If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a 40 inch tv

Options
  • 27-03-2013 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking to buy a 40" lcd/led tv ...mainly for movies and gaming (PS3). It wouldn't be my main TV, as I have a Philips 37" (purchased from your Philips store). The Phlips TV has been great...the picture quality still amazes me to this day - it really was a top recommendation, so thanks for that!! :D

I was looking at the Toshiba 40TL963B (link) as it seems to tick all the boxes.
    But, do you guys have any other suggestions? Budget would be around €400 - €500 (max).

Any ideas are greatly appreciated, and I'm based in the Meath area - but could take delivery in Dublin too.

Thanks,
    Bill

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

billius wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm looking to buy a 40" lcd/led tv ...mainly for movies and gaming (PS3). It wouldn't be my main TV, as I have a Philips 37" (purchased from your Philips store). The Phlips TV has been great...the picture quality still amazes me to this day - it really was a top recommendation, so thanks for that!!

I was looking at the Toshiba 40TL963B (link) as it seems to tick all the boxes.
    But, do you guys have any other suggestions? Budget would be around €400 - €500 (max).

Any ideas are greatly appreciated, and I'm based in the Meath area - but could take delivery in Dublin too.

Thanks,
    Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The Toshiba isn't a bad screen at all.  I'd strongly suggest checking out the LG 42 LS570T.  This has been a really good seller for us all year.  Full HD, 200hz (so perfect for gaming and sports) Full smart TV and tones of other features.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42ls570t/lg-42ls570t

It comes in just a little over budget at €589.16 delivered.  I honestly think this would be the better choice over the Toshiba.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭billius

Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the quick reply. The LG looks really good - perfect in fact. But I'm afraid I can't go over €500 (including delivery). I don't mind dropping down to a 37" model, if that brings the cost down. So any other options you might have would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The Toshiba isn't a bad screen at all.  I'd strongly suggest checking out the LG 42 LS570T.  This has been a really good seller for us all year.  Full HD, 200hz (so perfect for gaming and sports) Full smart TV and tones of other features.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42ls570t/lg-42ls570t

It comes in just a little over budget at €589.16 delivered.  I honestly think this would be the better choice over the Toshiba.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Chris

Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the quick reply. The LG looks really good - perfect in fact. But I'm afraid I can't go over €500 (including delivery). I don't mind dropping down to a 37" model, if that brings the cost down. So any other options you might have would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for getting back to me :)

Good news is there is a 37" version of the LG available.  The total for this including delivery comes in just over 500 at €528.51 inc delivery.

Checked to see if there is anyway we could get it closer to the 500 mark but that would be the best on it.  Well worth the extra few quid.

Let me know what you think.  If not then I'll check a few other options :)

Chris

Hi Bill,

Thanks for getting back to me

Good news is there is a 37" version of the LG available.  The total for this including delivery comes in just over 500 at €528.51 inc delivery.

Checked to see if there is anyway we could get it closer to the 500 mark but that would be the best on it.  Well worth the extra few quid.

Let me know what you think.  If not then I'll check a few other options

Chris
    Hi Chris,
    Ok, after searching about a bit...I've settled on a different model LG - the LG 42LM3450 0 42" 3D LED. Seems to be allot of TV for the price...and the reviews are all in it's favour. Do you guys stock this? If so, what's the best price you could deliver for? I'm looking at £380 from amazon or €499 from Argos. If you could match or beat that price I would prefer to give the business to you guys. Let me know if you have anything on this. And again, thanks for all the advice!
    Cheers,
    Bill

Hi Chris,
    Ok, after searching about a bit...I've settled on a different model LG - the LG 42LM3450 0 42" 3D LED. Seems to be allot of TV for the price...and the reviews are all in it's favour. Do you guys stock this? If so, what's the best price you could deliver for? I'm looking at £380 from amazon or €499 from Argos. If you could match or beat that price I would prefer to give the business to you guys. Let me know if you have anything on this. And again, thanks for all the advice!
    Cheers,
    Bill
    Hi Bill.

Sorry buts that not a screen that we stock. Might there be another screen that would suit your needs?

• Advertisement

Hi Chris,
    Do you have the LG 42LM3400 in stock? What price could you do this for...delivered?

Also, I wouldn't mind getting a price on something like the LG NB2020 soundbar...for hooking up to the PS3 and improving the sound from the TV.
    Sorry for all the hassle, I'm sure if I had a larger budget it'd be much easier! :(
    Thanks,
    Bill

Hi Chris,
    Do you have the LG 42LM3400 in stock? What price could you do this for...delivered?

Also, I wouldn't mind getting a price on something like the LG NB2020 soundbar...for hooking up to the PS3 and improving the sound from the TV.
    Sorry for all the hassle, I'm sure if I had a larger budget it'd be much easier!
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Hi Billius.

The LM3400 is now finished and listed as "LAST FEW TO CLEAR" on the website.

The LG soundbar is an in store only purchase and would need collected from the Belfast store as stock on this is nearly out also. It is currently priced at £69.95

At the moment there are a a lot of screen changes with manufacturers and most of years years models are "LAST FEW TO CLEAR"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.