Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How often to change routine?

• 27-03-2013 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭

How's it going everyone,

Just wondering for the gym heads, how often do you change your workouts and how much do you change them?

I know some people who will change up their whole routine (what muscle groups are worked on which days), and then other who will just change what exercises they do with muscle groups.

Personally I don't think I do it enough, not that I'm hitting Plateau's or anything, just to keep me movitated to go.

I'd change up what exercises I do maybe once every 3-4 months.. Would like to know everyone elses opinion on how often and how much you change :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Proper recovery is probably more important than change. I do take the odd week off every eight to ten weeks.

As far as changing stuff goes, I don't really. Might do more rep sets some weeks. 15+ reps at stuff when I feel the need like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I've upped my weights every 3 weeks for the past 4 months. I think I'll change my program when the next change is due or its going to get boring soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Roughly every 8 weeks for me. I'm on a cutting routine now for summer Started Tuesday 2nd... Gotta get my sexy on for the beach, lol. Ill probably stick with it till i get to holidays or get below 10% bf. at 14% now. Reminds me how much I like cardio :rolleyes:

Advertisement