Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Weeks 5 and 6), Mar 28th-Apr 2nd, 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

born2bwild wrote: »
    Everything goes through Chambers - -that's what Croly is relying on?

Shams might as well give up now.

Means Finn doesn't get on the ball and the centre halves and full backs don't want to give the ball to Chambers in case he gets dispossessed as it needs to be a perfect ball, so they lump it up the wing or to Quigley instead, 40m from the penalty box with his back to goal.

For Foran and McGuinness/Oman, read Browne and Kenna last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dfx- wrote: »
    Means Finn doesn't get on the ball and the centre halves and full backs don't want to give the ball to him in case he gets dispossessed as it needs to be a perfect ball, so they lump it up the wing or to Quigley instead, 40m from the penalty box with his back to goal.

Chambers still fat? :pac:

Crolly out :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Everything goes through Chambers

That'll be all the junk food!!

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Feel a bit stupid now predicting 3rd for us, but that prediction was in 2013 BE (before Eldinho) so I get a pass.

Ohh Anthony Elding...

Huge game on Tuesday for Shams in Limerick. Hopefully we'll do a professional job on UCD the day before and put more pressure on them to get a win down there.

For the love of humanity, go easy on those poor souls!!

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Chambers still fat? :pac:

Crolly out :pac:

Nah - he beat Pats 3-0, he can stay :pac:

in fairness hes hardly going to move far :pac:

that role needs a bolger...a filthy dirty bastard who can play.

its the conclusion Bucko came too. other than than coming 3rd and losing another cup final it seems to work :(

Yet only three points ahead of us despite playing two games more. He sure can!!

Means Finn doesn't get on the ball and the centre halves and full backs don't want to give the ball to Chambers in case he gets dispossessed as it needs to be a perfect ball, so they lump it up the wing or to Quigley instead, 40m from the penalty box with his back to goal.

Ehh no, Chambers picked the ball up plenty of times last season from Kenna and Browne. They certainly weren't lumping it.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Ehh no, Chambers picked the ball up plenty of times last season from Kenna and Browne. They certainly weren't lumping it.

I know he did, that's the point. That's what Foran and McGuinness/Oman have been doing, except it doesn't work when he is man-marked like tonight.

Browne and Kenna were making the same sloppy mistakes as Rovers tonight at the back when Finn pressurised Chambers in Tallaght last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Next time we play Rovers, please add on no more than 3 minutes.

• Advertisement

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Next time we play Rovers, please add on no more than 3 minutes.

Dublin time is GMT+ 2 minutes

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Feel a bit stupid now predicting 3rd for us, but that prediction was in 2013 BE (before Eldinho) so I get a pass.

I'd be shocked if Sligo don't win the league. We actually played okay last night. Got the ball down and kept possession well at times. There was never really a danger of us causing an upset though, there was a definite gulf in class between the teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sligo will cruise to the league alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Definitely hard to see past Sligo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Early days yet but Shamrock Rovers need to up the game a bit considering the players that were signed over the winter. Holding possession is all well and good but the ball needs to get into the box to score goals.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Have to agree we're huge favourites. That Bohs team are very good, will take points from a lot of people this year and we made them look like kids. And we still have North, Ventre, Ndo, Peers and Conneely to come back in.

Pat's fans commentary of the match against Limerick in Thomond! Kicked off fifteen minutes ago, still nil all

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/st-pats-live-commentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Pats up 1-0 vs Limerick

Penalty by Killian Brennan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Very impressed with Sligo, a class act. Could have won by as many as they wanted.
    Elding is immense. The half time kickabout was hilarious!:)

• Advertisement

bohsboy wrote: »
    Very impressed with Sligo, a class act. Could have won by as many as they wanted.
    Elding is immense. The half time kickabout was hilarious!:)
    Actually really enjoyed that at half time too. The two Sligo lads were shocking! They'll never hear the end of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sligo weren't so hot in the 1st game of the season at the Brandywell. If we had went for it, I would say we could have given them a bit of bother. We started off looking for the 0-0 imho.

Then again, maybe they could have stepped it up if they had wanted to?But sure-fire favs for the league.

It was the first game of the season to be fair. And we did win it. Away. Against the team currently in second.

I'd say thats good enough for anyone.

Full Time : Limerick 0-1 St pats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

NIMAN wrote: »
    Sligo weren't so hot in the 1st game of the season at the Brandywell. If we had went for it, I would say we could have given them a bit of bother. We started off looking for the 0-0 imho.

Then again, maybe they could have stepped it up if they had wanted to?But sure-fire favs for the league.
    were still not playing the best we can but when we have a fully fit squad we will be very exciting to watch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

bohsboy wrote: »
    The half time kickabout was hilarious!:)

A couple of them were incredibly bad.

