Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inside The Ropes - Ballybunion Monday 15 April

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Just as well it isn't "Inside The Rope - Portmarnock"
    You'd be in a spot of bother then

NO

girls-aloud002.jpg

Thankfully I'm not here for the weekend folks!!! :o

I do worry about you ,

, Firstly your bout of bromance , now Girls Aloud posters , massive ones at that !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Please include me in the draw, would love to play. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

I am not GUI affiliated (18 HC unofficial), never played a lynx course!! , and just after my first round of 2013 (Mt Wolseley).

But on the plus side im owed a day holidays and would be interested to use it for something different like this ! So im interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭kk2012

i can play also kevin, count me in the hat

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

I've gone around there before Kevin, couldn't call it playing golf cause it was so windy after hitting the ball anything above knee hight it would actually come back towards you.

If I qualify please put my name in the hat !?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Can you include me in the draw as well please.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

I'd love to go but just checked with AA Routeplanner, 3hrs 52 minutes. I'd enjoy the drive down but it would be hell on the way back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

golfnut1 wrote: »
    Oh please let it be me this time!!.
    Thanks
    denisoc16 wrote: »
    Only about 45 minutes from my door so I'd be available Kevin. Fair play for the offer to the Boardsies again.

Guys, you're up, along with one golfer from my blog.
    Be inspired... it'll be the day after the Masters!
    I'll be in touch.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Cheers kevin, looking forward to it. Hard to beat Ballybunion early in the year to get the juices flowing!!

Thanks again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Well done lads, enjoy!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfnut1

Totally delighted.
    Thanks a million Kevin. Can't wait

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Enjoy it lads , great offer as always by Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

Cheers kevin, looking forward to it. Hard to beat Ballybunion early in the year to get the juices flowing!!

Thanks again

sorry probably none of my business but thought one of the requirements was to have not played before which denisoc definately has.

Ok lads, apologies for not reading the T&Cs correctly. I have indeed played it before but hadn't realised it was a condition. Re-reading the OP it is fairly obvious of course! So a bit like Rory a few weeks ago I have WD alongside my name:o Whoever gets to go is in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ok lads, apologies for not reading the T&Cs correctly. I have indeed played it before but hadn't realised it was a condition. Re-reading the OP it is fairly obvious of course! So a bit like Rory a few weeks ago I have WD alongside my name:o Whoever gets to go is in for a treat.

Unlucky Denis, I didn't read all the T&C's either, I played it for the first time a few weeks back, I didn't realise that by replying on the thread I was probably counted in for the draw.
    I knew it was for people that hadn't played the course, I just didn't realise a reply (mine was slightly off topic) might have included me in the draw.

So Kevin, if redrawing, make sure not to include me.

Failing that, Mods can you delete the photos I took of it from the golfing images thread a while back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Come on ForeRight!!!!!

This is like the fake golden ticket scandal for willy wonkas factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

slave1 wrote: »
    Day's holidays approved just in case I come out of the hat!
    Never played it before and it's hard to get my usual playing partners to travel that far, so would be most welcomed!

Thanks to Denis for withdrawing so graciously!
    Slave1 - you're on the tee

Stunned, just stunned, and I almost cancelled my day off! :eek:
    I'm coming from Athlone so if someone is sharing the same route we may as well try and do some car pooling if possible.
    Thanks Kevin for the share!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfnut1

slave1 wrote: »
    Stunned, just stunned, and I almost cancelled my day off! :eek:
    I'm coming from Athlone so if someone is sharing the same route we may as well try and do some car pooling if possible.
    Thanks Kevin for the share!

I'm coming from Portumna so could be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

ciaeim wrote: »
    sorry probably none of my business but thought one of the requirements was to have not played before which denisoc definately has.

Get many xmas cards? Stinger...

• Advertisement

golfnut1 wrote: »
    I'm coming from Portumna so could be a good idea.

I'll PM you...

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

Whyner wrote: »
    Get many xmas cards? Stinger...

stinger!!!! would you rather some guy lose out on a chance to play ballyb for his first time because someone overlooked the conditions of entry. i could have thrown my name in the ring but as i have been lucky to have played it on many occasions i did not. im sure dennisoc would not like to take someones place in this way. your xmas cards stinger remark is over the top and offending, it says volumes about you as a person. but i will get over it. regards ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

stinger!!!! would you rather some guy lose out on a chance to play ballyb for his first time because someone overlooked the conditions of entry. i could have thrown my name in the ring but as i have been lucky to have played it on many occasions i did not. im sure dennisoc would not like to take someones place in this way. your xmas cards stinger remark is over the top and offending, it says volumes about you as a person. but i will get over it. regards ciaran

Ah come on Ciaran, he thought he was playing Ballybunion for free one minute and then not the next minute, that's got to hurt

No offense meant

Whyner wrote: »
    Ah come on Ciaran, he thought he was playing Ballybunion for free one minute and then not the next minute, that's got to hurt

No offense meant

Don't be worrying about me Whyner:) . It's not the end of the world and I have now booked into the Scratch Cup on the Sunday instead so all is not lost!! My own fault really so can't be too upset about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

In any event there is bound to be plenty of chances to have your name in the hat for a course you havent played yet :D I was in for this one via his blog, most of the previous dates didnt suit me so I wouldnt enter but I'll keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Nobody likes a snitch....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Daithio12

link_2007 wrote: »
    Nobody likes a snitch....

Yes especially when it entails honesty.

I didn't put my name in the hat because I've played there before and I bothered to read the op, so if you have a problem it should be with the rule breaker and not the ones who abide by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

I made the same mistake as denisoc so it can be easily done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Daithio12 wrote: »
    Yes especially when it entails honesty.

I didn't put my name in the hat because I've played there before and I bothered to read the op, so if you have a problem it should be with the rule breaker and not the ones who abide by them.

I don't have a problem with anyone. My post was meant in jest and I hope ciaeim realises that.

And he's hardly a 'rule breaker', it was a genuine mistake that he immediately admitted to and one that a number of people seem to have made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

probably best if we just let this die lads please.

Advertisement