Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Happy with the top 3.

My money's on Kim for the crown, but I wouldn't be upset if Bob won either. I agree with pad e though, we've had winners like Bob before and I think that works in Kim's favour this year.

That's certainly not the only factor though; Kim would be well deserving in her own right. Wonderfully theatrical and a captivating presence on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

It is interesting to me to see how much stock Ru and World of Wonder put in fan opinions. I totally get making the show interactive and wanting to please everybody but I don't agree with fans being able to influence who wins the show. That's what Miss Congeniality is for.

Had it not been for the vocal social media backlash last year Ginger would have won the crown. It would be a shame to see it happen again this year with Bob. I like Kim Chi and I understand that she is the most lovable to one, but come on, she is not the winner. My personal favourite would be Naomi Smalls as she really has, to use the cliche, been on such a journey and has showed so much progression but again she is not the winner.

Bob is the only real contender here. Although I have found her slightly over confident and irritating at times she is the strongest one there. She represents C.U.N.T and has done since the second she stepped through the workroom door and if she doesn't win then I would be gagged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Rick_

I'd say Bob is more CNT than anything. She isn't that unique, she's a comedy queen (we've seen plenty before) who can make people laugh but her make-up isn't that great and her outfits can sometimes be rather meh.

The more I think about it, there's a chance there could be a double crowning, and if that happened, I would be GAGGED. They were gonna do it for S6 but chickened out, but could they do it for S8?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

They were quite strong at everything? They had a good few "high" placements before they slipped into the bottom. Just because they had no challenge wins does not automatically mean they were "ok"

Totally agree with this statement. Overall the season was a massive recovery from where it went in S7, but there was definitely a missed opportunity to make it the best series ever.

I mean, a top four with team NYC and Kim? THAT would've been the strongest top 4 in Drag Race herstory!

(Not to demean Chi Chi - Love that betch!)

pad e wrote: »
    I'd say Bob is more CNT than anything. She isn't that unique, she's a comedy queen (we've seen plenty before) who can make people laugh but her make-up isn't that great and her outfits can sometimes be rather meh.

The more I think about it, there's a chance there could be a double crowning, and if that happened, I would be GAGGED. They were gonna do it for S6 but chickened out, but could they do it for S8?

pad e - we have had plenty of comedy queens before, that we can agree on. But I am at a loss here trying to work out how Bob The Drag Queen is not unique?

Which queens have we seen that detract from Bob's uniqueness - that make you feel ' oh, we've been here before?' Just asking, because I feel like with Bob, we are seeing a truly unique individual.

I mean if we're gonna say that Bob is a comedy queen and so is Bianca therefore they'd be identical winners then couldn't we say that Raja had high concept looks so Kim can't win and Violet was 'a model' so Naomi can't win?

It's easy to pigeon-hole these girls after 8 seasons but none of them are exactly alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I warmed to the eliminated queen in the past couple of episodes. But that make up on the runway...well, she took instructions and tried to change it up so kudos for that I guess. I'm not as crazy about the lip sync as others seem to be if I'm honest but I had no doubt who was going to stay. I agree whoever finishes fourth will probably get Miss Congeniality. I'd like Thorgy to get it as she deserved to win something but she's not very congenial haha, her post Drag Race interviews have caused an uproar. I don't want anyone to go home next week :(.

I've been meaning to as you Keiketsu - which of Thorgy's post-sashay interviews have caused uproar and why?

Sorry for the late reply, been working flat out!

It was this interview here - http://m.chron.com/entertainment/tv/article/Thorgy-Thor-7287541.php

She said she wasn't impressed with Chi Chi and Derrick's drag. Also said Bob annoyed the hell out of her but this is a well established fact lol. In another interview she saud both Bob and Kim Chi got special treatment (where is the lie haha). Bob was at her viewing party on Monday so there's obviously no hard feelings so I don't see why Reddit and tumblr had to get their knickers in a twist. I laughed...mostly because I agree with what she said and I'm not looking for a reason to hate her which is currently the fashionable thing. She even said in another interview that she throws randon names out there to stir the pot....it's working!

As far as our top three goes, I can't decide who I want to win! But I have a feeling Naomi might sneak up and take it. Fan votes only count for so much when its all said and done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I've really liked Naomi from Day 1. It's like she just gets on with her work without the drama and bitchiness but when Derrick came for her she put that low rent celebrity impersonator (I don't see her as a drag queen) back in her cheap box- but didn't burn bridges and offered to help her.

