Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are people on Adverts asking for the manufacture dates for XBOX S 250GBs?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Limericks wrote: »
    So guess what. I opened it up and the board was...... A trinity!

An xmas 2012 console bundle with an MFR of june 2011 and a trinity board. What the hell are the odds!

justryan I hope you are just as lucky as I am.

Ah sweet goes to show the only way you can know for certain is to crack it open ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

So guess what. I opened it up and the board was...... A trinity!

An xmas 2012 console bundle with an MFR of june 2011 and a trinity board. What the hell are the odds!

justryan I hope you are just as lucky as I am.

That's crazy! Will you consider dual NAND now or still happy without?

You seem experienced at this so the equipment you order will be a good guide for me... along of course... with the guide I am using :)

There is less to do on a Trinity though, yeah?
    justryan wrote: »
    Ah sweet goes to show the only way you can know for certain is to crack it open ;)

Yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

dusf wrote: »
    That's crazy! Will you consider dual NAND now or still happy without?

You seem experienced at this so the equipment you order will be a good guide for me... along of course... with the guide I am using :)

There is less to do on a Trinity though, yeah?

Yeah!

Well what I bought was the following:

coolrunner 3 Lite for the glitch
    J-r programmer to program the coolrunner and to read the nand

And the following which I dont need as I only got just incase it was a corona
    4gb nand r/w kit
    postfix adapter for corona.

A trinity is a heck of allot easier to glitch. Just solder wires from the j-r to the board and wires from the cr3 to the board and j-runner and xell does everything else.

I will be doing my board tomorrow as its getting too late now and I would rather not solder when tired :) Will report back with results!

Here is where I bought my RGH supplies: http://www.modsupplier.com

They are australian but I got my stuff in two days with express shipping (20 euro)

all in all a trinity should cost about 50 euro with regular shipping.

http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/xecuter-jr-programmer-p-1054.html
    http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/xecuter-coolrunner-v3-lite-cr3-p-1041.html

Might find it cheaper elsewhere but they accept card :)

As for dual nand. I may do that in the future but for now it is not a priority :)

343nk34.jpg

Ouch the price has gone back up to 289.97 euro, the two of mine look like Trinitys judging by the MFR date but I will open them when I get a chance to confirm.

So I decided to try mod and got a bunch of errors reading the nand. Probably because of my cheap iron not allowing me to do a good job soldering so I ordered this. Will try to mod again once I get it as I don't want to feck up the board.

So I decided to try mod and got a bunch of errors reading the nand. Probably because of my cheap iron not allowing me to do a good job soldering so I ordered this. Will try to mod again once I get it as I don't want to feck up the board.

Upload some pictures of your soldering here and I'll see if I can advise you.

Yup they are Trinity motherboards on the 2.0.12146 dashboard out of the box

What wattage will you set the 60W iron to for the XBOX? I was considering a weller non-variable iron from Amazon, I would like a variable but I am not sure I would use it enough to justify the expense.

Have you read reviews or anything on the iron you have ordered?

• Advertisement

Yup they are Trinity motherboards on the 2.0.12146 dashboard out of the box

How many XBOX RGH consoles are you selling?

I read before it might be risky advertising them on eBay, but there's nothing illegal about modding the XBOX and putting homebrew on it once you do not practice or encourage piracy, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is 60w not far too hot for that type of work?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Is 60w not far too hot for that type of work?

Wit a variable you can vary the wattage up to 60 watt :)

I have read before that if you are good at soldering you should use 30 or 40 watt, and even 45 watt, but if you are a beginner use a lower wattage although this takes longer to melt the metal and can damage the board because of the time the iron is on it.

What wattage do you find works best?

What wattage do you find works best?

For consoles I've never needed to use anything higher than 15/20w. The solder points on the underside of the 360's power block required a 30w though, but thats the exception rather than the rule imo

Upload some pictures of your soldering here and I'll see if I can advise you.
    I already de soldered it but thanks anyway :)
    What wattage will you set the 60W iron to for the XBOX? I was considering a weller non-variable iron from Amazon, I would like a variable but I am not sure I would use it enough to justify the expense.

