Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swansea away

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Phew. 3 points and a change of underwear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Not good for the ticker. Huge win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Chelsea beat. Beat that doubles the joy for AVB!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I don't feel well after that. Big 3 points though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Phew! Clinging onto to life there for a while. Good performance all round, Michu should have been sent off, did enough to warrant 3 yellows today with the dives. Chelsea lose sees us into 3rd, albeit having played a game more than everyone else around us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Two excellent goals and a bit of luck got us through today,can't bear watching us hanging on, it's cruel.delighted now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

We need to stop sitting back and trying to defend, we play better when we push hard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great win.
    2 great goals.
    Great block from Bale at the end.
    COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Sorry I ain't been around much.. Been struggling to get over jetlag the past week.

Watched the match last night... Struggled to stay awake but from what I seen we had a great first half and then sat back and let Swansea play football the entire second half. Really got out of jail on this one.

Games like today and a performance from Verts we see most games just shows that idiots still saying Spurs are a one man team don't watch the games at all. Vertonghen has been an incredible signing and for £10m must be among the signings of the season along with Michu (although he dived twice in 3 seconds he had a very good game and scored a great goal). We really could have done with signing that guy. AVB really missed it on that one. Always worth a punt for £2m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

It's funny how much of an influence spurs have on your life... 2-0 up I was top of the world, 2-1 I was a nervous wreck.... Went out with the lads and the only reason I'm in a good mood is the fact spurs won 2-1 away in a tough game! Unbeliveqvle win... Sets the game against city that the fair few of are going to nicely ! A win at that would be great and it'll be some day out...

No matter how heartbreaking it can be as a spurs fan I wouldn't change it for the world... Obviously the beers talking at this stage

Come on you ****ing spurs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Emoran wrote: »
    It's funny how much of an influence spurs have on your life... 2-0 up I was top of the world, 2-1 I was a nervous wreck....

Spot on. 2 weeks ago I couldn't watch match of the day v Fulham. Tonight I couldn't wait for it. The 2 week international break was soooooo long !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Vertonghen was brilliant today. Haven't seen a defender so strong in possession since R Ferdinand in his prime. Can't believe we got him and that United/City/Chelsea didn't go for him with their moneybags. He seems to live playing for Spurs which makes him even more of a legend. Adebayor could learn a lot from his attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

slegs wrote: »
    Vertonghen was brilliant today. Haven't seen a defender so strong in possession since R Ferdinand in his prime. Can't believe we got him and that United/City/Chelsea didn't go for him with their moneybags. He seems to live playing for Spurs which makes him even more of a legend. Adebayor could learn a lot from his attitude.

I agree, Vertonghen is a massive player. Adebyor is a spent force. AVB is keeping him sweet for the run in out of neccessity then bye bye, good luck, good riddence and fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I agree, Vertonghen is a massive player. Adebyor is a spent force. AVB is keeping him sweet for the run in out of neccessity then bye bye, good luck, good riddence and fcuk off.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

We were lucky to get the win against Swansea but what a result.
    The players are spilling their guts for AVB and with his management we can pip Arsenal to Champions League.
    We are light up front but all our midfielders and defenders;) have a shot on them.
    Don't forget Arse are away to West Brom.
    Very difficult came for them.
    West Brom dominated West Ham in the second half.
    This wkend could be very favourable to us.

COYFS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

slegs wrote: »

Can't think of another centre back in the Premier League who could produce the control and finish he did for the goal either. Remarkable, I'm glad we got him.:D

Advertisement