Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

I hope it's not health related on Mathieu's part as some of the 'rumours' are quite out there. I'd take everything said on the matter with a pinch of salt as usually Ru would have no problem cussing someone out who was rude to her.

Anyone seeing the T between Tyra and Raja though? I lost weight over how much gasping I did reading between the messages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

Willam and Delta Work are being catty at the moment also over the whole Mathu/Raven/Delta/Emmy nomination thing. From what I've heard, Mathu is in hospital and is quite unwell, and that is according to Willam who claims to be the only person who visits him despite the fact that the majority of the RPDR queens and Ru herself know about his condition. That coupled with him being snubbed by WoW when they put forward an episode of the show for an Emmy was enough to push Willam to speak out. Love her or loathe her you have to admire her for having a spine and you would love to have someone like her in your corner if you were ever involved in something.

It's going to be interesting to see how this all turns out. Oh, and for anyone on here who didn't know, we have All Stars 3 and Season 10 next year, so double Drag Race and the rumoured/practically confirmed list of queens for AS3 is out there if you know where to look. Bring on 2018!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

pad_ehh wrote: »
    Willam and Delta Work are being catty at the moment also over the whole Mathu/Raven/Delta/Emmy nomination thing. From what I've heard, Mathu is in hospital and is quite unwell, and that is according to Willam who claims to be the only person who visits him despite the fact that the majority of the RPDR queens and Ru herself know about his condition. That coupled with him being snubbed by WoW when they put forward an episode of the show for an Emmy was enough to push Willam to speak out. Love her or loathe her you have to admire her for having a spine and you would love to have someone like her in your corner if you were ever involved in something.

It's going to be interesting to see how this all turns out. Oh, and for anyone on here who didn't know, we have All Stars 3 and Season 10 next year, so double Drag Race and the rumoured/practically confirmed list of queens for AS3 is out there if you know where to look. Bring on 2018!

Ah no I hope he's ok, he is fantastic at what he does.

Love William, a ballsy queen and not a sycophant.

Oh any chance of a link for AS3? I'm useless at finding this info. Thanks

The rumoured/basically confirmed queens for AS3 are...
    Chi Chi DeVayne (S8), Morgan McMichaels (S2), Thorgy Thor (S8), Milk (S6), Bebe Zahara Benet (S1), Kennedy Davenport (S7), Shangela (S2 & 3), Ben De La Creme (S6), Trixie Mattel (S7) and Aja (S9).

This has been worked out by users on Reddit who monitor queen bookings, availability, cancellations, social media blackouts etc. and also from a user who has posted accurate T about the show for the past few years who is believed to be a production crew-member giving out details anonymously.
    Also, the style of the show remains mostly unchanged from All Stars 2. But this time it is the queens who pick who will be the bottom 2 for the week and then the top 2 lip sync again for their legacy and then the winner gets to eliminate one of the bottom two. The first episode is again a talent show like All Stars 2 but is this time performed in front of a live audience in a theatre and not on the main stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Oh thanks a million. Love all bar the last one.

Like the sound of the first episode too. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Chi Chi DeVayne (S8), Morgan McMichaels (S2), Thorgy Thor (S8), Milk (S6), Bebe Zahara Benet (S1), Kennedy Davenport (S7), Shangela (S2 & 3), Ben De La Creme (S6), Trixie Mattel (S7) and Aja (S9).

i HATE
    Thorgy Thor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I really don't see why they'd let Bebe Zahara Brent come on AS3? It seems silly to let former winners come back to compete against runner-ups, etc. I would love a season of Battle of the Queens which I've seen suggested on Reddit a bit, where all the winning queens would compete against each other.

I'm very excited for Trixie to be on the show again! :D

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I really don't see why they'd let Bebe Zahara Brent come on AS3?

I didn't even cop this. I think that's a poor decision but I guess it is for exposure. Her win didn't receive much attention at the time because the show wasn't as big as it is now. That said, I am agin as she won. They could just use her in future episodes like we've seen wi Shangela, Raven, Jujubee, Latrice etc rather than being a contestant again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭Banbha32

Ok its wrecking my head, who are we thinking about the secret 10th queen???

I've seen that its Darienne Lake, I've seen its Stacy Lane Matthews and i dont buy it (even though I do like them both). Valentina was also mentioned and more believable but somehow I feel it has to be someone different enough to be a secret.

Adore because she walked out? Willam because she got the boot? Maybe even an All Star 1 individual because I dont feel they got a fair shot being eliminated far too quickly as a duo (I would love Latrice!) .... or even someone that has never been a contestant I dont know... Lady Bunny or a guest judge or a Pit Crew guy or something crazy???

I just feel it cant just be a generic queen?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

It's supposed to be Bebe. Dariene Lake was ruled out as she had a gig during filming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Reiketsu wrote: »
    It's supposed to be Bebe. Dariene Lake was ruled out as she had a gig during filming.

I was thinking this too but in the RuVeal, Ru was talking about how he crowened 11 queens in the past and how some others wanted another shot at the crown. This to me would suggest that it isn't a past winner! It'll be interesting to see when we'll find out! Hopefully we won't have to wait until January :P

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Surely they couldn't put a previous winner in? I always thought all stars was a chance for the stand out queens who didn't get the top spot to have another shot at a crown.

Realistically though Bebe won at a time when no one really noticed Drag Race - so her win isn't as substantial as let's say, Sharon or Jinx. I'm interested if it is her because drag and the contest have changed soooo much since Season 1.

People who were in the audience for the talent show episode recording (as it was done in a theatre and not on the main stage) have said that the 10th queen is indeed Bebe. Someone did mention Darienne originally but other people who were there were quick to shoot that rumour down as lies including the person who has been known to have leaked accurate info for the past few seasons.

That's the reason why the reveal of the 10th queen is being held back. People will GAG at seeing Bebe back and it's something new that they haven't tried before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

So, AS3 starts this week... Comedy Central playing it on Saturdays at 10...

I'm excited to see a Fantasy League incorporated... makes the NFL football off-season a little easier, at least I'll have SOME fantasy sport to play!! :pac::pac::pac:

https://vh1dragracefantasyleague.com/#/

Who's everyone's fave? My top 3 are BenDeLa, Milk and Trixie.

(i'm not using spolier tags becasue it's not started yet and we all know who the first 9 queens are!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BellaMama

Hello everyone! New to boards, was looking for a thread on this and glad I have found it! Long time RPDR fan, have watched since Season 1.

I think its hard to beat the all stars casts of the last 2 all stars seasons as they some of the best queens, but i am so thrilled to see Milk and BenDeLa there, i think they should have both had spots on last years all stars.

So my top three are BenDeLa, Milk and i like Shangela/Thorgy, think Trixie is a little overrated but looking forward to seeing what she can do.

I hope the 10th queen is not
    Darianne Lake
    she was horrific! In looks and personality. I would love it be
    Willam or Adore
    but dont think they would do it?

Look forward to commenting on the show! ;)

I have downloaded the first episode but not watched it yet. If you have Reddit the links to the uncensored 1080p version are easily available for those that don't want to wait for it to be on Comedy Central with ads a few days after the US broadcast.

If anyone has sky, the first episode is available to watch on their list of programmes just aired. I watched it tonight, I though as an opener it was a little bit lacklustre, i think it is definitely missing power houses like Alyssa Edwards, Alaska, Tatianna of last year, but maybe we will get to see them really come out of their shell as the show goes on, i thought the talent show was very weak was hard to pick a winner but I am glad
    BenDelLa
    did win. The bottom two could have been either of them to go, but I think
    Morgan
    staying might have provided a bit more drama, although I do think
    Chi Chi
    had potential and had a bad night. As openers go, I hope it will get a bit more exciting from here!

Well, last nights episode has to be the most blatant riggamorris in the shows history.
    Bottom was wrong, safe was wrong, Thorgy going home was wrong. The part they gave her was such bull**** - poorly written, Todrick even said he wasn't giving her much choreo and she wasn't included in the backing parts until she took the initiative and called it out. She's not stupid, certain parts are worse than others and wedged between Shangela's Mariah and Dela's Julie Andrews it was even more obvious. Thorgy performed Stevie to a T but what she could do was extremely limited. It's Katya's Diana all over again. Can't wait for Shangela with two Ls because she hates that to come back to that lipstick message. I'm just proud she didn't set the place on fire as she left.