She does seem so sweet and has a heart of gold! And those legs!!!

She won't win, but I'll always be #TeamNaomi

Finale on Monday! Has anybody seen the any of the looks from it? Acid Betty slaying the children as always.

• Advertisement

Quite a few Periscopes from the final and plenty of pics showing the queens finale looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Thorgy's final look was...just awful to be honest! Betty continues to amaze me, high standard for the most part from Season 8.

There's been so many conflicting reports on who won Miss. C., I can't! ^^'

I have seen posts stating who won Miss C and receipts to prove it, along with other posters who were there and confirmed it, so unless they are really well faked, I'm pretty sure who won Miss C.

Cucu?

Yes. I'm 95% sure that's correct. Then again, who knows, we may have to just wait until the wee hours of Tuesday morning to find out! :D

I wasn't a fan of hers- but it would be deserved tbf

• Advertisement

Same. I think the shadey editing that the other contender got towards the end really left no other option. Between those two really.

I think, judging by Reddit, it was a big conscious decision to reward her. After the show she was diagnosed with cancer and given her almost consistent upbeat attitude, it is a lovely reward to recieve.

Aaaaaand we have a winner....although at this early in the morning and the dodgey screaming live stream I was watching, Tempest could have won it.

Happy with the winner! Throughout the show it made the most sense. Still not really sure wtf Thorgy was thinking with that outfit! ^^'

Well I know who won now because Willam put it on Facebook. Still waiting on a 1080p uncensored upload before I watch (come on Faburash!)

I had my suspicions anyway who it was gonna be. Condragulations to her.

I was able to watch a 720p torrent there. Had it spoiled for myself this morning on the way to work. I'm happy with the outcome though. I had no idea who I actually wanted to win! Acid Betty looked amazing at the finale. I really liked Thorgy's look. She wore a dress last night to the NYC crowning that was covered in patterns made from coloured rubber bands...I'd love to know what goes on in that head sometimes :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Violet's look when she was crowning the winner was next level. Really extraordinary. Happy with the outcome, obvious as it was. Easily the most dynamic queen this season!

• Advertisement

Violet's look when she was crowning the winner was next level. Really extraordinary.

It was AMAZING. Blew me away.

Not surprised. Very much deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tony91

I really enjoyed this season, overall, the winner truly deserved the crown. She was on game throughout the season. Looking forward to all stars now. Heading to Alyssa and Willam on Friday too, should be good!

Anyone who reads the *interesting* stuf on Reddit will see the Raven Vs. Bob thing has exploded. Raven's basically came out and said Bob didn't deserve the win in a very public manner and eh, the reaction has been pretty severe!

Alyssa and Willam on Friday should be gas alright!

Apparently there is a Tweet/FB post saying "F*k . Yo. Purse" and then a video of Raven explaining the situation.

The Tweet is here -
    TXgzLvp.png

The video is here -

Well to be fair Raven's boyfriend posted a pretty scathing facebook message slating Bob right after Raven's. Subsequently deleted though. I don't know, it seems to be quite ugly right now. Sharon obviously stirring the pot on Twitter too.

But again, some of the Drag Race fans get very militant over these things. So can only imagine what Raven's been reading!

I can fully understand where Raven is coming from though, Drag Race fans take what they see as gospel and the editing on the show is mostly to blame. People still hate Phi Phi, Tyra and Roxxxy after all these years even though they have really stepped their pussies up and made amends for anything they themselves admitted was wrong. But the fans are savage and can take the tiniest of things and run with it. Raven has said she was joking, take that whatever way you want, but the reaction to it has been one of "typical obsessive fandom" in every aspect.

This is totally Raven though and anyone who calls themselves a 'fan' would clearly know what Raven is like. Watch a single episode of Photo Fashion Revue and you can see it's her style.

She's a shady drag queen and so what? That's her thing. Since when did people want their drag queens saccharine and PG?

She has nothing to apologise for.

People need to learn about tb editing too- I mean that show is edited to within an inch of its life.

All Star 2 line up ruvealed. Thoughts?

Disappointed Kelly didn't make the cut!

• Advertisement

^ snap haha, great minds!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Great line up. Better queens than expected tbh, even if including Tatianna feels a bit random. Could do without Roxxy and Coco as well, but very happy with the rest. Alaska, Alyssa, Katya, and Adore are four of my all time faves - and Phi Phi has really won me over with her 365 days of drag project.

