Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

I'm like a pig over it. Disgusted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I'm like a pig over it. Disgusted

I've sort of accepted it now but I still think it was the wrong decision. I know when it comes to the lip sync that's your last chance to shine but she falls into the bottom once and goes home and yet Robbie, Derrick and Chi Chi were there a couple of times each and got another chance. The editors really turned on her as well and people have fallen for it. Taking her insecurities, playing them up and pitting her against a friend wasn't really needed (and Bob was telling people what to do to annoy her like say "That scarf? Really?" and bragging to her face but nobody cared about that...). However I take the edits at face value and what other queens have said about her says a lot.

"Witty catchphrase, you know what I mean?" came about because Logo and WOW basically own your life for two years after the show and she didn't want to give them phrases she actually says :pac:.

Also I don't think it was mentioned on the show (it was in the bonus footage of the Reading Challenge) but Thorgy has ADHD which really explains why she was irritated with Bob's constant loud presence. It is obviously hard for her to concentrate as it is and the noise couldn't have helped. If the producers were on her side it'd have been mentioned rather than constant clips of Thorgy just saying "Shut up"

Exactly that. I know she has ADHD and that's why the edit was rubbing me up the wrong way. Totally uncalled for and the more casual fans that don't watch the extra clips etc won't know that and fall for the edit. The internet is full of people calling her a bitter bitch. I guess they needed someone after Acid Betty left to edit into the bad guy (even though Acid is also a ****ing delight in person as well).

On the topic of unfairness, what also annoyed me was the comments to Kim Chi about her speech that made her cry :(. I have a lot of complaints about the last episode or two and could go on all day lol but the runway was still my favourite of the season so far.

I think it was a case of producers not wanting a huge backlash in the same way Katya had.
    Their solution was to paint her as a bitter bitch so that people would want to see her go. Also, I feel like the lip sync was probably closer than we were led to believe. I still think Chi Chi probably won it but if more of Thorgy was shown then the fans would have justified her staying more.
    Overall I'd say we were lead to believe that her going was justified and that we shouldn't have wanted her to stay since she's a "bítch."

If they wanted her to win then all they would have done would mention her ADHD and say how difficult it is for her to concentrate with Bob's constant noise and then suddenly people are on her side. (Similar to Jinkx and her narcolepsy).

I think the true outcome for e7 was Thorgy and Kim lip syncing with Kim being sent home (just because I didn't care for her ad and her outfit - the look relied on the make-up for me)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Not limiting this following comment to just Thorgy or Betty, but -

Although the lip sync is the last chance to impress Ru and save yourself from elimination, I kind of hate this. I love the show, but my biggest bug bear about the show is that you can have great overall queens who fall into the bottom one time and then are eliminated while other queens remain.

I know it is a reality show first and a competition second, however, I would be so much more happy if the queens history in the competition prior to the lip sync were taken into account more. (Okay fine - I admit it - I am ever so slightly bitter that Derrick and Naomi are still in the competition when Betty and Thorgy have sashayed).

I mean, is it just me, or is Naomi really fu****g bland? Even in her presidential bit, she was going on about her platform being based on a supermodel. JUST SO BORING, and predictable and not interesting. I know I am just a tiny freak on an internet forum so there would be no chance of me offending her, and even if she ever did read this post, I wouldn't want to offend her personally, I just find her character so uninspiring.

Still, a great season, if not the best yet. Although I do think that the shine has gone off it ever so slightly in the last few episodes.

Oh they definitely wanted people to want her to go. They have semi succeeded which is crappy. She applied every season to get on as well and to be booted out because producers wanted it to go that way is ****ty. I can almost guarantee that the lipsync was a LOT closer than they showed. They showed a little extra during Untucked and even during that you could see she held her own very well but they wanted it to look like she had been slaughtered. Anyone who has watched videos on Thorgy on YouTube know she is great. Kim Chi would have been on the bottom if they had judged them individually as they were supposed to and both Chi Chi and Thorgy would have destroyed her in a lipsync so they changed to groups.

As for Bob, Thorgy was not the only one rattled by him. I listened to an interview with Thorgy, Robbie and Naomi (who were all steaming haha) and even they mentioned it and said she should have won Snatch Game. But they only ever showed her and to an extent Derrick being annoyed.

Not limiting this following comment to just Thorgy or Betty, but -

Although the lip sync is the last chance to impress Ru and save yourself from elimination, I kind of hate this. I love the show, but my biggest bug bear about the show is that you can have great overall queens who fall into the bottom one time and then are eliminated while other queens remain.

I know it is a reality show first and a competition second, however, I would be so much more happy if the queens history in the competition prior to the lip sync were taken into account more. (Okay fine - I admit it - I am ever so slightly bitter that Derrick and Naomi are still in the competition when Betty and Thorgy have sashayed).

I mean, is it just me, or is Naomi really fu****g bland? Even in her presidential bit, she was going on about her platform being based on a supermodel. JUST SO BORING, and predictable and not interesting. I know I am just a tiny freak on an internet forum so there would be no chance of me offending her, and even if she ever did read this post, I wouldn't want to offend her personally, I just find her character so uninspiring.

Still, a great season, if not the best yet. Although I do think that the shine has gone off it ever so slightly in the last few episodes.
    Add your reply here.

I agree with all of this. I am as salty as they tried to portray Thorgy as :pac:. I like Naomi as a person but she is just not as talented as either Acid or Thorgy, sorry about it. Same with Derrick. Still there after so many times on the bottom. It really irks me.

Yeah and Thorgy tried to change her kimono but was told not to and as a result her outfit looked worse/not as impressive.
    I thought Bob switching characters for Snatch Game was a bit of a gimmick; yes he did both well but what's stopping people from switching in future once they've run out of jokes?

In an ideal world, the show would have allowed for Thorgy and Bob to be seen as friends (which they are - they get along so well) and they would have dominated the competition together in the way that Kennedy and Ginger were allowed to. But what we got was a "bitter loser" storyline instead which is a shame.

I'm actually so bitter about this elimination the more I think about it and not because Thorgy won't be a huge star and be very successful and supported by her fans but because that is $100,000 which she won't win but is deserving of. It's the same reason I was devastated for Katya - I want them to get the prize :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

I swear, if Derrick gets to top 3... Grrrrrrr!

• Advertisement

Yeah - journey me hole

Yeah and Thorgy tried to change her kimono but was told not to and as a result her outfit looked worse/not as impressive.
    I thought Bob switching characters for Snatch Game was a bit of a gimmick; yes he did both well but what's stopping people from switching in future once they've run out of jokes?

In an ideal world, the show would have allowed for Thorgy and Bob to be seen as friends (which they are - they get along so well) and they would have dominated the competition together in the way that Kennedy and Ginger were allowed to. But what we got was a "bitter loser" storyline instead which is a shame.

I'm actually so bitter about this elimination the more I think about it and not because Thorgy won't be a huge star and be very successful and supported by her fans but because that is $100,000 which she won't win but is deserving of. It's the same reason I was devastated for Katya - I want them to get the prize :pac:
    I think her back up outfit was Frozen Madonna. Chi Chi also had a kimono but was allowed to change hers.
    I suppose you could debate that Bob took a chance with two characters and it paid off but he completely took over and even answered questions meant for the other queens. That's why Michelle mentioned showboating. Also the way they made it seem like Thorgy was going to win wasn't cool.
    It's the whole combination of near wins, questionable loses and shady producer decisions that makes me bitter about it. If Bob wasn't there I think she would have taken the crown. However, she was an obvious threat and needed to go. At least in the end she cartwheeled across the stage and went her own way, licked the head of the RuPaul statue and stuck her hairy leg out the window shouting nonsense as she drove off into the night. It was very her :D

pad e wrote: »
    I swear, if Derrick gets to top 3... Grrrrrrr!
    You may prepare yourself as I can see it happening :(

I reckon Naomi is nailed on for a top three after Ru passed comment in the last episode that she has shown 'just the sort of progress we love to see on this show'. I don't see it myself, but I see what way it is going.