Milk crying because she wasn't top was hilarious though. Marc Jacobs be paying good money to keep her in every week. Chi Chi did well, got a good critique and still landed in the bottom three. How does that work? I'm buying more into the theory about Bebe as she's coasting. The things Thorgy got critiqued for she got praised for.

Shangela and Dela were the correct top two but I feel Dela threw the lip sync as she doesn't want blood on her hands from eliminating people.

All in all I guess it was good tv but Thorgy deserved better. I'm glad people can see the blatant ****ery and don't see her notions of Bob being favoured last season to be completely out of nowhere - they weren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Really enjoying the show.
    Chi Chi was dire in the first episode. Felt like she didn't expect the level to be as high as it was. But she is so cute and redeemed herself in the second episode.

Liking Aja, which is something I never thought I'd say. Like Ben, wish she would push the boat out a little further.

@h?

• Advertisement

I don't think Milk believes a word coming out of his mouth to be honest. I think it's hilarious.

I always like Aja and knew she had more to show. I'm glad she's doing it, a definite redemption for her.

They are setting Dela for the win.

Really loving Dela this season, I honestly thought she did better in the lipsync than Shangela, she was hilarious. Her Julie Andrews was AWESOME.

I feel bad for Thorgy, she did a brilliant Stevie Nicks, like most folks are saying, but Stevie Nicks is hard to make funny, and the writers didn't even try really. Shangela got on my tits for her lipsync but I loved her runway.

I'm so shocked and Milk turning into such a crybaby, I love her on Instagram etc, the crying cmae out of left field. Plus her Celine Dion was pretty crap really.

Right now Dela does seem the frontrunner, although Aja is growing on me this year, and I hated her on her season.

Link to the first 10 minutes of Thursday episode

http://www.vh1.com/video-clips/23yxup/rupauls-drag-race-all-stars-first-look-season-3-episode-3-the-b-tchelor
    Shangela being an understanding fish about Thorgy being mad is what I'd expect from her. I'm glad she's the big enough person to see it. Kennedy though needs to calm the hell down, it had zero to do with her anyway. No need to take the drawing as hard as the real thing. Megalols at Bebes confessional talking about it though.

Milk spilling all the tea about the editing and sticking up for Thorgy. He's going for a villain edit this season but will still call crap when he sees it. Kennedy has a hard time accepting differing opinions and just heard Milk saying "I don't like your drag" which wasn't the point at all.

Agreed on the Rigger Morris! I've despised Thorgy from the first episode she was in but she was not the worst. The whole bottom two was wrong. I don't think Kennedy has a big enough personality to be the winner or anything, but her runway was excellent - chicken to an egg! And barely any attention put on it. Also, her Janet was great.

I liked Kennedy's concept but not the execution. Her Janet was awful. She didn't know the words and was rightfully in the bottom.

Only just saw episode 2 and agree with the comments. Thorgy so did not deserve to go :( she had so much more potential and I really wanted to see her in an acting challenge. Kennedys runway was fab but she was sh!te last week and her Janet was so so bad, esp as dancing is her thing. Chi Chi as much as I actually liked her in season 8 should have been bottom 2 instead of Thorgy.

Still a little underwhelmed by this season, Dela is walking it which I should be happy about as she is my fave Queen but all seems quite predictable!

Milk who was another of my favourites, what is up with him? Its like he had a personality transplant!

And omg am I the only one who thinks BeBe is so beyond overrated??!! She is so so so dull!!

I will say this - last weeks episode was just packed with memes and I laughed for 5 days solid looking at Reddit. Thorgy wasnt joking when she said wait for the memes.

Milk cracks me up. He's playing the villain. Only time he has been real so far is when crying. I met him in London last week and he was lovely. One of the nicest I've met. It's interesting how TV can make people come across compared to in person.

I've never been pushed on Bebe. She's sort of just there. Same with Trixie so far but I would expect her to do well tonight. Dela is running away with it so far.

Okay...
    Chi Chi, much as I love her, she just doesn't seem up to it. She definitely has moments and she is very funny in general but I don't think she is mentally in the right place.

Kennedy... well done. That was amazing start to finish.

Milk... bye girl, girl bye.

