Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice Needed

• 27-03-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am having a nightmare with social welfare at the moment and feel like I am running around in circles.

I am a 35+ female, no spouse/dependents. I moved to Dublin in 2011 for work and rented out my previous house in Offaly to pay the mortgage (rent was 650pm).

I lost my job in early Jan and applied for JSA almost straight away. While waiting to hear about the claim, I have been living on severance package. At the beginning of this month, my tenants left and I have temporarily moved back to my house while I look for work.

While sorting out the change of application, the Dun Laoghaire social welfare office informed me that they had 'lost' my file and also that the rent 'income' I received pretty much negated any arrears, so I think my claim is now from the beginning of march when my tenants moved.

I went to the Dun Laoghaire office last week to change my address and was told that was done. I then went to my new social welfare office yesterday to try and figure out what the status of my claim was and was told they had no record of it. The woman there told me she's now put in the official transfer.

Does anyone know how long this is likely to take? She said I could go to the CWO for supplementary welfare allowance.

I went this morning and they told me they couldn't process that payment because they can't see the file.

I'm just about at the end of my rope, coming into another long weekend that will take things even longer to process and have less than €100 to my name.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm really starting to worry how I'll be able to live. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement