Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Weeks 5 and 6), Mar 28th-Apr 2nd, 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Looking forward to our trip to Tallaght. Should make for an interesting game. After a bad result at home to Derry we really need to get something, while rovers can't seem to score - something will have to give, 1-1 would do I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

Info here for any Pats fans traveling to Limerick on Saturday: http://www.limerickfc.ie/info-for-st-pats-fans

If you are driving I would recommend taking the Limerick tunnel (you can see the ground from the toll plaza and it'll take under two hours from the Red Cow to Thomond Park).:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Anyone travelling to Tallaght on Good Friday themselves, there's no trams operating between the Red Cow and Tallaght over Easter:

http://www.luas.ie/red-line-easter-closure.html

A replacement bus service operates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Shels against Dundalk again? On Easter Monday? :eek:

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Shels against Dundalk again? On Easter Monday? :eek:

Bohemians

(fixed, thanks)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Loss up in LD, and we'll beat Boez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dfx- wrote: »
    Bohemians

(fixed, thanks)
    Dundalk's game against Pats is taking place on Tuesday 2nd April rather than Friday 29th as stated above. Dundalk are an absolute machine of a team these days but not sure if we're ready to play two games in two days just yet!

Anyway Louth derby on Thursday should be a cracker. First time in a while I'm confident going into it.

Loss up in LD, and we'll beat Boez.

Draw at the Brandywell, 2:0 win against Boez ;)

But it's a 7pm kick off in Tolka, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lars1916 wrote: »

Draw at the Brandywell, 2:0 win against Boez ;)

But it's a 7pm kick off in Tolka, isn't it?

It's 7pm according to Bohs official site anyway. Ps 2-0 to TenManShels? Not a hope, brother :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Choo Choo!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Really not confident going into either game really.

Sligo are looking very dominant and with the crappy pitch Bohs just can't play the type of game they want to play.

Shelbourne look like they're starting to sort themselves out so could be a very tricky game.

I'd take two draws right now but Shelbourne should be the game we look to win.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Sligo will most likely beat us, possibly by a several goals.

Quietly confident we can get 3 points in Tolka.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

That_Guy wrote: »

Shelbourne look like they're starting to sort themselves out so could be a very tricky game.

Pfft Shels are ****e, easy 3 points :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bohs is the sort of game we will need to be winning if we are to finish outside the bottom 2.

Don't expect to take anything from Derry.

We're going to have to win eventually, and yeah, Bohs are the kind of side we should be targetting.

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's 7pm according to Bohs official site anyway. Ps 2-0 to TenManShels? Not a hope, brother :)

Thanks for the kick off time :)

But no, Shels won't concede a goal, the reason is called Niall Burdon. I stick with 2:0 Shels, Philly Hughes header after a corner kick, and Mark Leech with a counter attack :D

On another note, bringing my girlfriend to her first LOI game on Friday, which is a double victory because her Father and Brother are Rovers fans :)

bringing my girlfriend to her first LOI game

I hate bringing women to football, can't be my usual foul mouthed self. :(

I've warned her I won't be my usual mild mannered self

I've warned her I won't be my usual mild mannered self

My mother came to the Cup Final against Sligo and it was the first time she'd heard me swearing, I tried for so long in that match not to call the ref a cúnt, but I had to by the end.

I'm a grown, married man, but my mother still schlapped me that day :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

I hate bringing women to football, can't be my usual foul mouthed self. :(

Doesn't stop me. She started off as one of these "I don't even like football" types and now she's a Drogs season ticket holder who gets wound up worse than I do!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Brought the wife to a match many moons ago.....she never asked to go to another one.....job done!

I would never bring the OH to a match, after she (by mistake or on purpose) thought, I support Shamrock Rovers :eek:

;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I bring my OH to games, she hasn't a clue what's going on and I try my best not to give any information that may lead to more questions and having to give long explanations.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pfft, women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

So glad I can make Rovers game on Friday.

Always one my favourite games of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I had an OH who used to come to games with me, but then she died.

Died/Cheated on me. Whatever.

e46ee7ffac2db7dfd5d17673d5d67695.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I had an OH who used to come to games with me, but then she died.

Died/Cheated on me. Whatever.

]

You're better off so.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Pfft, women.

It's not an "anti woman" or some "sexist" thing, I know loads of Shels supporting women.

It's just certain people shouldn't be at football, like people who don't like football, and ones mother and/or wife.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

It's not an "anti woman" or some "sexist" thing, I know loads of Shels supporting women.

