Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

gizmo81 wrote: »
    A cute guy but an awful looking queen lololol:pac:

Agreed,he was not a pretty queen!disappointingly so:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭Banbha32

NikoTopps wrote: »
    That episode was great.It was really so nice to see the queens having so much respect for staff&that really came through for me .

&can i have a slice of Rizzo? oh my oh my :pac::pac:

My two take home messages were the same. What an amazing feel good episode i loved the whole idea so so enjoyable and Rizzo is an absolute flaaaa and a half :)

Casting votes for Miss Congeniality are now open :)

I voted Sasha because she is so lovely but id love Trinity to actually win but im sure it will be Shea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

Trinity and Shea can't win MC, because they'll be Top 3. :P

I wonder if Cynthia could win it twice in a row? Or could perhaps Jaymes take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Valentina.

Obviously

pad_ehh wrote: »
    Trinity and Shea can't win MC, because they'll be Top 3. :P

I wonder if Cynthia could win it twice in a row? Or could perhaps Jaymes take it?

Really!!!! I didnt know that i thought anyone could win it even the winner in theory!? Oh! I just imagined the nicest person deserves it and gets it. Wow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

If we were going for the one that's actually the most congenial, that's difficult. Probably Jaymes or Farrah. But Valentina will take it, it's a consolation prize most seasons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

I voted for Jaymes, glad to see others bring up her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Ariana Grande

Reiketsu wrote: »
    If we were going for the one that's actually the most congenial, that's difficult. Probably Jaymes or Farrah. But Valentina will take it, it's a consolation prize most seasons.

tea but I voted for Farrah (even tho apparently only U.S. voters are counted).

Banbha32 wrote: »
    Really!!!! I didnt know that i thought anyone could win it even the winner in theory!? Oh! I just imagined the nicest person deserves it and gets it. Wow. :)

I don't think the winner can even get it in theory tho. I was reading somewhere that during season 4, Sharon had gotten the most votes for MC. but obvi she won so she didn't get MC. It went to the second place queen (Latrice). So even tho people could vote for Sharon, their votes were discarded.

EDIT: oop sorry sis I read your post wrong asdghjjk; disregard everything I said

• Advertisement

As Cece Peniston once said FINALLY!

A trusted source from Reddit has said that AS3 is "brewing" and we might see it quite soon. Quite a few queens who are favourites for the show have clear schedules in August and September, the same filming dates as AS2 last year. So, could we be getting AS3 already? I think its a bit soon but if Ru isn't interested in doing the show for much longer or being in drag so much then it seems like the right idea. Who do you think should be on it?

Personally, I'm still hoping they do a season or even a mini season of all the first eliminated queens and give them all a second chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

pad_ehh wrote: »
    A trusted source from Reddit has said that AS3 is "brewing" and we might see it quite soon. Quite a few queens who are favourites for the show have clear schedules in August and September, the same filming dates as AS2 last year. So, could we be getting AS3 already? I think its a bit soon but if Ru isn't interested in doing the show for much longer or being in drag so much then it seems like the right idea. Who do you think should be on it?

Personally, I'm still hoping they do a season or even a mini season of all the first eliminated queens and give them all a second chance.

AS3 is definitely happening. Sure Michelle asked Valentina in what you packing, if she would on AS3. I don't think it is too soon. AS2 was basically season 5 rehashed.

Although I would prefer a remake of S2 with all the drama between Morgan, Tyra, Tati and Raven

So 2moro is the final elimination challenge leaving us with the top 3 and the Final is being recorded live 2moro according to Wiki.

My Top three predictions: Trinity, Sasha, Shea.

I think my winner would be Shea, but I'd say Ru Paul will go Sasha.

Trinity was a favourite at the start but she's not really progressed.

Whatcha all think?

I would be shocked for Sasha to win at this stage I think it is very clear that she will be third place. Ru hasn't praised her enough throughout the competition or given her enough wins for her to be a contender I don't think. Shea is the clear winner in terms of performance with 2 solo wins, 2 shared wins, a good few top 3 in the challenges and only lip syncing once. Trinity has 3 solo wins and a few low and 1 lip sync so they're pretty evenly matched it might end up coming down to the fan vote between those two (I feel Sasha would win a fan vote but then again so did Pearl/Adore/Kim Chi but again their performances didn't warrant the crown)

Shea will win.

The edit is so obvious. Win after win even when I'd argue she wasn't the strongest. I don't think she should have won last weeks challenge. To me that was Sasha.

Also the only time she lip synced it wasn't really because she did anything wrong. Her partner didn't look as polished as her and that was the only thing they could say. Also they were totally setting up that Nina vs Shea lip sync for several weeks.

Realistically I can't see anyone other than Shea winning and I'd be fine with that. Although secretly I would love Trinity to take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I agree that Shea will probably win. I prefer her to Trinity, but my fave would be Sasha. Sasha came close to winning some of the last few challenges but always lost out and came second, doesn't look like Ru is that keen on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Delighted Alexis went.

Such a sub-par queen and with a bad attitude to boot! (pun intended)

It all seems to be ending so fast. Maybe I'm just that old that everything is a blur to me now.

Shea for the win. The right attitude, the right style (for the most part) and the most interesting.

I'd also be happy to see Trinity win. Be nice for a classic queen to win for once.

I wouldn't be unhappy for Sasha to win but I don't really get the love that many have for her. Her performances have been timid at best, her style also seems limited.

Major spoilers from the finale taping, You've been warned!
    At the finale filming last night they had further lip syncs to determine would who would win. Peppermint vs Trinity and Sasha vs Shea. Our top two is Peppermint and Sasha. GAGGED. I love this twist. It's how most reality shows work as well and shakes up the format. I'm delighted to go in to the end and not have an obvious winner. The challenge wins are subjective. There's always debate about who was robbed of a win etc so having the most challenge wins doesn't necessarily make you the best. They all worked their way to the top four and they all got a final chance to prove themselves. Miss Congeniality is being filmed today at the reunion.

• Advertisement

Is there an episode 2moro? Like a review of the season?

There's a reunion episode on tonight with all the queens. Miss Congeniality is being crowned. Finale next week :)

Lovely thank you :)

There's a reunion episode on tonight with all the queens. Miss Congeniality is being crowned. Finale next week :)

No reunion up on Netflix :(

No reunion up on Netflix :(

They're uploading the last two episodes one week after they air and not the next day :(

My housemate got it online. It was good.
    They're uploading the last two episodes one week after they air and not the next day :(

• Advertisement

It's available online if you know where to look, or you could just click this link and watch it online. ;):p

Caution - There is so much salt and shade in this years reunion you may just watch it again straight after to make sure you really saw/heard what you did. Where was all this drama during the season? I hate RuPaul's Best Friend Race! Oh, and the queen that gets MC. Gurl please. No, sorry, next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Ugh. The shade of it all.

So much shade in this reunion and I'm loving it.

I agree with the Miss Congeniality. I don't think there was ever a chance she wouldn't win it. They can call it whatever they want but the fact is she won.

So much bitterness from the the other queens and online about Valentina or more specifically Valentina's fans being mean. I can't believe a bunch of 30 year old men are crying over a mean 14 year olds in the comments section. You are meant to be drag queens! Where is the 'f them, take no sh*t, fierce bitch queen' attitude?

People can think Valentina is fake if they like I'm sure she doesn't care but the fact is no one from this season came out a bigger star than Valentina. No one

So much shade in this reunion and I'm loving it.

I agree with the Miss Congeniality. I don't think there was ever a chance she wouldn't win it. They can call it whatever they want but the fact is she won.

So much bitterness from the the other queens and online about Valentina or more specifically Valentina's fans being mean. I can't believe a bunch of 30 year old men are crying over a mean 14 year olds in the comments section. You are meant to be drag queens! Where is the 'f them, take no sh*t, fierce bitch queen' attitude?

People can think Valentina is fake if they like I'm sure she doesn't care but the fact is no one from this season came out a bigger star than Valentina. No one

It's not just mean 14 year olds in a comments section. It's racist, transphobic and hateful people of all ages up to and including men in their 30s. They can brush off comments saying "I hate your drag #ValentinaQueen" but when they're getting comments where Nina is being called a Monkey, Shea is being called the n word and Peppermint is told "You were born a man and you'll die a man, **** you." It's too far and Valentina needs to be addressing these comments as whether she likes it or not it is being done in her name and goes beyond not liking someone's drag; it's simply hate speech simply because their 'queen' was called out for being two faced or that she was rightfully eliminated.

How Villaintina must be feeling after THAT reunion:

sncxoe3.gif?w=739

• Advertisement

It's not just mean 14 year olds in a comments section. It's racist, transphobic and hateful people of all ages up to and including men in their 30s. They can brush off comments saying "I hate your drag #ValentinaQueen" but when they're getting comments where Nina is being called a Monkey, Shea is being called the n word and Peppermint is told "You were born a man and you'll die a man, **** you." It's too far and Valentina needs to be addressing these comments as whether she likes it or not it is being done in her name and goes beyond not liking someone's drag; it's simply hate speech simply because their 'queen' was called out for being two faced or that she was rightfully eliminated.

Seeing Nina's insta is so sad. The worst part is she actually reads every comment and blocks them all individually. :( Poor legend needs to just disable comments (She's made her insta private I think?).

How can those disgusting racists and transphobes call themselves fans of the show I do not know :mad:

Seeing Nina's insta is so sad. The worst part is she actually reads every comment and blocks them all individually. :( Poor legend needs to just disable comments (She's made her insta private I think?).

How can those disgusting racists and transphobes call themselves fans of the show I do not know :mad:

I know and anyone who says it's not Val's responsibility is just making excuses at this point. If you saw someone getting bullied in school or harassed on the street and did nothing then you're not helping. Now imagine they were doing it because they thought you wanted them to do it and not only are you not helping but you're not setting the record straight and passively condoning it.

That's how I see it anyway; Katya addressed her fans when they came for Kennedy (in her weekly recap show the week she was eliminated if I remember correctly) so why did it take so long for Val to only make a video when she was called out at the reunion? I agree with the girls, rename the award to fan favourite because she doesn't seem very congenial.

I'm not on Instagram or the likes, but that is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TazCon

that reunion show was shady AF!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

A lot of them spammed Detox's twitter and Instagram saying how glad they were her Dad was dead on Father's Day. Even if you look at their replies (I was feeling extra bored/sad for the human race that day), the little tweeny bobbers literally see no wrong in what they are doing. And this rose business of sending all the Queens roses emojis is just plain bizarre.

I think what eurks many of the contestants is that Val was kicked off the show for, let's be honest a very rookie and shameful reason - goosing up the challenge and not knowing the words to a list of songs given months before the show is recorded.

But how she's managed to turn it into some sort of validation (when you compare the abuse Charlie got for the same reasons), is just perplexing. You cannot play the victim card for that, and watching as people call Nina an ape and to kill herself online is not on when you've said time and time again you'd be there to protect her.

I'm looking forward to her coming to Dublin in the summer so I can see what all the fuss is about to be honest, any of the videos I've seen of her is her standing still for 5 minutes collecting 20 dollar bills...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

They were really gunning for Valentina! In fairness she didn't come across well at all.

It bothers me how a lot of fans seem to be saying "Oh they're only bitter" or "Stop ganging up on her." If she was a legitimate c?nt to many of the girls and they have valid reasons to call her out that's Val's fault. It's not like Jaymes or Cynthia were joining in for the craic. Also, people can be critical without being "bitter." As if the only reason they said anything was jealousy and not valid points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

That was an ugly and bitter reunion. It did not show one queen in a good light, except perhaps for Farrah. It reminded me of the acrimonious reunions from the first two or three seasons. There was no effort to showcase each queen as has been the tradition. There was no effort from Ru to curate the conversation or provide any balance.

I get that people have a problem with Valentina and she clearly has issues to address but what happened on that show was vulgar and hateful. She was being absolutely ganged up on, harassed and trashed. The nerve of Aja to talk down the congeniality of anyone. She openly and repeatedly bullied Valentina on the show. They all stood around and watched it, they mocked her, they laughed at it. None of them stood up for her as far as I remember. In addition Valentina’s faith was openly derided and used a joke to poke fun at her. So there were no saintly characters.

I just didn’t like it at all. I don’t mind and quite enjoy the shade but not a total eclipse of the sun. The only two I felt came out of it relatively unscathed, aside from Farrah, were Trinity Taylor and Eureka and only because they were kind of always openly bitchy, at least they were consistent.

So is the final being shown on Netflix tomorrow?

So is the final being shown on Netflix tomorrow?

No it's going to be late again :(. I'll just be watching it live on the VH1 player.

• Advertisement

Ah jaysus what are Netflix playing at.

Thankfully I have a techie housemate who can get it for me in the morning :D

No it's going to be late again :(. I'll just be watching it live on the VH1 player.

Ah for god sake I'll never stay spoiler free all week!

Well that was different.

Surprisingly Netflix has the finale already up. Thought it was going to be late so I'm glad I don't have to resort to less than legal options to watch it

Surprisingly Netflix has the finale already up. Thought it was going to be late so I'm glad I don't have to resort to less than legal options to watch it

That's the reunion that's up?

That's the reunion that's up?
    Both the reunion and the finale are up

Based on the new format Sasha deserved to win. I'm delighted for her. Everyone had the same amount of time to prepare. Thoroughly enjoyed the finale. She's getting some hate though but that is misdirected. She's just doing what was asked of her and lip syncing. She put on a performance and if there was ever a time to pull out all the stops, the finale was it!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

Based on the new format Sasha deserved to win. I'm delighted for her. Everyone had the same amount of time to prepare. Thoroughly enjoyed the finale. She's getting some hate though but that is misdirected. She's just doing what was asked of her and lip syncing. She put on a performance and if there was ever a time to pull out all the stops, the finale was it!

Was routing for her to win all along, so I was delighted. It was also well deserved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Watched the reunion this morning...oh the shade of it all. lots of queens didn't get a look in but it was obvious what topics and people would feature heavily.
    They really dont like Valentina do they? I thought it was a bit of a low blow to get so many digs in when she won Miss Congeniality, they had already had it out with her earlier so a bit poor form to hijack her moment. Though I do agree that it shouldn't be called Miss Congeniality as it really is the fan favourite award. So either rename it or change it so the queens vote for their Miss Congeniality.

I loved Trinity and Farrah and laughed several times at their input. Will watch the finale later

• Advertisement

Just seen this the other day and thought I'd share it.

I remember one episode thinking her eyebrows were odd but beyond that didn't think of it.

I want to rewatch now with this in mind.

https://mic.com/articles/175484/look-weve-stayed-silent-long-enough-we-need-to-talk-about-rupauls-makeup-on-drag-race#.kUk4jEHa8

Anyone else notice or heard anymore about this?

Advertisement