite Possible
    Chi Chi - Quite Possible
    Bob TDQ - Seems to be getting a winners edit so far
    Robbie Turnter - Possible
    Naomi - Not a chance

It's a tough season to call it so far, anyone could make it apart from Naomi and Derrick who I see as likely to go in the next 2 episodes. If I had to pick who I think will be Top 3 now, I'd say Bob, Thorgy and Kim.

I think Chi Chi might sneak into the top three and either of Bob or Thorgy will be knocked out before they make it to the final although I really do hope that this does not happen.

My hopes are for a Bob/Thorgy/Kim final, but from the T that Visage is spilling, this is something that I should not hold my breath for.

Why is she spilling this T by the way? I would have thought that Ru would have been a bit pissed off about this. I mean, unless it is a red-herring (which would also seem to be kind of pointless) I just don't understand how it is cool for her to do this seeing as it kind of gives the game away to an extent and when the favourites go home early it won't have the same impact because people will be like 'well, we all knew that this was going to happen'?

I wonder if there is any part of Michelle that is trying to soften the eventual blow when the favourites leave early. Like, maybe she is in effect mentally preparing us for this eventuality.

• Advertisement

Also at the BOTS show, people were shouting out the names of their favs (Bob and Thorgy mostly) and Michelle said that people should show Chi Chi some love too. Is that a hint or is she just a fan of Chi Chi's and wants her to have more fans? Who knows...

I'm not sure why she's spilling this T everywhere either, but I agree, I can't see Ru being happy if it is turning out to be true and giving big hints away as to the possible top queens of the season.

I don't want to ruin it if the rumours are true, but a lot of people have made assumptions on queens placements based on their booking fee for the summer and you'll be surprised by some of them! ^^'

Needless to say I hope Thorgy makes top 3/wins it. Bob is showboating and we'll see a bottom 3/lip sync from him soon I'd say to make the story come full circle.

The Ru-Up for last weeks episode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I have a horrible feeling that Thorgy will be going next or the following week due to this sudden edit they have given her. She speaks her mind and means what she says but holy crap are they making it worse than it actually is. A few queens defended her in Chicago saying she wasn't the only person to come for Chi Chi but she's taking the brunt of the backlash. Her edit in the preview for Monday suggests she either kills it or goes home.
    Her usual viewing party in Brooklyn doesn't seem to be happening this coming week either. She said last week she might not be around to do it but I wonder.
    . If she goes I'll have a hard time even caring who wins. I'm still gutted about Acid and I don't feel that the others, whilst talented, have *it*. I can see the top being Bob, Kim Chi and Naomi.

I was at BOTS in Manchester and Michelle said the same there, with added booing for Acid.

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I have a horrible feeling that Thorgy will be going next or the following week due to this sudden edit they have given her. She speaks her mind and means what she says but holy crap are they making it worse than it actually is. A few queens defended her in Chicago saying she wasn't the only person to come for Chi Chi but she's taking the brunt of the backlash. Her edit in the preview for Monday suggests she either kills it or goes home.
    Her usual viewing party in Brooklyn doesn't seem to be happening this coming week either. She said last week she might not be around to do it but I wonder.
    . If she goes I'll have a hard time even caring who wins. I'm still gutted about Acid and I don't feel that the others, whilst talented, have *it*. I can see the top being Bob, Kim Chi and Naomi.

I was at BOTS in Manchester and Michelle said the same there, with added booing for Acid.

I completely agree with the above, except I believe that either of Bob or Kim would be worthy winners.

Do I want to see a late challenge for the title from Naomi? Not really. She's grand and had a good look last week, but she does not have the charisma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/rupauls-drag-race-table-quiz-tickets-24597212926?aff=es2

Would 3 others be interested in a table of four? The single tickets have sold out but it could be great. Post here if you are up for it! Maybe we could even have 2 Boards tables?

J_E wrote: »
    https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/rupauls-drag-race-table-quiz-tickets-24597212926?aff=es2

Would 3 others be interested in a table of four? The single tickets have sold out but it could be great. Post here if you are up for it! Maybe we could even have 2 Boards tables?

That would be some unreal craic! I live on the far side of the country but I would still definitely drive up if I was not so scuppered with money/work at the moment. I hate making excuses and I hope at least one table can materialise from Boards! We know our s**t here and could really take this thing home :D

I completely agree with the above, except I believe that either of Bob or Kim would be worthy winners.

Do I want to see a late challenge for the title from Naomi? Not really. She's grand and had a good look last week, but she does not have the charisma.
    She is now doing a viewing party on Monday, according to her housemate on Instagram. Makes me feel slightly better but she could just be taking it in her stride...we shall see.
    . Hmm I suppose I would be okay about Bob or Kim winning but both of them lack something - Bob's make up skills are not great although I suppose they could improve and Kim can't dance. I like a well rounded queen. I'd rather Kim out of the two of them. My favourites always go too soon :pac:

Latest episode......................

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

• Advertisement

Ugh I know :(. But I seen it coming with her edit going all crappy. They were originally meant to be judged individually but that would have involved putting Kim in the bottom and producers didn't want that so it was changed to groups at the last minute and the lip sync was changed to a more Chi Chi friendly number. So she was the sacrificial lamb for the sake of a storyline. Which makes me mad but what can you do? In Untucked it definitely wasn't her finest hour as she was being sarcastic and not cute but even with her obvious flaws her good points still outweigh her bad. Her grandmother said to her before she died that she was a "jack of all trades and a master of none" and that really stuck in my throat as after so many highs and no wins that was probably how she felt. Which made her departure more depressing to me. The lipsync was everything though. They both killed it but Chi Chi just edged her out. The beads going everywhere was just everything and Thorgy threw her chance to stop Chi Chi from landing on her hoop but I feel she went in defeated to begin with. She's a class act and I am so sad to see her go.

WALL OF TEXT.

Advertisement