It's just certain people shouldn't be at football, like people who don't like football, and ones mother and/or wife.
    My mother has started going to games with her partner. First game I saw her at was away to Pats last year. Didn't realise she was going.

Imagine running into your mother randomly in Richmond park. Yeah. It was a surreal experience for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Really not confident going into either game really.

Sligo are looking very dominant and with the crappy pitch Bohs just can't play the type of game they want to play.
    The crap pitch will actually be your best chance of getting something out of it I'd say.

The way we've played recently you wouldn't be allowed play the way you want anyway.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    The crap pitch will actually be your best chance of getting something out of it I'd say.

I disagree, we try and play the ball quick on the ground. As shown against rovers we couldn't utilise the extra space when they went down to 10.

Also youse can just hoof the ball up to Elding who's a beast of a player whereas we've David ****ing Scully who has developed a penchant for falling over from a gust of wind! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Hoping for 6pts for Derry v Shels and Bray.

On another note, bringing my girlfriend to her first LOI game on Friday, which is a double victory because her Father and Brother are Rovers fans :)

Possible marriage into a Rovers family there, what more could you ask for :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Brought the wife to a match many moons ago.....she never asked to go to another one.....job done!

Snap :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone travelling to Tallaght on Good Friday themselves, there's no trams operating between the Red Cow and Tallaght over Easter:

http://www.luas.ie/red-line-easter-closure.html

A replacement bus service operates.

Just a heads up for anyone using that replacement bus, it's a pain, used to get stung the odd time before/after college if the LUAS wasn't running properly! If you're coming from town just get the 27!

As for our matches, we generally always perform well up in Derry but they should be too much for us this season, gutted to be missing this due to work as it's going to be a serious trip.

Onto Bohs, hoping for 3 points but can't see us getting more than the draw unfortunately, going to have to blag my way out of work an hour or two early by the looks! :mad:

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    I disagree, we try and play the ball quick on the ground. As shown against rovers we couldn't utilise the extra space when they went down to 10.

Also youse can just hoof the ball up to Elding who's a beast of a player whereas we've David ****ing Scully who has developed a penchant for falling over from a gust of wind! :pac:

Fúck. Forgot about Scully. Any word on Lyons yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I was being sarcastic. I wouldn't even bring my female friends that don't have a good interest in the game with me and I certainly don't blame fellas for not bringing their women.

My mother came to the Cup Final against Sligo and it was the first time she'd heard me swearing, I tried for so long in that match not to call the ref a cúnt, but I had to by the end.

The red card happened early on, you never had a chance :pac:
    Just a heads up for anyone using that replacement bus, it's a pain, used to get stung the odd time before/after college if the LUAS wasn't running properly! If you're coming from town just get the 27!

When the same thing happened a couple of years ago, the buses were being mixed from all the garages in Dublin - as well as the normal Tallaght or Clondalkin routes - and they subsequently got lost...

Fúck. Forgot about Scully. Any word on Lyons yet?

Still out afaik :(

• Advertisement

Still out afaik :(

Balls. Early days but he looks a real threat in front of goal. Easily our best outlet against Rovers. Hoping we don't struggle too much without him.

The red card happened early on, you never had a chance

AND it was Winters, he hasn't reffed us since, suspiciously enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Possible marriage into a Rovers family there, what more could you ask for :cool:

A suicide bomber at the wedding? :cool:

My head says we can get a result tomorrow but my heart says we're gonna get thumped! :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

My head says we can get a result tomorrow but my heart says we're gonna get thumped! :L
    ye wont get thumped were nowhere near are best yet just grinding out results. looking forward to having a fully fit squad then teams will be worried. should be a good game. with us taking three points home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Hmmmm, Dundalk destroyers a goal down at half time to the stinkin' Drogs. Camera's may prove me wrong (doubtful, I'm very rarely wrong) but their goal looked a yard offside.

Stirring second half comeback in the pipeline. Kenny currently rousing the troops with an 'inches' like speech.

Pighead wrote: »
    Hmmmm, Dundalk destroyers a goal down at half time to the stinkin' Drogs. Camera's may prove me wrong (doubtful, I'm very rarely wrong) but their goal looked a yard offside.

Stirring second half comeback in the pipeline. Kenny currently rousing the troops with an 'inches' like speech.

Extratime said there was no protests from the players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

As a Sligo fan living in Dublin, had convince the wife we should stay in Dublin for Easter :) Dayler and the Bowl happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

HE DID IT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Drama.:eek:

2-2 in Oriel Park.

2 goals in a minute.

Drogs down to 10 men

• Advertisement
Advertisement