Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

You know I always feel like I totally get it wrong from the Meet The Queens anyway. I remember Season 7 I disliked Pearl and loved Ginger. When I rewatched that season last year I actually really liked Pearl and found a new appreciation for Violet and kind of went off Ginger. I don't know if social media had anything to do with that and seeing how each queen came across with the public may have swayed my opinion a little.

Last year before the show aired I was rooting for Derrick as I was already aware of her and also Acid Betty and Kim Chi. By the end I loved Naomi Smalls.

The little clips that we get don't really showcase how they are produced on the show so it's hard to fully say who you like.
    Having said that from the clips the ones I remember are Alexis, Farrah, Kimora, Jaymes and Nina

I really hope
    Cynthia
    doesn't return because she won't do well against these girls. It'd be a cheap stunt to get views out of her personal life.
    I would support
    Laila returning. The fact she was ever in the bottom for her sewing challenge is beyond me and had more to offer and has only grown since.

With the s9 girls, I'm loving Nina, Aja, Sasha and Shea. I'm very excited to see Kimora because she is gorgeous but I want a bit more of a personality than "I'm a bitch" because I need a little more depth than that to be entertained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

With the s9 girls, I'm loving Nina, Aja, Sasha and Shea. I'm very excited to see Kimora because she is gorgeous but I want a bit more of a personality than "I'm a bitch" because I need a little more depth than that to be entertained.

I'll be happy if Kimora serves straight up kaaaaaaaaaaahnt for her whole time on the show just for the dramz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

Just announced that Lady GaGa is on the show this season (first episode?).

A teaser video has been posted by her and the official RPDR Twitter/Instagram pages confirming it.

Fans have been asking for her to be on the show for years, now she finally is.

Hunchback wrote: »
    I'll be happy if Kimora serves straight up kaaaaaaaaaaahnt for her whole time on the show just for the dramz

I'd love for her to be a source of drama but I'd want something else to validate her being a cúnt i.e. she's slaying it hard and letting everyone know they need to step their pússy up

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Did you see the Trailer for S9 ? YAAAASSSSSS !!!!!! I'm living for the first episode

On a side note, my friend has surprised me with tickets to go see Bianca Del Rio on 20th Feb so in return I have got us tickets to see Trixie Mattel in May. Can't wait!

yay! I'm going to see Bianca on the 19th Feb. I'm too broke to buy Trixie tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Going to see both myself! And Raven and Juju...and Tati and Chi Chi...

No pension for me ^^'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Off to see Bianca!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Ah have a great time! I'm seeing her tomorrow night in Belfast. Can't wait :D

I'm such a basic bitch I'm getting the bus 🤡💁

mansize wrote:
    I'm such a basic bitch I'm getting the bus 🀡ðŸ’

Not wanted

I shall also be getting the bus. No fancy chauffeurs or taxis here :pac:

mansize wrote: »
    I'm such a basic bitch I'm getting the bus 🤡💁

Guess who we passed at the bus stop! Gurl!

She was very entertaining and enjoyable

Her tv shows bit was a bit too dragged out 8/10

Most embarrassing thing ever. Great gig and all, in the que afterwards at the George for Bingo.

Wait a heinous amount to get in, and when we're at the top of the line 4 people skip us to walk in.

"Who the **** is skipping me?" I yell.

Turns out to be Roy.

Mortified beyond belief.

Ash885 wrote: »
    Most embarrassing thing ever. Great gig and all, in the que afterwards at the George for Bingo.

Wait a heinous amount to get in, and when we're at the top of the line 4 people skip us to walk in.

"Who the **** is skipping me?" I yell.

Turns out to be Roy.

Mortified beyond belief.

Oh no she didn't!

Was lovely to see how excited he was watching the show!

mansize wrote:
    Guess who we passed at the bus stop! Gurl!

Roxxee Andrews?

• Advertisement

Roxxee Andrews?

Clap for this h**ker.

Roxxee Andrews?

:pac::pac::pac:

Was lovely to see how excited he was watching the show!

Did you see poor Victoria falling into the table?

Did you see poor Victoria falling into the table?

STB kicked her over! I pissed myself!

The Irish version of a death drop. Insane! xD

• Advertisement

I thought Bianca was brilliant last night. So funny and definitely not for those that are easily offended. She mentioned coming back so I'll be looking forward to that. 

When are we getting our season 9 supertrailer though?

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I thought Bianca was brilliant last night. So funny and definitely not for those that are easily offended. She mentioned coming back so I'll be looking forward to that. 

When are we getting our season 9 supertrailer though?

31 Aug Drag Queens of Comedy at the Olympia- just got a single tickets- pais don't seem to be available

Saw Bianca in Belfast on Monday night. Was a lot of fun, some parts did seem to drag (pun fully intended) a little too long without a joke, but overall it was a good laugh. Was a bit sad to see so many empty seats and most of them in much better sections than we ended up in.

One of the Waterfront's staff members was positioned close beside me most of the night and I could see her for most of the show.. She constantly looked at the crowd with a real scowl on her face throughout and didn't laugh once at a joke. The baby shower / coat-hanger joke was the one that *really* didn't go down well with her. Not sure what her problem was but I thought it was unprofessional of her to be looking at audience members and giving them stank face just because they were in hysterics and she wasn't. But anyway, Bianca said she'd be back, so if she is, we would definitely go see her again and perhaps this time arrange accommodation to stay in Belfast so we could drink as well and go out afterwards. Another observation were the amount of people who kept getting up to go to the toilet or get more drink during the show. I'm glad we were at the end of our row against the wall so no-one was pushing past us to get out. Also glad to find that the show was 99% content I had not heard Bianca do before. Any videos I had seen on YouTube of her doing her show featured plenty of recycled jokes you'd heard from other comedians or lines from Drag Race. Overall I'd give the show an 8/10.

I wish WISH to see more footage of that performance of STB from that night in the George!!!

I'm not rly gagging over the S9 qweens at all. When the MTQ for S8 came out I was bananas about them all (except Naysha). This year I'm not too pushed. I like Eureka and I like Nina, James and Charlie and Sasha.rhats it. Hope Nina wins. I'd like to see Eureka win but she's prolly an earlynout

• Advertisement

You like 4 or 5, that's more than I like ever during a season (start or end haha)

I'm curious to see twists/turns to make the series fresh. As great as GaGa is on episode 1, they need to keep it creative.

Loving Nina and Charlie! And of course Peppermint.

https://youtu.be/3H2k5ufPkLA

First 20 minutes of the first episode filmed at the premier last night.

Thanks Reiketsu

I'm officially into it now!

Anyone catch the premiere of Season 9 yet? Netflix are showing it just a few hours after it airs in the States which is fantastic news.
    Really enjoyed this episode even though is felt very rushed. We had almost no workroom interaction between the queens. Loved Lady Gaga as a judge. She really seemed so interested in the girls and wanted them to do well. It's a brilliant idea having a non elimination episode so we really get to know the queens before they send someone home. Gagged at the twist at the ending even though I had heard that a certain queen was returning to the game. As for the main challenge itself Valentina slayed me. Her hometown look was stunning. Probably my favourite runway ever. Disappointed in Jaymes. She just seems like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Aja is busted up close. Her makeup is terrible. I'm also not really liking Charlie. She just doesn't scream 'drag queen' to me. More of a celebrity impersonator who happens to do female characters. Maybe time will tell. One thing is sure the majority of the queens this year are so polished already. I think it's going to down to the acting and singing challenges to make or break them. Kimora's attitude is a bit grating. Hope that's just settling in shade (like Valentina) and not indicative of her personality for the whole season. Here's hoping to a great season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭Banbha32

I sure did!!! First thing when i woke up :)

Im liking Nina Bo'Nina Brown. I loved her intro look totally different and fun as well as her runways you couldnt predict it! Also warming to Eureka and i like the look of Valentina and Farrah Moan as for some queens... in the words of alaska .... you're make up is terrible!!

I watched the episode this morning. So handy that Netflix are uploading it now! I also watched Untucked a little whole ago. 
    I liked the first episode and not eliminating anyone right away to allow the girls to get settled in a little bit. However we didn't get to see a lot of their personality. I enjoyed the challenge. My personal top three there would have been Nina, Sasha and Trinity, my favourite three queens so far but that could change as the season progresses. 
    I don't get the love for Valentina, I find her extremely grating and also a little pretentious. Farrah will either be endearing or annoying after a while. I like Aja as a person but her make up needs improvement - I do think she has the ability to grow though, so we will see. Eureka gives some funny moments but on Untucked I thought she was horrible to Jaymes who was obviously down on herself. 
    Lady Gaga was such a great guest judge. I love how she came backstage and gave all the girls a little note!

Have seen Untucked now so have to ageee with you about Eureka. A little bitchy I think. I mean I know that the producers were there egging them on with questions like "Who would be in the bottom 2 girls?" but to not even learn Jaymes' name and just refer to her as Milwaukee was really rude and unpleasant. Gaga was fantastic in Untucked. I've never seen a guest judge get so personally involved and you can tell how much it means to the girls having her there. I really wish Farrah had done the tearaway reveal! Also just a small reply to your Valentina comment. I wouldn't have said there was love for her especially but I loved her first runway. If anyone else had worn that outfit I'd have loved it on them too. But all 3 of her outfits were on point so props to her for that. I have no real opinions on her personality yet. I guess she didn't show me enough of it one way or the other. It's so hard at the moment to pick a top 3 just yet but I definitely think Sasha will be in it along with Nina. It's a toss up for me between Alexis and Shea for the other spot. Both are very polished look wise so I think it will be how they perform in the acting challenges. We've seen potential winners crumble in them before

So Drag Race got a record number of viewers in the States and has also been renewed for Season 10.

