Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Refused JSA

• 27-03-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I got a letter this morning saying
    My spouse weekly Means are greater
    And the last paragraph says

You are not entitled to sign for credits.

My signing date was 4/4/13 does it mean I don't
    need to go for the signing. I have never dealt
    with social before, tried calling no one was
    picking the phone

Many thanks
    Cheese1234

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

cheese1234 wrote: »
    I got a letter this morning saying
    My spouse weekly Means are greater
    And the last paragraph says

You are not entitled to sign for credits.

My signing date was 4/4/13 does it mean I don't
    need to go for the signing. I have never dealt
    with social before, tried calling no one was
    picking the phone

Many thanks
    Cheese1234

I'd get up early o'clock in the morning and get round there. Welfare are notorious for not answering the phone.

Take the refusal letter with you, as well as any supporting documentation, like your spouse's wage slips.

I don't understand why you can't sign for credits. I would question that with them too.

You can also make a formal appeal. Someone else was asking about this last week, and I gave them the website. I'll have a scout round for the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

(b) Restriction on the granting of Credited Contributions

In some cases credits are not awarded even though the person may be receiving a social insurance Benefit or Allowance. This arises from the restriction contained in the Statutory provisions which state that where there is a gap of two complete consecutive years in the person's employment contribution or credited contribution record, then no credits may be awarded. Appropriate social insurance contributions paid in another EU country can count for the purpose of bridging this gap of contributions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cheese1234

eastbono wrote: »
    (b) Restriction on the granting of Credited Contributions

In some cases credits are not awarded even though the person may be receiving a social insurance Benefit or Allowance. This arises from the restriction contained in the Statutory provisions which state that where there is a gap of two complete consecutive years in the person's employment contribution or credited contribution record, then no credits may be awarded. Appropriate social insurance contributions paid in another EU country can count for the purpose of bridging this gap of contributions.

I think that's my case I lost my job in Dec 2009. Was waiting for my kids to grow. I really wanted to do the job bridge programme but it seems a dead end for me.

Many thanks

cheese1234

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭rigu

I think that's my case I lost my job in Dec 2009. Was waiting for my kids to grow. I really wanted to do the job bridge programme but it seems a dead end for me.

Many thanks

cheese1234

my husband is in the same situation, he lost his job in 2009, JSA payment has been suspended , no more credits....
    we are now appealing the decision, so will see what's next...in the meantime he applied for local SWO, 2weeks now and no decision has been made yet..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Many thanks

cheese1234

What about FAS? or REGESA?

http://www.regsa.org/

• Advertisement
Advertisement