Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitter abuzz with rumours about a jobs announcement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Thank god,

Nice to get some positive news in Any event

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

saw this posted on a facebook page

kennybruton.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Assuming I have not been given a bum steer I know who it is but am sworn to secrecy! It is manufacturing, the company in question has a plant in the Greater Dublin area but has not got the capacity to increase production for the customer in question (which is a Waterford company).

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

mike65 wrote: »
    Assuming I have not been given a bum steer I know who it is but am sworn to secrecy! It is manufacturing, the company in question has a plant in the Greater Dublin area but has not got the capacity to increase production for the customer in question (which is a Waterford company).

Would this area be bray, if it is spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

ziedth wrote: »
    Not Keltech is it?

Please Not them, life is hard enough as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

The_Shotz wrote: »
    Would this area be bray, if it is spot on

Surely not the company who were in Waterford already and shut down in 2004?

Roanmore wrote: »
    Surely not the company who were in Waterford already and shut down in 2004?

Nypro?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Deisedarren

I say it be hasbro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

ziedth wrote: »
    Nypro?

Just speculating, somebody mentioned Bray.

Worked with a guy a few years ago who had worked in Nypro, we got talking about the factory that was there (some set-up) and why it closed. He said he heard there were rumors that that were looking at Waterford again. That was about 3 years ago and nothing ever came of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

they are opening the medieval museum officially, apparently local vikings are to make an appearance.. anyone know if they are going to stop him or are they part of the stunt?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've heard 200-250 jobs from a pharma company,

Regardless of if its 150 jobs or 250 jobs I find it amusing that some people will still claim this isn't enough, in all honesty what do you want? Do you honestly expect a company to suddenly setup and offer 2k jobs overnight?

If it is a pharma company setting up shop this is good news but I guess some people still like to **** on any good news that comes Waterford's way

Cabaal wrote: »
    I've heard 200-250 jobs from a pharma company,

Regardless of if its 150 jobs or 250 jobs I find it amusing that some people will stay claim this isn't enough, in all honesty what do you want? Do you honestly expect a company to suddenly setup and offer 2k jobs overnight?

If it is a pharma company setting up shop this is good news but I guess some people still like to **** on any good news that comes Waterford's way

I think sometimes my anger on how waterford has suffered takes over.
    I am not knocking any jobs announcement for waterford. Any jobs announcement is always good news.

I just fear it will be a case of here's a few jobs and then in the coming weeks downgrade the hospital and once again it will be sometime before anything else positive is done for waterford.

I hope im proved wrong and this is the beginning of recovery for waterford.

Say it is 200 jobs on the industrial wage or even a bit under it. That is the bones of 5/6m a year into the local economy, you'd hope that might lead to jobs in retail,services and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭_ricochet_

They will be in Eishtec tomorrow but just because they are in town, announcement more than likely for jobs elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

So i hope some skilled work to draw some young graduates back who had to work elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

I hate the fact that people are hoping rather than demanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

a couple of hundred new quality jobs for waterford and you lot are still moaning and whingeing!!!!???
    and all the lefties that will be complaining about the lack of jobs in the manufacturing sector are the same one that want to increase corporation tax and drive jobs out of ireland!!

yes---john halligan, jimmy kelly, Richard boyd barrett, joe higgins, the workers party, mick wallace----headbangers!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

_ricochet_ wrote: »
    They will be in Eishtec tomorrow but just because they are in town, announcement more than likely for jobs elsewhere.

So wait, Enda is coming down to Waterford to announce jobs for another county?

If he really wanted to troll, he could announce jobs for Kilkenny. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭_ricochet_

Should clarify, elsewhere in the city!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

what one hand giveth.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

From what I can see in the paper, the only new thing on the IDA is that SunLife Financial has been bought out by Delaware Life Holdings. They do currently have jobs now listed on their site. Possibly this is what the news is about? Any jobs are good news, maybe its something else. I don't see why Enda would come down over a company take-over, but you never know.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Word on the street this morning is the company in question are Nypro who are coming back to Waterford again, they've aquired a contract to make some sort of packaging for B&L and they will be relocating back in their original building on the industrial estate. This building is currently been used by Waterford Stanley who have been told they need to be out of the building by September.

Whether this is accurate information or that, it excellent news for the City that we are getting in the region of 200+ new jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

KevIRL wrote: »
    The old TalkTalk building has been fully gutted over the past few weeks and was looked today like it was ready for whatever is going in there....
    Schivo Precision are moving in there from their current location in the coming weeks.
    There will be some new jobs, but nothing like 150 jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

It's a manufacturer of medical devices according to Damien Tiernan on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

I reckon it's nypro. The crowd I work for have a huge order with them from their Dublin plant and they can't deliver as quickly as we'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

fricatus wrote: »
    It's a manufacturer of medical devices according to Damien Tiernan on Twitter.

Could be B + L, they've been hiring people consistently for months now. And are likely expanding even more.

And it could be Nypro a well as that.

Nypro

Nypro has just been confirmed on twitter by damien tieran.. Going to create 200 jobs. Medical manufacturing.

The_Shotz wrote: »
    Nypro has just been confirmed on twitter by damien tieran.. Going to create 200 jobs. Medical manufacturing.

That really is great news,

Now the dash for jobs begins. I pity whoever in HR has to go through the mountain of CV's in the next few months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,545 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Advertisement