Have you read reviews or anything on the iron you have ordered?

I will probably set the iron somewhere between 300-350 degrees.

I haven't read any reviews no but I know having a solder station is better than using a cheapy 20 euro iron from maplin like I was using.

I actually may have wrecked the points and will have to cut traces to do the hack using the cheapy iron. I need to get a multimeter to find out. I don't have one handy as I have no idea where my one is gone too.

I was also using lead free solder as it is all I had at hand. Don't do that... trust me :P

I also was using flux grease. I prefer something like this

Really should've gotten better supplies but I was excited to try the hack :)

For consoles I've never needed to use anything higher than 15/20w. The solder points on the underside of the 360's power block required a 30w though, but thats the exception rather than the rule imo
    I haven't read any reviews no but I know having a solder station is better than using a cheapy 20 euro iron from maplin like I was using.

I actually may have wrecked the points and will have to cut traces to do the hack using the cheapy iron. I need to get a multimeter to find out. I don't have one handy as I have no idea where my one is gone too.

What about a 20W name brand like Weller? I will buy a soldering station if I have to but they seem a lot more expensive.

Enternow, what were you doing with the solder block?

XBOX 360 arrived this morning :)

When I bought it I noticed it made noise when being moved, but I think that is just the fan etc moving around inside, is that normal with trinities?

It's also disappointingly noisy when on, almost as bad as the old sky digital box we have, maybe there's some mod I could do to quiten it.

I went throught the initial setup this morning, and the system wanted to run some update to test XBOX Live - currently it is on Dashboard 2.0.9199.0 - is there any reason not to allow it to update, any reason doing so would interfere with my plans to RGH and dual NAND?

• Advertisement

What about a 20W name brand like Weller? I will buy a soldering station if I have to but they seem a lot more expensive

I've done everything from making arcade jamma test rigs to jtags all with cheap Maplin soldering irons {15w, 20w & 30w + selection of tips}. The more expensive ones including stations are ideal, but there's no real need to go spending big money unless your doing some real delicate stuff. I've never bothered with the RGH so can't comment on the soldering side of it, maybe high temps are needed?[/QUOTE]

Internal hdd mod for a jtag

n2bak3.jpg

2rnfqr6.jpg

2e5mt1y.jpg

1zqpipu.jpg

2u469ab.jpg

What about a 20W name brand like Weller? I will buy a soldering station if I have to but they seem a lot more expensive.

XBOX 360 arrived this morning :)

When I bought it I noticed it made noise when being moved, but I think that is just the fan etc moving around inside, is that normal with trinities?

It's also disappointingly noisy when on, almost as bad as the old sky digital box we have, maybe there's some mod I could do to quiten it.

I went throught the initial setup this morning, and the system wanted to run some update to test XBOX Live - currently it is on Dashboard 2.0.9199.0 - is there any reason not to allow it to update, any reason doing so would interfere with my plans to RGH and dual NAND?

Weller are a good brand and 20w is perfect for the job. The joints you will be making are small so you don't need constant heat. Just remember your prep work. Flux and tinning :)

Can't say I notcied my xbox making noise when moving but it may have as I was not paying much attention to that :)

Fan seemed ok too as far as xbox's go.

I've done everything from making arcade jamma test rigs to jtags all with cheap Maplin soldering irons {15w, 20w & 30w + selection of tips}. The more expensive ones including stations are ideal, but there's no real need to go spending big money unless your doing some real delicate stuff. I've never bothered with the RGH so can't comment on the soldering side of it, maybe high temps are needed?
    Weller are a good brand and 20w is perfect for the job. The joints you will be making are small so you don't need constant heat. Just remember your prep work. Flux and tinning :)

Can't say I notcied my xbox making noise when moving but it may have as I was not paying much attention to that :)

Fan seemed ok too as far as xbox's go.

20W Weller soldering iron it is then, thanks :)

I can hear it churning away now, sounds as loud as the old sky digital box and I can hear it from the other side of this room about 10 metres away. It seems to work fine though.

Maybe one of you could tilt your Trinity, if you have one, left and then right when off to listen and see if you hear what sounds like the fan moving?

From what I have read I think it's okay for me to allow the update so I can use Live, but I am uncertain with plans to RGH and then dual now if I should do this, do any of you know?

From the guide the most relevant info re upgrading the dash is:
    (RGH) Can be done on phats or slims (very unlikely to RROD) with any dashboard

(The next part I think only applies to phats?)
    Additionally when it comes to the RGH exploit there are actually two versions. RGH1 has better boot times but it stopped working after dash 14699 and only works on phat consoles (also some refurbs on this dash had their CB patched so that they cannot use RGH1 either). You will check your CB in the guide to make sure if RGH is your method). If your CB was patched, you are above 14699, or you have a slim you will have to use RGH2.

90yLc0d.png
    ALSO, if you have a phat and are RGH'ing it and you plan to use the DemoN you might have a dash that says can use the RGH wiring if your console is applicable; however, regardless on what method the flow chart says to can use you need update it to 14719 and use the RGH2 wiring if you plant to use the DemoN AND go online with a stock NAND. DON'T try to update over LIVE, use the official USB/CD method: http://e-arena.blogspot.com/2012/04/xbox360-official-dashboard-update.html
    Otherwise you can use the RGH1 wiring (if your console applies) as long as neither NAND image you want to use goes above 14669.

Am I reading this right, I need to update to 14719 unofficially and no higher?

I know that any dash can be RGH'd 16203 being the latest. Not too sure about the dual nand though as I am not too versed on it but I do not see how it would be any different.

I know that any dash can be RGH'd 16203 being the latest. Not too sure about the dual nand though as I am not too versed on it but I do not see how it would be any different.

I think if you are abov 14719 and do not have your CPU key, or an old NAND dump you need extra hardware to enabled the DemoN dual NAND - I am still investigating.

• Advertisement

I think if you are abov 14719 and do not have your CPU key, or an old NAND dump you need extra hardware to enabled the DemoN dual NAND - I am still investigating.

If your going to dual nand your Xbox you need to update the retail nand to the latest dash board and then glitch your Xbox flashing the glitched nand to your demon.

If your going to dual nand your Xbox you need to update the retail nand to the latest dash board and then glitch your Xbox flashing the glitched nand to your demon.

Hi, thanks for the reply but doing it that way I will need additional hardware for the install.

Using the DemoN to dual NAND if you have your Dashboard at 14719 or below you can extract your CPU key.

Then you glitch, and then update the stock NAND to 16203, but apparently there is no reason to update the DemoN RGH NAND to 16203 as that is more recent and unstable.

Hi, thanks for the reply but doing it that way I will need additional hardware for the install.

Using the DemoN to dual NAND if you have your Dashboard at 14719 or below you can extract your CPU key.

Then you glitch, and then update the stock NAND to 16203, but apparently there is no reason to update the DemoN RGH NAND to 16203 as that is more recent and unstable.

I never had any issues re stability with 16203, you'll want the lastest dashboard version on your glitch Xbox so you can use the latest dashlaunch patches

Think I may have buggered my j-r reader. Got 2 cables backwards (blue / green) and getting nothing but 0x000000 cannot continue errors. Have a v2 on the way to me anyway as mine was a v1. Still annoying.

Checked the resistors using my multimeter and 2 resistors are blown. My bad :P

Think I may have buggered my j-r reader. Got 2 cables backwards (blue / green) and getting nothing but 0x000000 cannot continue errors. Have a v2 on the way to me anyway as mine was a v1. Still annoying.

Checked the resistors using my multimeter and 2 resistors are blown. My bad :P

Might sound silly but do you have the Xbox power cable connected and Xbox in stand by when reading the nand?

Might sound silly but do you have the Xbox power cable connected and Xbox in stand by when reading the nand?

Haha yes. I remember when I was doing a jtag for the first time years ago I had forgot to plug in the xbox and got super pissed at the xbox I went online and ordered the QSB's for the nand-x. after I ordered I seen it was the power.

I don't think patrick stewart could face palm as much as I did that day.

Advertisement