Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

launderette that collects washing

Options
  • 27-03-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi
    Does anyone know of a launderette in the Dublin area that will collect washing. My washing machine is broken and I have no transport to bring the washing to a launderette. Any help would be appreciated.
    I live in walkinstown
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You might be missing out by searching the web for 'launderette', what you're looking for is called a 'laundry' service.

There's not that many offering that service nowadays but these two claim to do collection and delivery.....

http://dryclean.ie/

http://www.crispcleaners.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lilimarilyn

Hi thanks so much for your replies they were so useful.Also I found a place in Harolds cross that will collect and return.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Probably more suited in this forum. Moved from Home Appliances.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,004 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Is anyone using a collection/delivery service for laundry in Dublin city centre?

From what I can see online, https://www.laundr.ie/ looks like a good service, with decent comments on line from customers. The costs seem reasonable.

But I'd be interested to hear first-hand experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭pillphil

I used to use cleanfreaks, service was pretty good.
    I just rent a gocar and leave my washing to a place now as it was difficult for me to organise being at home for collection and delivery.

Also, 2013 pillphil, if you're reading, BUY BITCOIN!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

I've used laundrie a few times (last time was last Thursday), they are quite good. I got my suits dry cleaned and my shirts washed and ironed and they came back in great condition. They were picked up and delivered on time. I think if you send €20 its free delivery, otherwise an extra €5

Thanks, very helpful. It's not a bad price really - less than €20 to do five shirts for a week for work without anything going home is fairly reasonable. I just need to make sure I have enough shirts to keep a rolling stock going.

Any other experiences would be helpful too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Thanks, very helpful. It's not a bad price really - less than €20 to do five shirts for a week for work without anything going home is fairly reasonable. I just need to make sure I have enough shirts to keep a rolling stock going.

Any other experiences would be helpful too.

I bought an iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

prinzeugen wrote: »
    I bought an iron.

Genius idea - did you keep the ironing board under your desk or take over a meeting room for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

I use laundrie all the time, 25 for 10 shirts collected and delivered. Good service

Advertisement