So, Bob and Naomi for the final. After that, I know that I would like to see Kim Chi in the final, but me liking a queen is the kiss of death (BTDQ is a happy exception).

I reckon Naomi is nailed on for a top three after Ru passed comment in the last episode that she has shown 'just the sort of progress we love to see on this show'. I don't see it myself, but I see what way it is going.

So, Bob and Naomi for the final. After that, I know that I would like to see Kim Chi in the final, but me liking a queen is the kiss of death (BTDQ is a happy exception).

I have a feeling it will be Naomi winning next week since it is a design challenge with a performance aspect which Kim will not do well at but will be safe due to her outfits.

Then Derrick/Chi Chi/Bob aren't great for design challenges. Bob will probably send Derrick home in the lip sync (Bob may not deserve to be there but will probably be put there to send Derrick home since they just started getting along - oh the melodrama).
    Or perhaps Derrick sends Chi Chi home but it'll be Derrick/Chi Chi next I'd guess based on the challenge.

I see a Bob, Naomi and Derrick final. It's not what I want but what I feel will happen. I need some Team NYC redemption so rooting for Bob. He's the most talented out of who's left anyway but I still preferred Thorgy and Acid Betty :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I could see Chi Chi in the Top 3 to be honest.
    I have a feeling it will be Naomi winning next week since it is a design challenge with a performance aspect which Kim will not do well at but will be safe due to her outfits.

Then Derrick/Chi Chi/Bob aren't great for design challenges. Bob will probably send Derrick home in the lip sync (Bob may not deserve to be there but will probably be put there to send Derrick home since they just started getting along - oh the melodrama).
    Or perhaps Derrick sends Chi Chi home but it'll be Derrick/Chi Chi next I'd guess based on the challenge.

Derrick is a professional performer but I think Chi Chi would wipe her off the floor given the last two lipsyncs.

I just watched Paris is Burning - at last.

It's a really poignant look at the scene in New York in the late 1980's. Great to hear all the catchphrases that have been embraced by judges and contestants alike.

All in all it is a really powerful, funny and vivid snapshot of a point in time and I recommend that anyone who watches Drag Race should really download it.

I done learnt some herstory today.

Kim Chi posted a picture of Britney Spears circa 2007 breakdown, with the caption "Is Beyonce scared of Britney?...she could be!". Bob vs Derrick lipsync?

I seen that on Reddit. If true, I'm not sure who I'd want to go home more!

• Advertisement

I'm not really that fussed on either of them myself.
    Bob is funny but something about him rubs me the wrong way. He's pretty shady and not in the fun way. Derrick is Derrick lol and shouldn't even have gotten this far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

I just watched Paris is Burning - at last.

It's a really poignant look at the scene in New York in the late 1980's. Great to hear all the catchphrases that have been embraced by judges and contestants alike.

All in all it is a really powerful, funny and vivid snapshot of a point in time and I recommend that anyone who watches Drag Race should really download it.

I done learnt some herstory today.

It is so sad that basically everyone in that film died of AIDS. Willie Ninja managed to live until the mid-2000s. But most of them were death by the mid-1990s.

When Dorian Corey died of AIDS. They were going through her stuff and found a trunk. When they opened it, they found a mummified body. So they called the police and when they investigated it. They found Dorian has shot her former husband and put him in a truck. She left him there in her closet for 15 years until she died. It is insane to think that is the same person in the film

Wow that is incredible. It adds even more depth to the actual film itself which I found had me completely spellbound.

My favourite bit? Where one of the queens went up to the MC at a ball and told him that the queen walking on the floor was wearing a womans jacket, where the category was straight-man realness, or something. They were apoplectic. I lived.

newacc2015 wrote: »
    It is so sad that basically everyone in that film died of AIDS. Willie Ninja managed to live until the mid-2000s. But most of them were death by the mid-1990s.

Venus Xtravaganza tho </3 Her storyline in the film was so tragic :'(

They were apoplectic.
    I swear, the first thing that came into my head reading that was LaShawn Beyond trying to say "apocalyptic" in Season 4 Episode 1.

