Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

forecast.io a great weather webapp

Options
  • 27-03-2013 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

http://forecast.io/

This is a particularly elegant and well designed weather application.

It has a historical lookup with the time machine option, sweet!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Could have credited me for finding it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Iancar29 wrote: »

The op may have come across the website himself?
    I had to do a search to find where you mentioned it and it's buried within a very busy thread that not everyone might be reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Looks good but is it accurate? It is currently telling me the wind is blowing from the SE but I know it is ENE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Impressive and quite nifty.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyha

Iancar29 wrote: »

Cheer up. I heard about it twitter and posted it here thinking people would like it.

There's plenty of buzz about it at the moment so it's not some obscure thing you found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Is there anything to suggest that this is more accurate than the usual apps? Do we know which models it bases it's forecasts on?

I use yr. no, which uses hirlam & xc weather, which uses gfs. I find a mix of both the best bet.

Advertisement