Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sagan Thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I think we've strayed far enough off-topic now. Sagan did wrong, he's apologised. This thread is however about him, and not about sexism in cycling, so can we please now leave further discussion of that aspect out of this thread

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Redmond101

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, I think we've strayed far enough off-topic now. Sagan did wrong, he's apologised. This thread is however about him, and not about sexism in cycling, so can we please now leave further discussion of that aspect out of this thread

Thanks

Beasty

Thank you, now lets see some more pictures of Sagan doing some wheelies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Yeaaah sexisim out sexiness in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭Plastik

art-matthew-goss-620x349.jpg

D'ya reckon Goss just pinched his bum?

• Advertisement

well thats that sorted so, flowers ftw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Pincher Sagan later won De Brabantse Pijl in a sprint finish with Philippe Gilbert

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Pincher Sagan later won De Brabantse Pijl in a sprint finish with Philippe Gilbert

was watching the race but had to leave towards the end :( he is some man for one man as they say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Just Peter Sagan being awesome!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

nut job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I reckon there must have been some kind of small ramp in front of the car to allow Sagan to get the back wheel onto the bonnet - that bonnet is quite high so I can't see how he'd have managed to avoid the chainrings hitting it (and him stalling) without kicking the back wheel up and I can spot no obvious sign of him kicking it up in that clip. If there was a ramp then obviously someone removed it while the person holding the camera was getting out of the car.

Maybe I'm just being cynical though, it's still an impressive demo of bike handling regardless, I just find myself wondering how much that video is an off-the-cuff demonstration of skill and how much it is planned and staged. Not that it matters of course, I just find the impromptu demos more fun to watch, they seem much more in keeping with his riding style.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

Fantastic piece of skill from the video editors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

doozerie wrote: »
    I reckon there must have been some kind of small ramp in front of the car to allow Sagan to get the back wheel onto the bonnet - that bonnet is quite high so I can't see how he'd have managed to avoid the chainrings hitting it (and him stalling) without kicking the back wheel up and I can spot no obvious sign of him kicking it up in that clip. If there was a ramp then obviously someone removed it while the person holding the camera was getting out of the car.

Maybe I'm just being cynical though, it's still an impressive demo of bike handling regardless, I just find myself wondering how much that video is an off-the-cuff demonstration of skill and how much it is planned and staged. Not that it matters of course, I just find the impromptu demos more fun to watch, they seem much more in keeping with his riding style.

Can it not just be a bit of craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

fat bloke wrote: »
    Can it not just be a bit of craic?

I never said it wasn't.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

931187_10151720282149467_776155244_n.jpg

New livery for his TDF bike

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^
    that's pretty cool!

I did prefer the 'Tourminator' from last year though :P

NIK7361-661x440.jpg

NIK7373-292x440.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

931187_10151720282149467_776155244_n.jpg

New livery for his TDF bike

They captured his eyebrows quite well. They need serious working on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Cheesy as fook.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Surprised noone put this up yet. Sagan doing a wheelie just before Mt Ventoux.

petersagan_original.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

According to Richard Moore Ned Boulting on his podcast, Dave Brailsford was not impressed with him possibly endangering the bunch.

The miserable pr*ck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

According to Richard Moore on his podcast, Dave Brailsford was not impressed with him possibly endangering the bunch.

The miserable pr*ck.

That makes me love Sagan even more, I'd piss Brailsford off all the time if I could :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Anyone got pics of the green goatee?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

174170213-best-sprinters-green-jersey-slovakias-peter-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QXJkzAJmNkJ3%2bOwTqsHa5FMfDlTGer%2bYILRzH0FZMoiDNoDPhpqa0tj7OyIwy7KWoQ%3d%3d

slide_309533_2722128_free.jpg?1374436170058

1339_539717729410944_807920946_n.jpg

Just doing what he does. With gorgeous women.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Just doing what he does.

I see no wheelies. Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

He The Man!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Gas character, breath of fresh air .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

A better view than the one I had seen previously. Apologies if already posted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭AnotherView

David Millar ‏Tweet - (mad me laugh)
    "Just spotted @petosagan walking through the car park, @ryder_hesjedal said, "Oh mannnn, he got a WHITE cowboy hat?!"

Advertisement