Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

office chair

Options
  • 27-03-2013 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

well due to a bad back looking to buy a proper office chair

im 6ft tall

what types of office chairs you all use, is it possible to buy online?

went to a local store this morning and a chair with height adjust back adjust and seat tilt adjust was 189 when VAT was included

thought that was pricy, no problem to me to assemble things like chairs so don't mind if its flatpacked

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its a chair I sit on for thousands of hours per year

I don't believe in going cheap on that. My ass and spine thank me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Viking Direct have a range of seats ( and prices )

Lowest price one is €129 ( not sure if that includes VAT and delivery though)

Viking Direct

Woodies have a few too Woodies Link

This one looks okay... Link @ €125.99

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I have this:

http://www.vikingdirect.ie/catalog/catalogSku.do?id=3398174&cm_cat=2000000361

And have had it for the last couple of years. Never had an issue and when it does eventually die, it'll be getting replaced by another one the same. Very comfortable. For €50 you can't go wrong! (and mine gets used practically every day for hours on end).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Hey KKV, does that chair tilt back? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I have an Ikea black leather Markus hi-line office chair.

It cost me 130 euro at Christmas but fcuk me its damn comfy...10 year garantee too.

Fully adjustable and adjustable tilt back too.

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/20103101/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Will viking direct deliver to a home address?

Hey KKV, does that chair tilt back? Thanks.

It does, yeah, but it doesn't stay back. You can stay back if you're in it, but it will always spring forward to a normal position when you get up out of it (I haven't got loads of experience with office chairs, so not sure if that's the norm or not.. I'd assume so, though).

It's very comfortable.

zweton wrote: »
    Will viking direct deliver to a home address?

Yeah, but beware of the prices on the site. They (by default, anyway) don't include VAT (ie; that chair is €40 on the site, but will be about €50 when you go to buy it).

I think there's an option to include VAT in the prices displayed on the site, though. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

no prob, can i just enter my home address on the website?

• Advertisement

Think so, yeah. I think it asks for a business name, and you just enter your normal address (or make up a name).

It's been a while since I signed up, but I remember bumping into that same issue. I just put my house number as my company name I think, or my own name... can't recall exactly.

Advertisement