Great 3 points for Pat's down in Limerick tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

More penalty controversy at a Limerick game...the "honorable" Buttimer gives a pen for a blatant dive, after last week Limerick are refused a pen...

We certainly didn't deserve anything out of the game mind you, we played quiet poor, but the penalty was a genuine disgrace

More penalty controversy at a Limerick game...the "honorable" Buttimer gives a pen for a blatant dive, after last week Limerick are refused a pen...

We certainly didn't deserve anything out of the game mind you, we played quiet poor, but the penalty was a genuine disgrace

Ya it was a blatant dive. St Pats kept things simple and in the end got the result. Limericks passing was very poor at times. Won only one header from a corner I think, and that was in injury time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Ya it was a blatant dive. St Pats kept things simple and in the end got the result. Limericks passing was very poor at times. Won only one header from a corner I think, and that was in injury time.

Tonight was the poorest we've played...really missed Dave O'Leary tonight and Folan at the back looked awful tonight

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Huge game on Tuesday for Shams in Limerick. Hopefully we'll do a professional job on UCD the day before and put more pressure on them to get a win down there.
    As professional as last season in Belfield I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Blah blah blah rabble rabble Pats one nil rabble rabble...

POW!

LTFC two down after ten.
    LTFC two behind after fifty.
    LTFC win four three with 93 on the clock.

GET IN! Top of the league! :D

• Advertisement

good win for us, battled for it and earned it. Should have put the game to bed in 1st half but they came at us in 2nd half and we held out. Strange us doing that we usually concede around then.

Gamble and Bradley were quality, suppose you get what you pay for but we were too good for them in the middle.

one of the best LOI away trips i have ever been on. cracking day out with pats fans, rubber now but worth it, superb day out and fair play to train people and limerick lads for sorting it.

new song lads
    Junkie boys we are here ohh ohh junkie boys we are here ohh ohh junkie boys we are here shag their women sell them gear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

We had some win tonight away to cobh....top of the league

Extratime say there was about 3000 at Thomond last night.

That's not bad for Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Great crowd in Limerick, must be the highest attendance of the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The official attendance at Thomond was 2305 according to a guy on twitter.

Shams/Cork was about 3500-4000 according to their forum. Their forum is great craic BTW. Season is over and Croly is a terrible manager after 5 games according to some of them.

2305 said in the stadium too, had us on one side and them on the other.

Only for Garda and stewards we didnt see anyone from Limerick :O

Well run by pats and limerick.

Stella Artois Cidre is piss, sell it in Thomand. Nice stadium tbh

540158_524681010904690_453724381_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Are the away fans in the opposite stand to the Limerick fans or are they all thrown in the same stand?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

BOHtox wrote: »
    Are the away fans in the opposite stand to the Limerick fans or are they all thrown in the same stand?

They were in the opposite when I was there for the Cork game.

Ya last night the Pats fans were on their own side as well.

Got a pic of it :p

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanReidy_/status/318099792708399104/photo/1

For once it would be nice to hang on. Over 15 minutes to do so. Be nice win, but I can see 1-1 being full time score and more disappointment.

• Advertisement

For once it would be nice to hang on. Over 15 minutes to do so. Be nice win, but I can see 1-1 being full time score and more disappointment.

I hope so, I have Derry to win 2-0 and Drogs to draw 1-1.

I hope so, I have Derry to win 2-0 and Drogs to draw 1-1.

BOOOOOOO!!!!!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Looks like he's right. Late pen to Drogs. 1-1. Now into 4 mins of inj time

Ha, ha, haaa, 2 out of two, it's 1-1. Not, that I put much on it but it's nice to win now and again.

Ha, ha, haaa, 2 out of two, it's 1-1. Not, that I put much on it but it's nice to win now and again.

WELL DONE SIR!!!:)

Cant say im happy though from personally point of view. That is 5 points dropped in last 3 games from goals in last 3 minutes in games.

Needs to be addressed.

Cant say im happy though from personally point of view. That is 5 points dropped in last 3 games from goals in last 3 minutes in games.

Needs to be addressed.

And I had the winner of the grand national (wish I had of put real money on that to).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Needs to be addressed.

You don't win games with Behan. He started FFS. May as well started with 10.

And I had the winner of the grand national (wish I had of put real money on that to).

who won it and the price?

When Behan was sub on Friday, he spent his time falling over. Has he bulked up?

• Advertisement

who won it and the price?

Liberty Counsel 50/1, I only had €1 E/W, so I'll get back €64.50.

Advertisement