Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Rick_

Comedy Central aren't cutting the episodes, only the first 3 episodes this season were 1 hour long (plus ads) and the rest are around 40 mins (plus ads) so it's just how the producers have decided the show should be. Comedy Central is in HD on Sky, not sure about other providers, are you sure you are watching the right channel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Looks like Comedy Central has copped that in this day and age, holding back a show like RP for over 48 hours from the US broadcast time isn't going to help them get viewers. So they're showing it at 2.30am straight after the US broadcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭what the hell!

PFMC84 wrote: »
    Comedy Central aren't cutting the episodes, only the first 3 episodes this season were 1 hour long (plus ads) and the rest are around 40 mins (plus ads) so it's just how the producers have decided the show should be. Comedy Central is in HD on Sky, not sure about other providers, are you sure you are watching the right channel?

Ah thanks I was watching 112 but their HD channel is up at 205. Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

eviltwin wrote: »
    Some of us straight viewers have been fans since season 1 :D

No need to move the thread, it's easily accessible to all here.

AAAAH! ONE OF THEM! :pac: I meant no offence!

The thing with Bebe winning is that it kind of debunked her original role everyone thought, as some sort of eyes-and ears. I genuinely think she's in it as a competitor, which is sad...

Also agree with above, Aja has been so good this season! Love the season in general - Queens aren't afraid to play the game, act shadey/immature. Makes me think that Phi Phi wouldn't have been as much a villain now...!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BellaMama

Love RPDR but though the soup can challenge was sooo poor like in fairness very hard to differenciate wearing a soupcan down a run way :confused:

So with the soup can challenge being fairly moot, i thought in terms of Studio 54 wear, Kennedy to me (and I dont like her) looked fab, I am not a seamstress but I really liked Shangela's look at least it was in theme, for me also Aja's look the flared body suit was far more Studio 54, in fact i rem dressing up in something like that for a 70s party and wasnt Studio 54 late 70s/early 80s?, it seemed to me she was completely set up to go and the critique was a little unfair.

Trixie was good and deserved the win. Ben was not up to her usual standard and I thought was a bottom two risk. My definite for bottom two would have been Bebe and she is a winner?!! (honestly this is getting mental now) erm her look was like 2nd rate Kennedys, what the actual f? And how did she beat Trixie in the li[ sync, it was just Bebe being Bebe boring dull and predictible.

Also glad the spoiler hasnt materialised am guessing it will be next week.:(

BTW also a straight female who has watched since Season 1 but happy with it here too! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Well, what are our thoughts on the latest?

Also I see why it was done, but on the queen that was brought back -
    ahm disappointed it wasn't Aja.

Ben rightly fúcked them all over winning 5 out of 6 challenges she was there for (5 out of 7 overall; 8 if you count the last episode but that doesn't have a winner) and then peacing out because at the end of the day nobody is going to remember the AS3 winner as a rightful winner because it was Ben's season to lose.
    I agree that I think Aja should have returned because she had the best chance to do something with it. As soon as Morgan ends up in the bottom she's gone because the girls in the top won't save someone who missed 4 episodes over someone who's been there all along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm glad she left on her own terms rather than be eliminated. She's already won, no matter who gets the crown everyone will always consider her the true winner. I'm rooting for Trixie now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

I can see why BenDeLa left. She seemed to struggle a lot with the responsibility of crushing people's hopes of winning.

But it's a competition. She knew what she signed up for. If she had been safe or if BeBe won the lip synch would she still have left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

I'm sad to see her go, she definitely the most entertaining queen this season but for her career I actually think she made the smart decision. That was a much bigger way to bow out than winning over all

What I'm most disappointed was who was brought back. I didn't watch Morgans season but she didn't impress me on all stars. I also have to say this was one of the best challenges performance wise. There was no real weak link on either team. Even though I didn't really like Milk or Thorgy this season, after their performance on the challenge id love to have seen either of them come back (Or Aja of course) Any way, Im team Trixie now so i hope she continues to bring it.

I don't think the current queens were the better team, but that wouldn't have fit the narrative of the story line the producers/Ru were trying to push, which Dela gave a huge big middle finger to. I imagine Trixie or Shangela will win now and I wouldn't be mad of either, but please, let Kennedy be out next. I can't have her. Annoying on S7... still annoying now. And BeBe is coasting but Ru is keeping her in because she loves her. Her verse in the song was probably one of the worst and made no good goddamn sense yet Ru was cackling away to it. Sorry, no. Apart from a few looks, nothing BeBe has done this year has wowed me, and I was so looking forward to her return to show how much she had grown/improved since S1.

I don't think the current queens were the better team, but that wouldn't have fit the narrative of the story line the producers/Ru were trying to push, which Dela gave a huge big middle finger to. I imagine Trixie or Shangela will win now and I wouldn't be mad of either, but please, let Kennedy be out next. I can't have her. Annoying on S7... still annoying now. And BeBe is coasting but Ru is keeping her in because she loves her. Her verse in the song was probably one of the worst and made no good goddamn sense yet Ru was cackling away to it. Sorry, no. Apart from a few looks, nothing BeBe has done this year has wowed me, and I was so looking forward to her return to show how much she had grown/improved since S1.

Agreed on all your points. Though I would guess Shangela will take the crown, if not Bebe (eugh). Trixie has been a pretty weak contender for most of this season whereas Shangela has been pretty consistent (aside fae Studio 54 which I thought was good). Also I felt rage just having to see Thorgy again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

I was shocked by the last episode, not so much by what transpired with the elimination
    but by Bebe. That outfit, that performance... So unbelievably tired. It was a nil-effort affair. An animal skin cat suit with a cut out, combined with big hair. Has there ever been a contestant so singularly boring and repetitive? (At least Bianca killed it in challenges).

Ben made a massively egotistical decision and good for her. I'm not bothered. Don't compete if you don't like the competition. To nominate Morgan for return however... Aja deserved it in every sense. More self satisfaction for Ben.

Shangela or Trixie for the win. If Bebe wins I am not sure I'll stay watching.

There's no way BeBe can win, she's been coasting the whole show and Ru is living for her and giving her passes for stuff she'd read others for and put them in the bottom for. Based on the 5 queens left, I imagine/hope that Kennedy or Morgan is next to go leaving 4 queens for the final episode and BeBe and Kennedy/Morgan go, leaving either Trixie or Shangela for the final lip-sync/win. If either of those two win I'll be happy but if Kennedy or BeBe wins... Oooooooh bitch!

I really don't think Bebe is gaining fans from participating again.

• Advertisement

La_Gordy wrote: »
    I really don't think Bebe is gaining fans from participating again.

I think she very much benefitted from the kudos that the show reached after it stopped being mildly **** (around S3). The fact that it's really hard to watch S1 meant she had a kind of auro around her. Now that's been shattered by people seeing she's actually kinda rubbish.
    Asking Aja to basically make her her outfit and then refusing to acknowledge it at all is a dick move.

Asking Aja to basically make her her outfit and then refusing to acknowledge it at all is a dick move.

Completely! We'll know in mere hours if she's making it to the final. Which I think is very likely. Also, Rupaul, who has been doing himself no favours this week, might just be misguided enough to make her the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭Banbha32

Lip
    Sync
    Of
    The
    Century

:D:D:D

Banbha32 wrote: »
    Lip
    Sync
    Of
    The
    Century

:D:D:D

That fat suit was Everything!!!

Is that what lip syncs are going to descend to now? Whoever can pull off the biggest gimmick to get Ru to laugh? I'm finding them a bit boring now with all the wig reveals, outfit changes, props and interfering with the other queen to throw her off.

• Advertisement

Is that what lip syncs are going to descend to now? Whoever can pull off the biggest gimmick to get Ru to laugh? I'm finding them a bit boring now with all the wig reveals, outfit changes, props and interfering with the other queen to throw her off.

Same. Also how poxy was Bebe's wig reveal lipsync! I did enjoy Shangela though. All in all this season hasn't been great.

Disagree. I'm a lipsync queen, meaning I privilege that element of the competition above all others. I was a Valentina-ho... until she disrespected the most fundamental aspect of the competition. I knew she had to go the minute it happened.
    What Shangela did last episode was nigh on perfect. If she could have made the costume more professional looking that would have been a plus, but all in all it was perfect. The point of the lipsync is to evoke the assigned song. She made it hilarious, she captured the rhythm and spirit. It was hilarious and brilliant.

I felt sorry for Trixie because I felt she also evoked the spirit and did an amazing job. For me it would have been a 'shantay you both stay' moment, but this is a competition and it is getting a bit late for that.

I'm happy with the top two, I have to admit that I'd have preferred to see Bebe go. Again, I can't believe how banal and pedestrian her drag has been this entire series. While I know Morgan just returned, based on her outfit and performance last night, (which was obviously superior to Bebe) I feel we could have had a more interesting contender throughout the series. Bebe's continued performance in the show has highlighted the favouritism and arbitrary nature of Ru. It is distasteful.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

I’m fine with the buffoonery in the lip sync. There’s 10 grand for the winner and I like to see them pull out all the stops.

Also it’s Lip sync for your legacy so it’s not like the loser is going home.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I don’t think Trixie is a particularly strong lip syncer. I think Shangela still would have won even without the gimmick

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭AustinLostin

What liked about the show previously was that it was Ru's decision. No public vote or anything like that, just an experienced drag queen making a judgement.

The lip sync for your legacy which worked really well in AS2 seems tired already now. We have way to much back stage chatting between judging and elimination, and eliminations not in line with who was best or who was weakest. Ru's decision always seemed fair, there were times I disagreed with her (*cough* Pearl lipsyncs) but never drastically. These all stars run has felt so messy and like they (i.e. producers) are trying to influence queens to eliminate particular girls and you can see through the editing so much.

Also in the last episode when they were de-dragging you could really see the editing. Trixie would have a reaction shot with a headband thing on, then it would be off, then on again, then off again etc...

Sad to see Ben leave, it would have been nice to see him in the final, but he will do well out of this, and should capitalise on the publicity so good luck to him.

Re the finalists for me its all about Shangela and Trixie, Bebe is beyond dull, and Kennedy, not all star winner material. Of Shanigie and Trixie, I do want to see Shangela win, she has been the most consistent, she has done so much since we first saw her way back on Season 2, and has really really made a tremendous career for herself which is completely deserved. What I like about her too, is she really works so so hard and in this All Stars season has given her everything in all the challenges, and for me would be a very deserved winner. I do like Trixie but I think Shangela (apart from Ben) has shown she is a true all star and the ultimate come back queen!

I think Shangela will win to be honest. As much as I like Trixie there just seems to be something missing that I can’t connect with.

For me Shangela just has it. She exudes charisma. Her performances are always highly entertaining and she never goes wrong in the acting or comedy challenges. I’m hoping for a Shangela win

I wonder are we going to get a group performance as amazing as Read You Wrote You in the final episode?

Not long to go now! I do think this has been a fairly awful season, and all things considered I don't know if I can be arsed wi the next season. Looking forward to either being happy (Shangela/Kennedy/Trixie) or raging (Bebe).

I think if we are going to have another All Stars, pick a variety of girls. So many iconic quotes, gifs, mannerisms were from queens who didn't make Top 5 not alone Top 3.

So a bit of a mixture and spotlight on them would be nice. Not necessarily a 'redemption' season because that has negative connotations - still an All Star even if you messed up back in Season 3.

For me Bebe destroyed this season. Clearly coasted it until the jig was up and there was nothing to back up the legacy. If queens decided the bottom 2 and Ru chooses who to go home - would be better.

Hoping Shangela wins. Purely because I nearly forget who else is there...

Shangela or Trixie for me, I have a feeling and hope that Shangela does it but if it's a jury decision that helps decide, they may give it to Trixie based on how she has done after S7, which is not how it should be, if that's the case, why bother having a competing season at all. If Shangela or Trixie win I'll be fine, if Kennedy wins I'll be unhappy and if BeBe wins.... Ooooooooh bitch!

• Advertisement

An unfair end to a pish season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

La_Gordy wrote:
    An unfair end to a pish season.
    It reminded me of the season 9 final.
    Peppermint was statistically the weakest yet got to lip synch against Sasha for the crown.
    I really don't see why the 6 voted for Kennedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Season 10 is happening far too soon. I feel a bit oversaturated and faded with RPDR. It's been losing something since Season 7.

Who I thought either winner should have been, was robbed.

Fewmin!

Fewmin!

Not alone!

Btw, they are actually giving away tickets to Sharon Needles now. I bought my tickets because I really like her, but i wonder if she fūcked everyone off because they're actually free now! Any takers? PM me (though i assume the code is out there).

But back to the show. I think ahm finished. Everything meant nothing and I think irrespective of your preferred winner, the wrong is done.

Also - surprised to eat ma words. Thorgy Thor was the fairest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I'm not surprised about who won. They are doing well outside Drag Race and Id say that would qualify for an All Star. I don't think the Jury part was originally part of the plan. After Dela left they had to crown someone and knew the fans wouldn't be happy so passed the buck to the queens instead. See how quick they were to post the video of who voted who!

Also can't believe Thorgy was the only one to pick Shangela. Her two picks were the fairest and correct ones out of who was left. I guess everyone else went with friendships or other alliances.

People need to stop giving queens hate as well. It's important to listen to what the queens are actually saying and not the context the editors want to shoehorn things into. Very easy to make candid comments sound positive or negative. Whichever fits the narrative. It's the main reason I don't judge based on show alone - Thorgy is still the nicest queen I've ever met! Along with Phi Phi. At the end of the day it's a TV show and if you're getting furious at strangers you'd need to take a good look at yourself.

So I’ll say my piece now everyone has caught up.

It’s bullshît. The entire set up was crap. The eliminated queens should not have been given that sort of power at all. It means it all came down to who was friends with who and not who the strongest competitor was.

Trixie was a fine choice for top 2 but she shouldn’t have won. She underperformed all season and only stepped it up at the very end. And I like Trixie but I can see she wasn’t the best there. Shangela should have been in that top 2 and you can’t deny it. She had the best track record there apart from Dela. I’m happy Trixie won but to me it’s a tainted victory. You can’t say say you competed against the best and beat them when you didn’t. It was basically handed to her.

People giving her hate on social media need to get a life. At least I’m only doing it on here where about 5 people will see it

So I’ll say my piece now everyone has caught up.

It’s bullshît. The entire set up was crap. The eliminated queens should not have been given that sort of power at all. It means it all came down to who was friends with who and not who the strongest competitor was.

Trixie was a fine choice for top 2 but she shouldn’t have won. She underperformed all season and only stepped it up at the very end. And I like Trixie but I can see she wasn’t the best there. Shangela should have been in that top 2 and you can’t deny it. She had the best track record there apart from Dela. I’m happy Trixie won but to me it’s a tainted victory. You can’t say say you competed against the best and beat them when you didn’t. It was basically handed to her.

People giving her hate on social media need to get a life. At least I’m only doing it on here where about 5 people will see it

Hard to find much to disagree with in the above.

I was happy that Trixie won, given the Top 2. Shangela was robbed though, the look on her face when she was sent to the back of the stage was tough. She handled it with poise and dignity though.

I am not necessarily saying she had to win, but she deserved to compete at the very least.

To me, looking back at the entire season, my take away is just how atrocious a decision it was to have Bebe back and to sustain her in the competition. She should never have been there. From start to finish it was rehashed efforts at what was never particularly inspiring to begin with.

As for internet hate... just get a life.

Haven't seen the final yet, but honestly knowing the result now, I dont think I will bother watching it. Shangela should have won - she after Ben was actually an all star, she has done amazingly well in the real world, but she also was thrilled to be asked back to all stars and fought to win every step of the way, performing very strongly week after week. She deserved the crown, Trixe absolutely would have been a very deserved runner up but not the winner, she didnt bring it conistantly to the show, and Kennedy being in the top two, honestly I thought it was bad that Roxie went so far last time, this is actually worse, Kennedy has her talents, but all star finalist she is definitely not, overall a very disappointing All Stars. I really hope they can get some of the magic back for Season 10 but I am holding out blind hope on that one!

• Advertisement

What a quick turnaround. Season 10 started last nigh. I have thoughts but I’ll wait until everyone has caught up

What a quick turnaround. Season 10 started last nigh. I have thoughts but I’ll wait until everyone has caught up

The promos look really good! (I am such an addict :pac::pac::pac:) can you watch on tv i checked comedy central on sky but doesnt seem to be showing

It’s on Netflix. I think they have the exclusive rights to it over here

Won't spoil it for those yet to watch but thought it was a great bunch, seems to be back on form after the snoozefest that was Seasons 8 and 9.
    There are some great characters who could be Drag Race gold.

Right queen went home apart from what was a pretty meh challenge.

Like the fact there's no obvious winner which we could kind of pin-point at other seasons. Also getting to think there a LOT of New York queens!

I personally don’t think the right queen went. Something about Kalorie just screams cheap to me. Cheap and trashy. Also seeing her in Untucked trying to start arguements because she was angry for being in the bottom was something else. I feel we might have got more out of Vanessa.

I love Miz Cracker. She was brilliant in that challenge and I actually think she should have won. Mayhem looked fantastic too so I’m happy for her.

Why does Kameron remind me so much of Kelly Mantle? Every time I look at her I just see Kelly.

The forced Aquaria/Cracker drama might be an interesting dynamic. Waiting for the inevitable lip sync.

I didn’t know Christina Aguilera was on this episode so when Ru said Farrah was back I was gagged. Nice little bit they did.

Very interesting and diverse bunch of queens this year so I’m intrigued how this will go. But please Kalorie out soon

• Advertisement

Haven't watched Untucked yet so I may live to regret my previous comment! And there was me thinking the faux-drama was not here...The Cracker/Aquaria thing is predictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Is it just me , or were there makeups actually quite different?

Hunchback wrote: »
    Is it just me , or were there makeups actually quite different?

THANK YOU!!!!

I watched last night and I have to say I really enjoyed it! The bar was set low after all stars, but overall some good banter, interesting queens, and I liked both of the challenges.

I like Yahua and Blair so far, and looking forward to seeing more of them. Aquaria and Cracker are very modern/cool but they will need to differenciate themselves, they are so alike in looks and style! I used to think the same about Fame/Pearl in Season 7, and found it very hard to differenciate between them too! Mayhem imo desrved the win, she looked fantastic, very creative outfit, also liked Blairs effort. Re the elimination, I too would have also liked to see Vangy stay, there was something quite endearing about her, very sweet and i think seemed to have potential! Kalorie's outfit was terrible!

Right bottom 2 and right elimination in my opinion. Didn’t like her at all

• Advertisement
Advertisement