Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Weeks 5 and 6), Mar 28th-Apr 2nd, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

:o

History repeating itself.

Would have 2 points from 2 tough away fixtures but the way the games panned out it's sickening.

With all this anaysis of performance that we have now I hope Tommy is taking steps to eradicate this major flaw in this side's makeup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Liberty Counsel 50/1, I only had €1 E/W, so I'll get back €64.50.

Nice one. I had the winner of it once. Name of horse was Timbera. It was local horse. Around 12/1. I thought the year was around 2006/07, but checked there and its 2003.

Getting old so I am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I don't want to go to Tolka tonight.

:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Probably the first winner I've ever had in the Irish, my luck in the English national is completely different, I've picked out more than I've lost. How as ever, the sport I have an interest in, I'm completely muck, today is probably the first day this season, I've gotten two scores correct.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

gimmick wrote: »
    You don't win games with Behan. He started FFS. May as well started with 10.

Just speculating but I couldn't imagine Behan doing anything beyond the 60'th minute considering his physical conditioning.

Tommy is too slow to make changes IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Sitting in the Riverside in Tolka at the moment. Poor enough crowd from both teams, it's still freezing here so that doesn't help I guess.

Bohs 1-0 after 5 minutes.

20 minutes gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

UCD 0-1 Rovers - Greene (26')

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

U.C.D 0 - 0 Sligo Rovers
    22' - Evan McMillan is being greated with some boos as he plays the ball out of defence. As expected, he is marking his brother David.

Who the hell is booing? The players?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Shels have a man sent off....shocker.....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

73' I. Ryan Red Card

3 sendings off 3 captains so far?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Ebbs wrote: »
    U.C.D 0 - 0 Sligo Rovers
    22' - Evan McMillan is being greated with some boos as he plays the ball out of defence. As expected, he is marking his brother David.

Shock horror! UCD actually have fans, believe it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Shock horror! UCD actually have fans, believe it or not.
    April fools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Shels have a man sent off....shocker.....:pac:

TenManShels March on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Matthews will hardly last much longer at Shels will he? Shambles this season

USC 0-2 Rovers - Cawley (59')

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

They are doing just fine...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Fúck off Matthews.

Some of the old boys in the main stand reckon Doolin has been seen around Tolka

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Elding still hasn't scored, it's gonna finish 3-0

OK, Aaron Greene just got one, 4-0

• Advertisement

I felt bit sorry for Shels for past few weeks if honest.

But now I just want to join the party. Its gone too funny at this stage.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Very welcome 3 points. Shels were woeful in the first half, but started the 2nd half strongly. Red card killed them.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Very welcome 3 points. Shels were woeful in the first half, but started the 2nd half strongly. Red card killed them.

They must have 9 lives ..:pac:

Was on Bohs -1 so a 2nd would have been really nice, what harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Ebbs wrote: »
    U.C.D 0 - 0 Sligo Rovers

Its his da. He always preferred David.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Jaysis that was cold :O

Wasn't a great game, we didn't play particularly well but after the good performances vs Cork and Sligo where we got nothing we deserved this!

Delany was very, very ropey at times, he didn't communicate with the back 4 at all and Luke Byrne was right to have a go at him near the end of the first half.

Thought Scully did ok, it was him who got Ryan sent off after he pushed the ball round him. Byrne had another good game aswell as Nangle and Mulcahy
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

With our board, they probably think he is doing a great job.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Probably the worst Bohs performance of the season, particularly in the second half. We were lucky enough to get away with 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

More penalty controversy at a Limerick game...the "honorable" Buttimer gives a pen for a blatant dive, after last week Limerick are refused a pen...

We certainly didn't deserve anything out of the game mind you, we played quiet poor, but the penalty was a genuine disgrace

Ya it was a blatant dive. St Pats kept things simple and in the end got the result. Limericks passing was very poor at times. Won only one header from a corner I think, and that was in injury time.

Are you off your heads lads?!! It was a definite penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Jaysis that was cold :O

Wasn't a great game, we didn't play particularly well but after the good performances vs Cork and Sligo where we got nothing we deserved this!

Delany was very, very ropey at times, he didn't communicate with the back 4 at all and Luke Byrne was right to have a go at him near the end of the first half.

Thought Scully did ok, it was him who got Ryan sent off after he pushed the ball round him. Byrne had another good game aswell as Nangle and Mulcahy
    :)

At least, someone feels compassion for the stewards in Tolka ;)

Seriously, Shels deserved a draw, but that red card? Back to the drawing board...again :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

If only this were true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Even though he did well at Longford it was the most boring football ever. Playing for draws every game. I feel your pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Are you kidding?

Ian Ryan was sent off - without Ian Ryan Shels will win the league - he has started every match this season so far. Is it any coincidence that we've got 1 point from a possible 15? I think not. Now that he's suspended things are going to change.