You "un-announciate" that right now! ;)

Gurls, has anyone seen this weeks episode yet? Another extended episode and probably one of the best this season and certainly better than anything from S7.

I hate that we are down to the Top 4 now... this season is gonna be over soon.... :(

At least we have All Stars 2 to keep us entertained until s9 next year!

I'm starting to warm up to this weeks second placed contestant. She got a LOT of screentime this week and that helped to show that she might not necessarily be as one dimensional as I had her pegged to be.

Lip sinc was EVERYTHANG!

I thought both queens did well in the lip sync, and it certainly wasn't a run away victory, but there was no way the winner wasn't gonna be chosen over the queen who went home - based on past performances.

I think one queen is a dead cert to be Miss Congeniality now if they don't make Top 3 after next week.

• Advertisement

I thought both queens did well in the lip sync, and it certainly wasn't a run away victory, but there was no way the winner wasn't gonna be chosen over the queen who went home - based on past performances.

I think one queen is a dead cert to be Miss Congeniality now if they don't make Top 3 after next week.

Pad e, I disagree on the second point, in the sense that I don't think it is necessarily a lock in. I do agree that the queen you allude to you is favourite, but CuCu is certainly in there with a shot, don't you think? I know she was an early out, but she seems to have been universally loved by contestants and fanbase alike

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Miss Congen. will depend on how close/shafted the top 4 was. If you think of BenDela for example, the uproar caused by her elimination was insane. Bianca herself said that she didn't deserve Miss. C., and it was just as a result of the elimination. (I happen to be the biggest BenDeLa fan, but Bianca had a point).

For me it's between Thorgy and 4th place. CuCu at a stretch, but she might have been eliminated too early for fans to be too worked up on her. I don't know?

Overal loved the episode. Not a fan of Derrick's behaviour, the man screams insecurity! Couldn't get over Kim's talent, Naomi's growth. Even Chi Chi's look was amazing. Whoever is top 3, whoever wins, I'll be happy.

Ash885 wrote: »
    Miss Congen. will depend on how close/shafted the top 4 was. If you think of BenDela for example, the uproar caused by her elimination was insane. Bianca herself said that she didn't deserve Miss. C., and it was just as a result of the elimination. (I happen to be the biggest BenDeLa fan, but Bianca had a point).

For me it's between Thorgy and 4th place. CuCu at a stretch, but she might have been eliminated too early for fans to be too worked up on her. I don't know?

Overal loved the episode. Not a fan of Derrick's behaviour, the man screams insecurity! Couldn't get over Kim's talent, Naomi's growth. Even Chi Chi's look was amazing. Whoever is top 3, whoever wins, I'll be happy.

That's interesting re BDR's comment that Dela didn't deserve to win Miss Congeniality. My pick for that season would actually have been Joselyn Foxx who I think stood up for what she believed in (defending Milk) and was a total sweetheart. I basically loved her. But what was the general opinion on this? Who am I forgetting about, or was Joselyn the robbed Miss Congeniality of season 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Joselyn was the one robbed in my opinion too! She was the one Bianca said should have deserved it because she was a fan favourite and favourite amoungst the queens. Ever since calling Gia out for being out of bounds with the mean comments. It would be nice for an earlier queen to get it simply to break the 5th/4th automatically winning. Maybe even Betty? Sems to be an odd fascniation with her post-eviction that was no where to be seen when she was on the show! ^^'

They need to add a Fan Favourite award and let the queens vote for Miss Congeniality themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tony91

Really not sure on who to call as the winner this season. Bob was the front runner all along for me but any of them are quite deserving of it now I think at this stage. They've all grown in different ways throughout the show.

I'd be happy to see Thorgy getting Miss Congen. Chi Chi killed it in their lip sync but I really didn't want to see Thorgy go.

• Advertisement

I warmed to the eliminated queen in the past couple of episodes. But that make up on the runway...well, she took instructions and tried to change it up so kudos for that I guess. I'm not as crazy about the lip sync as others seem to be if I'm honest but I had no doubt who was going to stay. I agree whoever finishes fourth will probably get Miss Congeniality. I'd like Thorgy to get it as she deserved to win something but she's not very congenial haha, her post Drag Race interviews have caused an uproar. I don't want anyone to go home next week :(.