I never want this to end

Finally found a working stream last night. It was fantastic.

No need to find a working stream, Netflix have it if you subscribe. If not, plenty of HD uncensored links if you look in the right places :)

• Advertisement

I'm subscribed to Netflix but couldn't find Drag Race. There were lots of streams but very few actually worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Jrop wrote: »
    I'm subscribed to Netflix but couldn't find Drag Race. There were lots of streams but very few actually worked

It's definitely there. I watched it at the weekend. Have another look- do a search for yourself.

When you find it, add it to your list, then when Netflix loads up it should be right there at the top for you every time for easy access.

Speaking of Netflix they have just added Season 8 too. So there's never been a better time to binge watch. I know some people are annoyed at Season1 not being there but I'm ok with it. I feel like if any casual viewers just decided to check out Drag Race on Netflix they would struggle to get past the first episode. It's just so much more polished in later seasons.

It isn't the best season by any means, but it still is a good season and gave us the likes of the brilliant Nina Flowers, batshít crazy Tammie Brown and sweetheart Ongina. It has a weird Vaseline filter on the camera lens too! The proper, widescreen uncensored version of it (that Netflix had briefly) is available online if you look in the right places. I hope that at some point they are able to remove the Destiny's Child/Whitney Houston song that is causing all the copyright issues in some way and then they can properly restore the picture quality like they did for S2 and 3 and release the whole thing again.

Episode 2 is on Netflix now
    So Cynthia is back. Most people who follow the the rumours knew this already but still it's nice to have her back. I hope she gets to show all she can do this time around.

Valentina is slaying me! Look after look after look. Stunning. Also showed she has some good comedy chops in that challenge. Are we looking at the dark horse this season. I hope so.

I didn't like Kimora in the Meet The Queens video and I still don't like her. Such an unlikeable attitude and if her runways are anything to go by basic to boot.

Not surprised to see Jaymes go. I don't if she was just overwhelmed by being there or not but she just didn't connect with me. It was like she just got lost.

Great episode overall and I really loved the cheerleader challenge

This episode wasn't that great and it's a problem with S9 so far. Compressed episode feels, lack of workroom interaction, shady editing... They had problems with S7, but it got better with S8 and felt perfect for AS2, but now for S9 it seems to have gone backwards.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Yeah I agree, the lack of a mini challenge makes it feel like a very short episode. Not sure why they decided to ditch that bit. Also I don't know if it's just me, but Ru seems a bit like she couldn't be arsed this season. I was disappointed with who went home because I felt they did the better lip sync.

I was convinced at a point that it was going to be a double elimination. Honestly, I'm not surprised the queen that went home did. She copied every move the other queen did in the lip sync and completely floundered/shied away since episode 1. I understand this queen is considered to be very funny but their humour didn't translate well to screen and she constantly looked intimidated and out of her depth when performing on a TV competition. Watching them in the final few minutes of Untucked though was genuinely heartbreaking.

Also, what the hell was the point in Lisa Kudrow being there? She was on screen for about 10 seconds and said a handful of words then off she went. Pointless! Why wasn't she a guest judge or get to interact with the queens when they were preparing for the main challenge?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Liked the episode. Thoughts...
    Lack of mini challenge is making it all seem a little rushed and sort of basic. I hope as the herd thins out they have time to include the mini-challenges again.

Agree with pad, Lisa Kudrow was pointless. Literally wtf was she doing there? Especially after Gaga was such a presence last episode.

Have to say Cynthia is a little grating. I want her to lay off the cucu and evolve a little.

Valentina... genuine jaw drop when she walked out in the bridal. She was stunning. She is bombing the rest of the girls out of the water. Funny that the other girls didn't even rate her during Untucked. Jealousy must be messing with their vision because it was obvious she was the top contender.

Kimora... outfit was embarrassing. Attitude needs checking. Hopefully she grows a bit, thought I saw that there maybe a little hope for that but we'll see.

Farrah... yawn another outfit that screams vegas... boring.

Nina Bo'nina Brown really growing on me. Great to see her softer side this time.

Charlie Hides... gurl... send her home. Her reaction after being in the top/bottom was shocking. No one is going on about you being old except for you! Also rude. Nope, done. Send her home.

Sorry for the long post... first time watching it as it is released so... I just have a lot of feelings...

Advertisement