Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can the AIB visa debit card go minus??

Options
  • 27-03-2013 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Can the AIB visa debit card you get when you open a current account go minus?? As in if I used it like a credit card to purchases an item off the internet with nothing in my bank account, would the payment go through and my account go minus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Overdraft i believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

listermint wrote: »
    Overdraft i believe.

If you have that agreed with your bank

No overdraft, payment declined

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Not for me if I'm short a cent its rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

If your account has an overdraft facility then ya but you would have to request an overdraft be placed on your account.. If you didn't ask for an overdraft your account can't go minus

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No overdraft, payment declined

Not nessecarily true. Many storees/merchants have what is called a floor limit, which is a figure (e.g. €150) under which transactions aren't nessecarily authorised live by the bank. Therefore you might make a purchase and subsquently find the bank has honoured the charge when it's been processed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement