Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Secure Watch problem.

Options
  • 27-03-2013 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

I have a wireless system installed about 7 years ago.
    The panel is displaying Z7 low bat rcv A and Z10 low bat rcv B.
    Today I replaced all the batteries in the sensors and as I relplaced each one checked to see which zone I was changing, Z7 and Z10 didn't come up:confused:.
    Front and back door are covered by Z1, utility room and down stairs toilet are covered by Z2 and upstairs bathroom has 2 windows covered by Z4.

Checked the 2 recievers (small box's with circular aerials on top) beside the Main battery, both have an amber light saying low battery and each has a red light for a zone not Z7 or Z10 but 1 and 6:confused:.

Rang the installer who told me to go back and check the batteries are in correctly which I did but no joy.

Any ideas guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

At 7 years old they should all need batteries. Have you changed them all.
    Probably a good time to go through them all and identify them all correctly.
    What receivers/devices are on this system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Changed then all but no change on the panel, they were hkc brand.
    The receivers are ITI wireless, that's all they have on them.
    There are 8 opening and bump sensors (excuse the descriptions) and 2 only bumps.
    The batteries were all still working (Varta microbattery GmbH 1204)
    Replaced the 12v main battery a year ago.

Stumped.:confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try power everything down (The panel & the receivers ) and power up again.

Do I disconnect the battery in the main panel, and knock of the main trip switch?

Yes. But make sure the receivers power down also.

• Advertisement

There are no batteries in them I think so wouldn't killing all the power to the house, the main switch, power them down?
    Leave in off for 5 minutes to make sure all the power has run off and power up again?

Just make sure they are not on a separate PSU with a bake up battery.
    Power down for 1-2 minutes will be enough.

Only got around to doing it this morning, worked perfect both zones cleared, thanks again.

Thanks for the update. Glad you got sorted.

Same problem back again:( any idea what to try next or is it time to make a phone call?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

nudger wrote: »
    Same problem back again:( any idea what to try next or is it time to make a phone call?

Could be when you replaced the batteries the sensor did not loose all it power.
    Usually taking out the battery and putting a cable across the positive and negative terminal disperses the power. Remove the cable then put the new battery back in.

Hopefully this clears the problem for you.

altor wrote: »
    Could be when you replaced the batteries the sensor did not loose all it power.
    Usually taking out the battery and putting a cable across the positive and negative terminal disperses the power. Remove the cable then put the new battery back in.

Hopefully this clears the problem for you.

Haven't had a chance to do that yet maybe on Monday when the area is quiet as the bell box goes off.
    The alarm went off twice last night, first time I checked the doors hadn't been messed with, set it again and stayed up to see if anything would happen.
    Half an hour later it went off again, no one messing with the doors and this being the zone activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

nudger wrote: »
    Haven't had a chance to do that yet maybe on Monday when the area is quiet as the bell box goes off.
    The alarm went off twice last night, first time I checked the doors hadn't been messed with, set it again and stayed up to see if anything would happen.
    Half an hour later it went off again, no one messing with the doors and this being the zone activated.

Might be an issue with the sensor heads either.
    If you open the sensor and remove the head, twist the two cables together and see if that clears the fault for a few days. If it does the replace the sensor head.

Advertisement