Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ww2 games for ps3

• 27-03-2013 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Call of duty 3
    Call of duty world at war
    Medal of Honor airborne
    And there's a few flight simulator ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

cloud493 wrote: »
    Call of duty 3
    Call of duty world at war
    Medal of Honor airborne
    And there's a few flight simulator ones too.

Thanks,prob should have said any ww2 games barring cod seeing as I've played them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Somebody actively seeking World War II games and not being able to find any....

Have I just entered Bizzaro world? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i really miss ww2 cod games :(

Hate this futuristic crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

They hardly make world war 2 games anymore do they. Last proper one I recall on the consoles was the world at war.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Call of Duty
    Call of Duty 2
    Call of Duty 3
    Call of Duty World at War
    Battlefield 1943
    Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway.
    Medal of Honor: Airborne
    R.U.S.E
    IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey
    Wolfenstein (2009)
    Sniper Elite V2
    The Saboteur
    Velvet Assassin

Of these I have played the first 2 Cod games and World At War, I liked all 3. 1 is my favourite, but more for the impact it made on me at the time but its dated graphically now. I felt 2 was god but just a graphics upgrade. World at War was pretty good too.

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway I felt was rather bland. Never finished it.

MOH:Airborne was good but its goes abit nuts in the last 2 missions with super troops appearing rather jarringly and Wolfenstein style fortresses (the flak towers where not that big really)

R.U.S.E is mean't to be alright but I never got into it.

Sniper Elite V-2 is fairly average all round but the sniping mechanics stand out as being quite good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

cloud493 wrote: »
    They hardly make world war 2 games anymore do they. Last proper one I recall on the consoles was the world at war.
    WW2 has sort of been done to death at this point though, so not many bother with it now it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Polar101

Denny M wrote: »
    WW2 has sort of been done to death at this point though, so not many bother with it now it seems.

Yes, but it won't be long until someone will think it's a great fresh idea to release a WW2 shooter. Where the first level is the invasion of Normandy.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Well for those looking for something abit different there is believe or not a concentration camp simulator floating around on the net. Tasteful :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Azza wrote: »
    Well for those looking for something abit different there is believe or not a concentration camp simulator floating around on the net. Tasteful :pac:

jesus wept!

also beware if thinking of playing world at war online its hacked to bits.

I really enjoyed medal of honor airborne singleplayer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

They've been done to death................................but will someone please please please remake Medal of Honor: Allied Assault? I would absolutely love it if someone where to give it the Black Mesa treatment. It was such a great shooter and I still play online every few months even now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

DOD and Red Orchestra 1 and 2 , awesome WW2 multiplayer games PC only however.

Advertisement