Ben was brilliant in the challenge, but I think she kind of just pull back again during the lips sync.

Really glad to see Kennedy winning a challenge. I really underrated her in her season, I thought she was a bit boring. But she is funny and her dancing is fantastic. Also who she gave the axe... ;)

I don't have a favourite to win, but I feel it is being set up for Ben.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

To be fair to Ben she has upped her game massively since her season. She was great in the challenge but the stand out for me was Trixie, unfortunately she got overshadowed by Milk, she should have been top 2 imho. Aja killed me on the runway, she's also really improved. The right person went home anyway. Snatch Game is next episode.

I feel for Trixie, she was awesome her character was perfect and she just got steamrolled. Her runway was immense.

I think Ben has to be so careful now. She's established herself as a massive threat to win, so if she's ever in the bottom 2 whoever gets to pick would be mad not to get rid of her simply because it gets rid of the biggest competition.

I'm really enjoying Shangella but I think both her and Chi Chi should have been bottom 2 because they got their characters SO WRONG. That wasn't polyamory, at all.

I really didn't see Trixie anyway for the win - I don't get how they can give out for Chi Chi being overlooked and then for Milk to be over-bearing. Although Milk was cringe as *****, some of what she done did make me chuckle.

So far Ben and Kennedy are my picks - Ben for being like the best queen ever, and Kennedy because even listening to her puts me in a soft, squidgey place.

I was shocked Trixie wasnt top 2 or maybe they should have had a top 3, she was fab in the challenge, imo the best of everyone her fake girl was fantastic, cougar was easy for Ben, and Kennedy, hmmmm I dunno I just didnt really get Party girl, it was like she was being overpraised but her runway was fab.

Why wasnt Bebe in the bottom 3? Her character was boring, her runway was boring, its like season 1 all over again, when she was always always overhyoed, and Nina was robbed of the crown. She should have been in bottom 3 over Aja (her runway was better).

I always loved Milk but based on her runway/performance of the bottom three it was a toss up between her and Chi Chi an I do think Chi Chi edged the runway.

I would like to see more from Trixie to give Ben a challenge, looking forward to snatch game.

BellaMama wrote: »

I would like to see more from Trixie to give Ben a challenge, looking forward to snatch game.

Well how did that go eh? :p

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Well how did that go eh? :p

Oh my god!! poor Trixie :( It was so so so bad! :eek:

I really really hope she comes back strong from it, and it doesnt knock her confidence completely because she is a fab queen.

Overall I thought Snatch game was very disappointing, they were all dreadful. I would have had a bottom 4 of Chi Chi, Kennedy, Trixie and also included BeBe, again she was just being BeBe as per.

Aja was actually okay, and Sheangeela and Ben were the best, but in comparison to snatch performances of the past (Ben as Maggie Smyth, Bob as Crazy Eyes, Tatiana as Britney, bianca as Judge Judy, Chad as Cher etc) they were all pretty unmemorable.

Much preferred the Bitchalor last week, this was quite poor for me :(

• Advertisement

BellaMama wrote: »

Much preferred the Bitchalor last week, this was quite poor for me :(

Absolutely agreed - it was pish. I was on the reddit forum and said how I thought that maaaaybe it was because ahm not from the US that I didn't 'get' the characters, but people were like "no it was just shīt lol."

Ahm a Shangela fan but I thought this character was the same as her pimp character. Same style jokes, just a different look.

27580783_2098818997014072_2380385087213535232_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

I went into Reddit about 6 months ago and suggested that maybe it was time to axe the Snatch Game because more often than not it disappoints. Downvoted into Oblivion but I stand over that remark. If they come up with a couple of new ideas (like the Bitchelor was) the show would benefit

Interesting twist at the end of the last episode.....any speculation?

I've read some rumours about who is next to go, really hoping it's not true.

Some things I've heard from various sources, whether they are true or not, who knows, but I'll spoiler them anyway, so read if you dare...!

Seriously.... SPOILERS!
    Bebe is a mole, to fit in with the theme of RPDR parodying the Handmaidens Tale. The final episode is called "A Jury Of Her Queers" so it seems to suggest the eliminated queens and Bebe will help Ru pick the winner of AS3 and not Ru herself.