Bit gutted about the lack of Stacey Layne Matthews to be honest. Also feel a bit bad for Porkchop. She has been a big campaigner for this and I thought for sure she would be cast.

Surely this is Alaska's crown to lose?

Replace Ginger with Trixie and Coco with April Carríon and I'd be gagged forever.
    Rooting for Katya <3

Mostly happy with the line-up, even if it is a bit Season 5 heavy. Would have loved to have seen Ongina back. Don't rate Coco as a great all rounder so would have replaced her.

According to some posts on Reddit, some spoiler T has been let slip (may or may not be true):-
    · Adore walks out due to cliques forming and her feeling threatened because of the twist below:-

· Ru picks a Top 2 and a Bottom 2 every episode. Instead of the Bottom 2 lip-syncing, the Top 2 do, and whoever wins gets to send whichever one of the Bottom 2 home that they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm seriously not buying anything Reddit may say since they also said Acid Betty stood and did nothing during a lipsync when in reality that never happened.

True, I'm only relaying what I read. I believe the person who posted that info also posted the rumoured cast list a good while ago and was correct so there could be some truth in it.

Or the rumour, which I sadly believed, that Acid Betty both assaulted someone and called Ru out on now doing her own drag for years. Haha on Reddit...

I hope that's not the format. They really ***ed up with the teams last time round, they should just follow the same format as the traditional seasons. It's more enjoyable, it works and it's "fairer", if that word exsists in reality television.

• Advertisement

But this is All Stars, it's the motherf**kin' Olympics of drag, gurrr. I don't think they could have a normal season for AS2 when AS1 had a gimmick, otherwise people would be saying it is unfair and the twist/no twist could completely change who wins and who loses. If there wasn't teams, it could have been a completely different result for AS1, despite everyone saying it was only invented for Chad to win ('cos he about to die and Ru wanted him to be happy).

But this is All Stars, it's the motherf**kin' Olympics of drag, gurrr. I don't think they could have a normal season for AS2 when AS1 had a gimmick, otherwise people would be saying it is unfair and the twist/no twist could completely change who wins and who loses. If there wasn't teams, it could have been a completely different result for AS1, despite everyone saying it was only invented for Chad to win ('cos he about to die and Ru wanted him to be happy).

That remains one of the funniest things I ever watched online. Even Chad bust a nut laughing at it!

Someone posted the other day on Reddit had it not been for the teams, Manilla would be won it. So in hindsight, I'm pretty grateful they had teams :pac::D;)

If it wasn't for teams, I think Manila, Raven, Jujubee or Chad could have won it. Poor Raven, got so close twice and lost both times.

I'm really hoping that's not the concept for All Stars 2 and instead just false rumours.

Delighted with Sharon Needles and Alaska announced for Dragged Up in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Any good spot to watch the new season guys?

I've seen episode 1 of AS2... Oh. My. Gag! It's brilliant!

I can give you a link to a Google Drive, not sure if its against the rules or not, a mod can remove it if so.

You can stream/download it from here:-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0NocwHaIszgc1VSLUdXdUZvT0k/view

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭what the hell!

I've seen episode 1 of AS2... Oh. My. Gag! It's brilliant!

I can give you a link to a Google Drive, not sure if its against the rules or not, a mod can remove it if so.

You can stream/download it from here:-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0NocwHaIszgc1VSLUdXdUZvT0k/view

Thanks a million that's great!

Tatianna has really stepped her pussy up this season. I'm impressed.

Brilliant episode but Michelle was an absolute bitch for no reason. Ugh.

I'm excited for this season

That was a joke of a critique by Visage, who excoriated the most talented qween up there for her clothes, when the goddamn challenge was supposed to be a talent show.

She prefaces her crit by saying 'well, if you are offended, get over it, and improve' and then 5 seconds later, she seems to take it as a slap in the face when the qween she lashed out of it DOESN'T act butthurt enough for her.

Would gladly see Visage go at this stage for stunts like this.

Two things I didnt like about AS2, Visage critique- unwarranted - it was a talent show and Adore showed far more talent than most, and that bit at the end, I mean... ¬¬

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LPFlamingos

Tatianna has really stepped her pussy up this season. I'm impressed.

Totally agree. Bitch shocked me. I was rooting for her to win the first 10k, just for the plot twist, but obviously nah.

• Advertisement
Advertisement