Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching from BTEA to Jobseekers Allowance for summer

• 27-03-2013 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently receiving BTEA and received a letter today stating that I can apply for JA for the summer months and to ring and make an appointment and fill out the appropriate forms.

Does this mean you have to do an interview to be accepted for jobseekers allowance for the summer and have proof you are looking for jobs etc - even though I will be in college until mid-May with exams etc? Just a little confused about how it all works. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Ring and make an appointment set for immediately after your exams are over. Bring with you a letter from the college confirming that your academic year is over. If your financial circumstances are the same as they were when you were accepted for BTEA your Jobseekers Payment should resume for the summer, assuming you haven't found work. They won't expect you to have been looking for jobs while doing your exams but you will be expected to look for a job for the summer and take it for the period before continuing your college course and going back on BTEA when term starts, with the usual proofs from the college then re attendance etc.

Advertisement