The Ru-Up for Episode 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Hi! I'm #TeamNaomi all the way have been since week 1- Bob will win don't get me wrong, but I adore Naomi and delighted to see the back of the very one dimensional Derrek

Kim Chi has great make up and Chi Chi has come on leaps and bounds so I don't know who else I want in top 3.

It's been an OK season, no season 6.
    Snatch Game was dreadful

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I warmed to the eliminated queen in the past couple of episodes. But that make up on the runway...well, she took instructions and tried to change it up so kudos for that I guess. I'm not as crazy about the lip sync as others seem to be if I'm honest but I had no doubt who was going to stay. I agree whoever finishes fourth will probably get Miss Congeniality. I'd like Thorgy to get it as she deserved to win something but she's not very congenial haha, her post Drag Race interviews have caused an uproar. I don't want anyone to go home next week :(.

I've been meaning to as you Keiketsu - which of Thorgy's post-sashay interviews have caused uproar and why?

OMG, we have a Top 3........!!!!!!!

Finale in 2 weeks.....

• Advertisement

As it stands with the Top 3 for voting online:-
    Kim Chi has 4.6k likes and 3.6k retweets
    Bob TDQ has 2.7k likes and 2.0k retweets
    Naomi has 2.2k likes and 1.6k retweets

I know who I want to win and who will actually win...

As it stands with the Top 3 for voting online:-
    Kim Chi has 4.6k likes and 3.6k retweets
    Bob TDQ has 2.7k likes and 2.0k retweets
    Naomi has 2.2k likes and 1.6k retweets

I know who I want to win and who will actually win...

The queen in 2nd place deserves to win more than the queen in 1st I think.

Oh My God yes - this would just be wrong wrong wrong!

Oh the humanity of it all!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

I feel it's been obvious from day one who will win. She's not my favourite queen out of the 3 left but I can't deny she is the strongest.

My personal choice would be the one with the fewest votes funnily enough.

It's Wednesday so I presume I'm okay to type without spoilers.

For such a strong season I can't help but feel that the top 3 is somewhat underwhelming. Not that I don't love every queen there and they are all so talented but at this stage I actually can't see any competition for Bob. I mean Naomi only really made an impact after she was in the bottom which was half way through the season. And Kim Chi may have served some legendary looks but at the same time the only reason she made it so far was that Ru never made her lip sync (and it would have been justified for her to do so a few times).
    Just think that there is a clear winner in the Top 3 and things would be more exciting if Bob was up against Thorgy/Acid who were a little more out there and competitive.

Was devastated for Chi Chi not making the top 3 too but she was the clear out since she was in the bottom twice (And Naomi killed the video) :'(

I feel it's been obvious from day one who will win. She's not my favourite queen out of the 3 left but I can't deny she is the strongest.

My personal choice would be the one with the fewest votes funnily enough.

Completely agree

#TeamBestFriendRace

I felt so emotional for Chichi when she kept mentioning the money- you know that would impact her life far more.

I hope she exploits her fleeting fame to make as much as possible

I didn't get the whole Thorgy/Acid thing- they weren't as strong as they thought they were. They were ok at everything not stand out the way Naomi/Kim are re aesthetics/Avant Garde

Bob was always winning this like Bianca in S6- that was a strong season also.

At least we don't have a Courtney Act in the Top 3

mansize wrote: »
    I didn't get the whole Thorgy/Acid thing- they weren't as strong as they thought they were. They were ok at everything not stand out the way Naomi/Kim are re aesthetics/Avant Garde

They were quite strong at everything? They had a good few "high" placements before they slipped into the bottom. Just because they had no challenge wins does not automatically mean they were "ok"

But Bob and Bianca are rather similar, and one thing we always get in the winners is a completely different type, no two winners are alike. I dunno if Bob is the guaranteed winner of this, I have a sneaking suspicion Kim has a very good chance. She certainly has the fan vote.

• Advertisement
Advertisement