Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, me wire's come loose!

Options
  • 27-03-2013 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

from the battery pack for our gas fire! My partner let it drop and now a black wire has popped out from God knows where! I don't know whether it came from the top of the 2 connector thingy that you clip the batteries into (to match the red one) or whether it came from the lead that has all the other wires going into it :o.

How can we fix it and how do we do it (if it can be done by us!). Would like to get the gas fire back up and running! Apologies for the crap picture!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

that wire needs to be re connected to the cap that the 9v battery clips onto. dab of solder will do the job. its connected in beside the red under the plastic.

it connects to the smaller of the two caps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

that wire needs to be re connected to the cap that the 9v battery clips onto. dab of solder will do the job. its connected in beside the red under the plastic.

it connects to the smaller of the two caps

God bless ya! Off to borrow the soldering iron from the caretaker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Job done! Thanks a lot!

Advertisement