Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Indeed there have been trans women who have been competitors. Other queens manipulate their own bodies via padding, tape and some have used other cosmetic proceedures in order to further their careers.

Being trans and doing drag are not fundamentally the same thing, although for some they do overlap.

Really the purpose of this thread is to discuss the show, for fans of the show.

Please don't drag it off topic soapboxing about trans people. This is the final warning on this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Annnnnyway....

Who is the Miss Congeniality for you lot this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Personally I'd go for Blair or Monique but I can see it going to Miz Cracker.

Ah but is it actually Miss Congeniality or is it fan favourite? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Kind of has to be Miss Vanjie, no?

• Advertisement

J_E wrote: »
    Kind of has to be Miss Vanjie, no?

If it's popularity, maybe yeah. Someone who was only there 1 episode really shouldn't be Miss Congeniality in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I'd go wi Monique or Miz Cracker. Not a massive fan of either but trying to predict.

Also, least any of the fans here not be aware - nae episode this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Ash885 wrote: »
    Annnnnyway....

Kameron. She's not my favourite queen so I don't want her to win but I think she's shown herself to be a decent person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

Strong rumours flying around that Miss Vanjie is a returning queen for Season 11. It's currently filming and she has been very quiet of late online and no gigs currenly, prompting this speculation. Not totally unheard of given how succesful she became after her exit, and it isn't as if a 1st out has not been brought back the following season before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

No new episode on Netflix today? Or when do they usually release?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Goodshape wrote: »
    No new episode on Netflix today? Or when do they usually release?

A new episode didn't air; it'll be back next week.

No new episode this week. What to watch tonight instead? I’m lost!

If you haven’t been watching them, and if you like Mz Cracker check out her series “review with a Jew” on YouTube. Very funny. She’s been reviewing RuPaul for a while but obviously for her season she goes into a little bit of extra background info about editing, extra bits of conversations, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Ariana Grande

Ash885 wrote: »
    Annnnnyway....

The Vixen

Monet X Change, from what we saw, she really boosted morale in the work room.

I really want Monique or Blair or Cracker to get MC. Really don't want Vanjie to get it considering she was only there a hot minute.

If you haven’t been watching them, and if you like Mz Cracker check out her series “review with a Jew” on YouTube. Very funny. She’s been reviewing RuPaul for a while but obviously for her season she goes into a little bit of extra background info about editing, extra bits of conversations, etc.

Yeah, I've already seen those and subscribed! Some brilliantly funny stuff from Cracker in those vids. Her doing Cher still makes me laugh just thinking about it. Not so much the impression but how much she makes herself laugh doing it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Sorry to see Miz Cracker go, I thought she was a great queen.

Surprised there was no Miss Congeniality given at the reunion. Are they keeping it for the finale or after last years antics have they done away with it completely? I don't even think the official Twitter / Instagram feeds for the show even ran a vote for MC this year... did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jim-jam

PFMC84 wrote: »
    Surprised there was no Miss Congeniality given at the reunion. Are they keeping it for the finale or after last years antics have they done away with it completely? I don't even think the official Twitter / Instagram feeds for the show even ran a vote for MC this year... did they?

There was an online vote. Spotted it through Blair St. Clair's social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

PFMC84 wrote: »
    Details regarding the Miss Congeniality situation this season without spoiling the result:
    There was a fan vote, but it was plagued by bots. Miss Congeniality will be awarded at the finale.

• Advertisement

Anyone been following the supposed All Stars 4 cast rumours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I've been reading a bit and not sure how I feel tbh.. Although it was a week or two ago since I was reading up on it!

That said, I'm very excited to see
    Manilla and Latrice come back - I really think they deserve another chance AND also Naomi Smalls
    . Like I said though, it's been a week or two since I was reading the rumours so I might have old T :p

Would love to see
    Valentina
    come back even just for the drama haha

Some unsettling news from Reddit (if it is indeed true). Someone posted that a Ru girl had invited them back to an afterparty that was essentially their house and the Ru girl raped them. Posting the story has prompted two other people to say they have had similar experiences with Ru girls and one of them says it was with a S10 Ru girl and they are all supporting each other online and being encouraged to report the incident to the police. Scary if true. No names have been mentioned though, so not sure if it is one queen that has done it several times or if it is a number of queens from the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Can you post /pm the link to the thread
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

PFMC84 wrote:
    Some unsettling news from Reddit (if it is indeed true). Someone posted that a Ru girl had invited them back to an afterparty that was essentially their house and the Ru girl raped them. Posting the story has prompted two other people to say they have had similar experiences with Ru girls and one of them says it was with a S10 Ru girl and they are all supporting each other online and being encouraged to report the incident to the police. Scary if true. No names have been mentioned though, so not sure if it is one queen that has done it several times or if it is a number of queens from the show.

Did any more details emerge?

Nothing that I have heard. I hope it's just someone making crap up for attention than it being true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So we have the Christmas Special tomorrow (Saturday for us), immediately followed by All Stars 4, Season 11 next year and Drag Race UK next summer and maybe All Stars 5 and another Christmas Special as well at the end of next year. We are truly being spoiled with drag content.

Gay Christmas is truly here!

Has anyone watched the holiday special yet? I have it downloaded but am not watching until tonight with a bottle of vino. No spoilers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

PFMC84 wrote:
    Has anyone watched the holiday special yet? I have it downloaded but am not watching until tonight with a bottle of vino. No spoilers!

I did. Wasn't my cup of tea at all. Really looking forward to AS4 though

Advertisement