Sligo and this Elding clown had better look out next Saturday.

4-0 Shels.

My second April fools post of the day

Apparently one of the UCD kids had the balls to say something to Eldinho that he deemed racist. The beast was angered but chose not to flick him into the stands for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    USC 0-2 Rovers - Cawley (59')

A very taxing evening for the Universal Social Charge lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead wrote: »
    Hmmmm, Dundalk destroyers a goal down at half time to the stinkin' Drogs. Camera's may prove me wrong (doubtful, I'm very rarely wrong) but their goal looked a yard offside.
    Have finally seen a replay of the Drogs opening goal and I am now satisfied that the goal was legal. Personally I'm just glad we can put a line through this and get on with our lives.

It's been a rough few days but now that I've got a bit of closure I'm hopeful that I can get some sleep tonight. Have also called off a planned protest outside FAI's offices. Will write a letter to headquarters tomorrow morning apologising for doubting one of their esteemed officials.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Have finally seen a replay of the Drogs opening goal and I am now satisfied that the goal was legal. Personally I'm just glad we can put a line through this and get on with our lives.

It's been a rough few days but now that I've got a bit of closure I'm hopeful that I can get some sleep tonight. Have also called off a planned protest outside FAI's offices. Will write a letter to headquarters tomorrow morning apologising for doubting one of their esteemed officials.

Unfortunately for yourself, Pighead, the Saints have a spanner that is being thrown towards the direction of Dundalk's works. Accept the defeat, marvel at the footballing display that will be unleashed upon yourselves and we'll bid you good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

monkey9 wrote: »
    Unfortunately for yourself, Pighead, the Saints have a spanner that is being thrown towards the direction of Dundalk's works. Accept the defeat, marvel at the footballing display that will be unleashed upon yourselves and we'll bid you good day.
    I'm delighted that you have enjoyed your Easter festivities monkey and it's nice that you've had a few drinks to celebrate the big mans resurrection but it's important you know when to call a halt to proceedings.

The booze has obviously addled your brain and left you confused and unsure. Be certain of this monkey. Pats cannot beat Dundalk tomorrow. It's an impossibility. History and stats are against you.

STAT ATTACK-

ST PATS HAVEN'T BEATEN DUNDALK IN INCHICORE FOR OVER 700 DAYS.

DUNDALK'S STAR MIDFIELDER RICHIE TOWELL HAS NEVER LOST TO PATS.

DUNDALK HAVE PICKED UP MAXIMUM POINTS IN DUBLIN THIS SEASON.

Hopefully your lads realise tonight's game is a lost cause and they can focus all their efforts for Bray on Friday. Maybe they can learn from tonights severe beatdown. Sleep tight little monkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Meh! All I can say is, I'm delighted I drink! The poor souls that have no way to drown their sorrows!

Dundalk are now my second favourite team this season!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its ok Shells fans - ye are playing us in 2 weeks time. We will go one up in the first half and destroy ye with possession in the 2nd half. Ye will soak it up, hit us on the counter and get at least a draw. Your goals will come after the 87th minute as our players think it is an 85 minute game.

Til then, I shall continue enjoying the comedy you are providing the league.

• Advertisement

Its ok Shells fans - ye are playing us in 2 weeks time. We will go one up in the first half and destroy ye with possession in the 2nd half. Ye will soak it up, hit us on the counter and get at least a draw. Your goals will come after the 87th minute as our players think it is an 85 minute game.

We don't score goals.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Stella Artois Cidre is piss, sell it in Thomand. Nice stadium tbh

Makes a nice change from our last visit. Same result would be nice if unlikely...

limerkg7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That second half performance from Bohs reminded me of Cork. Dominant in the first half but just sat back. Better teams than Shels will fúcking crucify us if we continue in the same vain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

CSF wrote: »
    We don't score goals.

We seem to like conceding them.

Plus it will be a cup final of sorts for everyone associated with Shells especially your manager, so I expect a big performance on the night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

No idea why McCabe's goal was ruled out on Friday night. No foul on the keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Plus it will be a cup final of sorts for everyone associated with Shells especially your manager, so I expect a big performance on the night.

Back to WUM college with you and repeat those exams, dire attempts at WUMing!

Only chance of a point this month, imo, is against Drogs.

If Matthews is still in charge for our trip to Cork, I won't be going

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

CSF wrote: »
    If Matthews is still in charge for our trip to Cork, I won't be going

Can shels afford to sack him?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Can shels afford to sack him?

Probably not. I honestly think we are finished. Catch 22 situation. We can't afford to sack Matthews, we can't afford another relegation. Matthews will get us relegated. Our only hope of surviving as a club is if Matthews agrees to walk, which is unlikely.

qwabercd wrote: »
    A very taxing evening for the Universal Social Charge lads.

Used to typing USC (University of Southern California) more than UCD :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement