Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 416 on the market

• 27-03-2013 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

Right lads, I'm on the hunt for a new AEG, a 416 in particular. Now I've pretty much given up on airsoft over the last six months, so I'm slightly out of touch.

I've considered tarting up my PTW with an FCC 416 kit, but the cost is astronomical. Anything else would save me a fortune, so has anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

Right lads, I'm in the hunt for a new AEG, a 416 in particular. Now I've pretty much given up on airsoft over the last six months, so I'm slightly out of touch.

I've considered tarting up my PTW with an FCC 416 kit, but the cost is astronomical. Anything else would save me a fortune, so has anyone any suggestions?
    Yeah, pop into the shop, we miss ya:D
    Rionegro in August Luca, how about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Already have my bags packed Richard :) I'll throw in an extra map and compass for you this year :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

Already have my bags packed Richard :) I'll throw in an extra map and compass for you this year :p
    Great to see you back Luca and I'll hold you to that!
    Drop in whenever you get the chance and my apologies for hijacking your thread!!!

No problem at all Richard! I'll see what I can do in the coming weeks. It has been a while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

To date, I've had a couple of 416's + used even more and found the CA 416 Proline to be a good start, with the VFC 416 being excellent

However, the best one I have ever had / used is my done up to the nines GFC 416 :)

• Advertisement

I've my heart set on a VFC but are Umarex still butchering them with their little essays?

I've also considered the 416C but I'll probably leave it because of the Umarex trades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭flynn353

I think they've stopped the mini essays on the uk versions, they just have a small "cal: 6mm" over the pistol grip. America still gets the essay i think. Plus the new 416D's come with the proper stock and grip (which if you decide to change ill gladly take the stock and possibly the grip :P ).
    If you were thinking of converting the PTW I think a guy in Japan has kits he sells but there probably as expensive as the FCC ones.

Paul

flynn353 wrote: »
    I think they've stopped the mini essays on the uk versions, they just have a small "cal: 6mm" over the pistol grip. America still gets the essay i think. Plus the new 416D's come with the proper stock and grip (which if you decide to change ill gladly take the stock and possibly the grip :P ).
    If you were thinking of converting the PTW I think a guy in Japan has kits he sells but there probably as expensive as the FCC ones.

Paul

You could just sell me your one Paul :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

I've had a few 416's over the years, from the metal jg to the g&g and now the vfc. The vfc wins hands down. I'd agree with the previous poster in that I don't think the Asian/European ones have all the blurb on them, I was lucky enough to get one of the last of the original ones but having drooled all over Rooky's 417, I don't recall any of Umarexs last great American novel on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

You'll be paying for it but ever think of the TM version? has their new recoil engine in it. I've had my eyes on the VFC one for a while and it's by far the most realistic. Then there's the G&G Top Tech one. It doesn't hold to the 416 much though, the stock and selector 'trades' are the only thing that are the same if i remember correctly. It has G&G's own TOP TECH trades so wouldn't be the best for the externals, it is the cheapest i think (excluding the China ones :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭flynn353

You could just sell me your one Paul :p

Not a chance, literally just got it back last night!

The TM one looks accurate too but has a propriatary battery in the stock if I remember correctly. Jjust put the new ASCU and hop up in a vfc and you'll have a mini PTW

Looks like it'll be a VFC so, possibly the 416C. Thanks for the advice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

good choice, you cant go far wrong with a vfc 416 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

thermo wrote: »
    good choice, you cant go far wrong with a vfc 416 :)

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

i have the 417 and got it from England and didnt have the mini story on it :). 416C has gotten great reviews only thing that concerns people are VFC,s self shimming gears, there a marmite part some like em most hate em. TM recoil engine 416 would be nice but doesn't have the full trades, i also found on my TM recoil scar h that after awhile the recoil gets annoying as its not as nice as a GBBR.Also seen the G&G Top tech 416 and they are great great range out of been but have been told its because of the green hop rubber they use or that could be an old wife's tale so cant confirm.You could get a bog standard jg and for the price of a VFC put the work into a custom gearbox and the rest of the internals only you wouldn't have fancy trademarks or the right stock id go VFC if i was you.After i sort out accessory's for the 417 im getting one as after zero dark thirty im in love with most things H&K

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Robcool2

I recently bought the G&G Top Tech 416 and highly recommend it to anyone as its a great gun, once you don't mind not having trademarks on it. Its a great gun.

Advertisement