Ben wins AGAIN next week (5 challenges in a row!) and gets to eliminate ANY queen and bring back ANY queen, he brings back Morgan McMichaels and eliminates..... HIMSELF - presumably due to the pressures of the competition playing with his nice queen image and not wanting to be seen as a villain or bad in the eyes of other queens / the fans for eliminating their favs etc.

Trixie does really well from this point on which puts her in real contention for the win now that Ben is no longer competing.

• Advertisement

PFMC84 wrote: »

Seriously.... SPOILERS!
    Bebe is a mole, to fit in with the theme of RPDR parodying the Handmaidens Tale. The final episode is called "A Jury Of Her Queers" so it seems to suggest the eliminated queens and Bebe will help Ru pick the winner of AS3 and not Ru herself.

Ben wins AGAIN next week (5 challenges in a row!) and gets to eliminate ANY queen and bring back ANY queen, he brings back Morgan McMichaels and eliminates..... HIMSELF - presumably due to the pressures of the competition playing with his nice queen image and not wanting to be seen as a villain or bad in the eyes of other queens / the fans for eliminating their favs etc.

Trixie does really well from this point on which puts her in real contention for the win now that Ben is no longer competing.

In keeping with the SPOILER theme (happy to delete if people don't want to be tempted btw)
    So ChiChi received a horrible threat of an acid attack for.... eliminating Ben. The screenshot of the conversation is still on Chichi's insta. Ben also spoke about it on her facebook (I think it was facebook, canny mind), saying that no matter how much people love her that is disgraceful behaviour.

Heavy looking forward to the next episode and hopefully the ruveal of what is gonny happen wi the eliminated queens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Should this thread not be moved to the television forum now? Since it is on Netflix etc is has a much broader appeal

Hunchback wrote: »
    Should this thread not be moved to the television forum now? Since it is on Netflix etc is has a much broader appeal

I hope not; I come on boards just to check this thread these days. I like that Drag Race has reached a broader appeal.

But it's always been targetted towards the LGBT community and just because the straight world think 'it's gas altogether' now in it's Season 10/VH1 glory - shouldn't mean it should be moved....I like hearing the opinions of other LGBT.

I agree. This thread has been in place here for many years, I don't see the need to move it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Very hard to stay spoiler free for the new episodes! I'll have to unfollow all the queens on Twitter on Instagram!!

Okay episode, not the most exciting challenge. The spoilers I was expecting didn't happen so happy about that. The right girls were in the bottom two but I would have kept the queen who went and sent the other one home.

Next week is going to be interesting......

Ash885 wrote: »
    I hope not; I come on boards just to check this thread these days. I like that Drag Race has reached a broader appeal.

But it's always been targetted towards the LGBT community and just because the straight world think 'it's gas altogether' now in it's Season 10/VH1 glory - shouldn't mean it should be moved....I like hearing the opinions of other LGBT.

Some of us straight viewers have been fans since season 1 :D

No need to move the thread, it's easily accessible to all here.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Okay episode, not the most exciting challenge. The spoilers I was expecting didn't happen so happy about that. The right girls were in the bottom two but I would have kept the queen who went and sent the other one home.

Next week is going to be interesting......

ACK!

Glad the spoilers from earlier in the thread haven't materialised (yet!).
    Agree right girls in the bottom two but I was content about the result. I have grown very fond, and been very impressed by Aja but I have more gra in my heart for Shangela now (who I also used to dislike).

My problem is with the Top Two, and Bebe specifically. I don't get Bebe in this series at all. Her looks are recycled from Series 1, she shows no growth at all. She has been a version of Diana Ross how many times already this season? I don't think she was the best in that lip-sync, Trixie ought to have won. It makes me suspicious about her role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Are they cutting the episodes heavily on Comedy Central? Episodes seem to be very short. And it’s annoying it’s not in HD

My problem is with the Top Two, and Bebe specifically. I don't get Bebe in this series at all. Her looks are recycled from Series 1, she shows no growth at all. She has been a version of Diana Ross how many times already this season?

I enjoyed Bebe a lot in her season, and I think she was the rightful winner. But this time, she really isn't doing very much that would impress, nor gain her a legion of new fans.

• Advertisement
Advertisement