Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sagan Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Why so serious, Eamonnator?

I'm having a bad day.
    I'm feeling guilty, because I wimped out of a spin this morning.
    I'm replacing the headset on my Canyon and trying to source one for less than €80 is giving me a pain in my b****x.
    It's cold, it's threatening to snow.
    One of my bikes is filthy and I don't want to get cold washing it.

Edit.
    Thanks for asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kevingonewest

buffalo wrote: »
    DU3ff1lX4AAuXOb.jpg:large
    Other than the horse everyone involved or depicted in this poster is a proper eejit, except it is Sagan and all is good with the world

I just hope the white sworks he presented to the Pope last week had a Claris groupset and was not Bora race spec :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Re the Sagan on a horse poster.

It was created because KBK on the Sunday after Omloop suffers a bit in the shadow of Omloop being the first of the spring classics and they decided to go on a bit of a 'marketing push'. I'm presuming that Sagan has committed to riding KBK - the only spring race he won in 2017.

Why the horse? It is borrowing from the famous painting of the emporer Napoleon, (stick with me...Napoleon as in 'Battle of Waterloo', near Brussels... ) on his horse,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_Crossing_the_Alps
    Napoleon4.jpeg?1331584975

with Sagan ......well, ....'wheelieing' a horse....... on cobbles......with adoring fans rather than soldiers in the background, yeah.

Belgians, eh?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Careful - potential race spoiler....

As there us no thread for Tirenno-Adriatico, Sagan fans might want to catch the last 7km of so of todays stage 6.
    Gaviria
    went down right in front of Sagan, who reacted fast and skillfully enough to stage on board, but someone clipped his rear wheel and broke it, leaving him to change it and try to chase back on - which he did, in spades. He displayed lots of skill in moving up the remains of the peloton including bunny-hopping a roundabout to contest the sprint.
    Luck, or skill, always worth watching

https://youtu.be/R7AOuwf8YIE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

That was some finish

Unreal effort, did you spot him earlier in the day taking a drink moving back up the pelaton and spots 2 UAE lads one aiding the other with a push during a comfort break and and give them a squirt from the bottle :pac:

I'll have a look for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Some pretty impressive training from the World Champ!

https://twitter.com/petosagan/status/1003681797765509120

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Pfft. He's only squatting 70kg :pac:

I think the deadlift off a platform/ box doesn't look biomechanically sound at all though hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

nee wrote: »

I think the deadlift off a platform/ box doesn't look biomechanically sound at all though hmm.
    Once he doesn't start taking up Crossfit, he'll be alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

nee wrote: »
    Pfft. He's only squatting 70kg :pac:

Provided the weight is relatively light, it can be a nice hamstring stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Specialized leveraging their sponsorship of the world champion's team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Someone was telling me Sagan was on a vegan diet, but a googling unearthed / confirmed nothing. Any fan-bois/gals know what he has for brekkie? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭guanciale

The dreams of the vanquished!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

fat bloke wrote: »
    Someone was telling me Sagan was on a vegan diet, but a googling unearthed / confirmed nothing. Any fan-bois/gals know what he has for brekkie? :)
    he certainly wasn't vegan last year:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz-19aFJNX8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

A big dirty steak on a bora hob says he ain't no vegan!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

He just announced on fb he's seperating from the missus. Very strange timing, during the tour on a stage day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

More like an Account hack ..or the device of someone who manages his Social Media account

Defo a hack. The difference in quality of English on the post in comparison to the normal stuff is aparent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Disgusting if it is a hack.

Would somebody not have copped it before now, if his account was hacked. It's been up for over two hours.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Would somebody not have copped it before now, if his account was hacked. It's been up for over two hours.

Not if they were in bed!

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Not if they were in bed!

They must still be in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Separate beds?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

<insert taking the piss joke here>

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭f1000

BeSpoke: the BBC's cycling podcast
    Peter Sagan: Cycling’s Rockstar

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/p06nf436

"Peter Sagan joins Tom and the team to chat about what life is really like as one of the sport’s most colourful characters. He talks about his three world titles, his secrets to nailing a bunch sprint, how he’s viewed in the peloton, and what next after losing his prestigious rainbow jersey."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

You gotta love him the mad bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

gettyimages_1162984894.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Advertisement